Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I woke up this morning and realized: This will be the last holiday season I will allow myself to be single and invisible. By this time next year I will have blossomed into my true beautiful and healthy self instead of hiding behind all of this weight and shame. I am so excited for the adventure ahead. I pray it goes well. I know it will be a tough path, but that the rewards will be so worth it.

Do you remember the day you knew your life was going to change for the better?

Me too! I'm in the same position you are now and I hope for the both of us a much happier, healthier 2015! When is your surgery?

Hi Mariah! I'm still waiting for the person who does the scheduling to call me. I'm hoping to have surgery by the end of January, but it might be sometime in February. I guess my surgeon is pretty booked up. Thanks for your comment - it's so nice to know I'm not the only one feeling this way. I am so nervous and excited about the surgery. I'm truly relieved that things will really start to change. I'm tired of hiding out in this cafe I've built.

Tell me more about your journey! Are you booked in for surgery yet? What are your goals?

CAVE! Not cafe!! ????

Edited by blissfulbeing

My surgery is Monday. I'm nervous going back and fourth on whether to do this but I'm also very excited. I hope i move forward and don't chicken out!!!!

Avhick - I have been thinking the same thing. It is so scary! I just keep reading all of the success stories - there are stories after stories of people saying how glad they are they had the surgery. And how they've worked so hard resulting in their lives changing so much for the better. Keep reading those! In the meantime, let's keep supporting each other along the journey. ????

My surgery is January 12th so it is right around the corner! I am extremely nervous as I have never had any type of surgery or major medical procedure before. All of my nervousness goes away when I think of how much better I will feel this time next year. I'm going to power through the liquid diet suffering, the pain, and all else because I know in the long run it will be worth it. Going through surgery will be hard, but being overweight is hard and miserable. Think of all the opportunities and activities that will be bearable at a lower weight! Think of the money saved when we don't have to buy plus size clothing! Think of the energy we will have not binge eating on unhealthy, processed foods! I was just telling my family tonight that I wish my surgery was tomorrow...I'm ready for my new life to begin!

Avhick: don't chicken out! Think of the position you will be in this time next year...you will be so happy that you went through with it and will have a much skinner, healthier body to show for it!

Hi my name is Jennifer I had the sleeve on Tuesday the 23rd. I've done pretty good I think. Have some pretty bad gas, done a lot of walking. It's uncomfortable to drink. But I'm managing to get it done. Had some nausea the first and second night home but none since.

I also went back and forth with rather I was gonna go threw with it, cried a lot for two days prior to surgery, but I didn't come this far and work this hard to back out, I knew I had to go threw with it, I needed to assure a healthy future for myself and I'm glad I went threw with it

Hi Jennifer! Congrats on your surgery! Anxious to hear about your continued progress! What has been the hardest or most surprising part thus far? I've heard lots of people say sleeping and bad gas.

My surgery is January 12th so it is right around the corner! I am extremely nervous as I have never had any type of surgery or major medical procedure before. All of my nervousness goes away when I think of how much better I will feel this time next year. I'm going to power through the liquid diet suffering, the pain, and all else because I know in the long run it will be worth it. Going through surgery will be hard, but being overweight is hard and miserable. Think of all the opportunities and activities that will be bearable at a lower weight! Think of the money saved when we don't have to buy plus size clothing! Think of the energy we will have not binge eating on unhealthy, processed foods! I was just telling my family tonight that I wish my surgery was tomorrow...I'm ready for my new life to begin!

Mariah - you are so right: there are so many great things ahead for us! And a lot of hard work and maybe some tough times during recovery. But it will pay off!

Yes Mariah the gas is terrible, absolutely the worst part everything else is bareable. I was very surprised how hard it is to drink. But it's getting easier everyday

Anything helping ease the gas? I want to be prepared as possible! Thanks for your input!

Hi my name is Jennifer I had the sleeve on Tuesday the 23rd. I've done pretty good I think. Have some pretty bad gas, done a lot of walking. It's uncomfortable to drink. But I'm managing to get it done. Had some nausea the first and second night home but none since.

Hi Jennifer! Welcome to the New Day thread! ???? I'm so excited for you and proud of you! Way to get it done, sister! You are on the road to recovery now! Glad you are home and doing well!

Also, thank you for your candor about the few days before surgery. I imagine I will be feeling quite similar. It's such a big undertaking and life change. I just keep trying to focus on the exiting possibilities ahead. I feel like I've been living a sort of "half life," where I'm not in it 100%. It's time to let that lifestyle go and open up to a new beginning. I'm hoping your recovery continues to go well. Please keep us posted so that we can support each other on our journeys.