Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plastic Surgery in Tijuana after the sleeve?

Has anyone gone back to Tijuana and had plastic surgery after a successful weightloss, and who did you use and recommend?

Hey.....check out going to Monterrey. They have better deals than Tijuana!! GOOD LUCK!!!

I think the cost in mexico is more expensive or the same cost as us

From what I've seen so far regarding prices, it's less than half for the surgeries I've researched to go to Mexico, I also trust the surgeons in Tijuana a lot more. I'd like to find someone with knowledge of the surgeons there to find a good one.

@@Jill Pill

It's more expensive in the U.S. Mexico is almost always half the cost of the U.S. In Mexico, you can get a Tummy Tuck for about $4-$5k, plus plane tickets, but in in the U.S. it would cost you about $10k or more after all the add ons are applied. A friend had both a tummy tuck and breast surgery and it cost him about $21k in the U.S. altogether. He could have gotten both for about $8-$10k in Mexico.

My sister in law is having a Tummy Tuck in New Jersey next week

She's getting it for $7500

Will likely be using her same doc if my insurance won't pay.

Why would I ever risk Mexico

@@Jersrose43

Wait until she gets the bill to have the final total. Because I've been quoted prices as low as $3500 in my area but when you ask if there's any add on they always say yes. Just like with the gastric sleeve, in my area I was quoted $11,500 for the procedure. When I asked about any extra fees she said yes and told me that it would be $16-$18k altogether.

Funny, I don't find Tijuana a risk, but more highly trained quality surgeons than we have here. I would choose Mexico over anywhere for any surgery or dental work, but I would prefer going to someone that someone else has used. I had a very successful sleeve done in TJ for a very inexpensive price, but price isn't my concern, it's getting quality surgeons, and I know they are in Mexico, much more so than here.

I just had a circular Tummy Tuck and breast implants with Dr. Juan Pablo Cervantes in Tijuana Mexico on 12/8/14. I had an arm lift 9/1/14 with him as well. I've lost 167lbs and had a lot of skin to be removed.

@@sherry24184, thank you, I'll check him out on line..

I would recommend Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, MX. There is a support forum full of his past and future patients on Obesity Help. When you have scheduled surgery, there is a private Facebook group of patients where you connect with others that are having surgery the same time you are.

The patient support and info was a big part of why I went to Dr. Sauceda. I had a lower body lift, butt flap augmentation, arm lift, breast lift/augmentation, and a neck lift. I am extremely happy with my results.

The other benefit is Dr. S has the best and most gentle nurse in the world that helps you in the hotel after you get out of the hospital.

Here are some pics from 5 months post-op. I'm 49 yrs old. Highest weight 273. Current weight 174.

post-169315-14199020989131_thumb.jpg post-169315-14199021131385_thumb.jpg

@@deedadumble, thank you, someone else recommended Monterrey as well. I'll look them up. You look fantastic, great work!

I appreciate all the info people post about docs and procedures. I had the sleeve in august with Elias Ortiz in Tijuana and it was a great experience. I had almost zero pain and was at sea world with my kids 4 days later. He was great and my scars are barely visible. I would go back to mexico for more just need to know who to go to for plastic surgery. Thanks and sorry to hijack your post :)