Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got My Date! January 6. Anyone else on or around that date?

@@Fallinstar Thanks for the info. I think I will hit the stores this weekend and start stocking up

Edited by sleevedmanda

I started a January sleevers group if yall want to join!!!

Edited by sleevedmanda

Just finished up my appointment. Two things that surprised me. I will over staying overnight two nights not the one that was initially told. The other I need time to adjust but I have to give myself a needle in the stomach for 20 days post-op. I understand it's for blood clots and its is necessary. But this came out of left field I've never heard of it before. Not a big fan of the needles not sure how I'm going to do this but I know I well.

Funny lol I'm on lovenox, blood thinners and I inject myself twice daily. My surgeon wants me to STOP, I had to get clearance from my hemo dr to stop before I could get a date so I just got it a few weeks ago. But it's not too bad lol, you will be fine. It does leave bruises so DONT rub the spot after u inject and keep switching spots on your tummy over those couple of days to lessen the bruise. Also be careful not to fall or cut yourself during that time. I been on them for three yrs on and off (I stop on my own,bad I know)

Got a call today Jan 5th!!!

Jan 5th for me

I just joined, and I'm scheduled 12/29 so just a few days before y'all. Good luck to all of you!!!

I just joined, and I'm scheduled 12/29 so just a few days before y'all. Good luck to all of you!!!

Welcome!! Your date is so close!! Def keep us updated on your progress and post op! :)

My date is the 9th as well first one that morning at 7am. I start preop diet January 1st.

cant wait to get this over with broke another damn chair in the living room. Feeling more miserable about being so fat.

I need this done right now.

I'm either going to be late Jan or early feb.

My date is January 9th. I start a pre op diet the week before that is high Protein and low carbs. Two days before my surgery I am on Clear liquids. I am getting nervous but I am excited too. I weighed the other day and I weigh 420. I am so disappointed in myself. I feel like this is my last hope so I know that I have to do what is required.

Welcome to our group. Congratulations on your date. You will definitely have to fill all of us January Sleevers in on your experiences. As you are being sleeved, I will be having my finally visit with my surgeon before my big day. I am so excited, I can't wait!

January 13th is my date. Had my endoscopy today. Don't remember a thing!!! I start my pre op diet on the 1st. Mostly Protein drinks. Going to purchase Premier Protein from Cosco.

Congratulations! Oh I remember that day. Was kinda nervous simply because I hate being put to sleep. I had 3 c-sections and had to be put to sleep for those also. I know I will have to for my sleeve too but to me, that is the scariest part. I am not a chocolate eater but I love the chocolate Premier Protein. It's a good thing seeing I will have to have them. Just hope my taste buds don't change after my sleeve. Lol

My date is January 9th. I start a pre op diet the week before that is high Protein and low carbs. Two days before my surgery I am on Clear Liquids. I am getting nervous but I am excited too. I weighed the other day and I weigh 420. I am so disappointed in myself. I feel like this is my last hope so I know that I have to do what is required.

Congratulations! Don't be disappointed in yourself. You have made a huge decision, in the right direction, for a healthier you. We all eat things that really isn't good for us sometimes. We are human. I have been on this high protein, low carb diet for almost 7 months now and tonight, I did a no no. I ate 6 chick fa la chicken nuggets. Wrong answer and big mistake. My stomach has hurt for the last 2 hours. I am guess from them being fried and my tummy isn't used to that anymore, and I haven't even had my sleeve yet. Won't cheat again. Lol Chin up, hold your head high. You are on your way to a more beautiful, more healthier you. That is something to be proud of!

Edited by Fallinstar