Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sharp pain under main incision --did I do too much?

I have a sharp pain that gets worse as the day goes on under my main incision, second to the right. GP did tests for gall bladder ..all negative. I feels like I pulled an abdominal muscle. Will see surgeon next week. His office says I could have done too much. I have done some light housekeeping.. but I don't remember doing anything overly strenuous but it is possible that I did. It just seemed to come out of nowhere. No pain when I am sleeping.. usually on a heating pad. Surgery was Nov. 21. No significant eating or Water consumption problems.. just this damn tweaky, sharp pain. Wanted to return to work next week but that seems unlikely now even though I have a desk job. Sitting at my desk at home give me pain, especially later in the day. Bummer!

Sounds like you did too much. Take it easy for a day or 2 and see how it goes.

Thanks.. that is the plan. Take it slow. But it def feels like a setback cuz i want to get back to the gym asap. Thanks for response.

I was sleeved on 11/21 also and have exact pain daily...especially if I overextend myself. My surgeon has said that particular incision takes the longest to heal.

Thanks.. I guess I did overextend myself. It is so frustrating. I am lousy at relaxing. Now I am forced to take it easy or I will not be able to get back to work. Uggh!

I had pain in the same area, but mine was so bad I couldn't walk... And all I did to trigger it was sing a lot (I'm an opera singer). It lasted about 5 days until I sneezed one day and I felt the internal stitch come loose (the dissolvable one). I was about 5 weeks out when this happened but it was the worst pain I ever experienced in my life.

Thanks Musikgal21 for the response. Sorry you went through that.. sounds awful. My daughter is a singer and her voice coach says that singing opera properly is a real workout! Glad you are better now. My pain sounds like it is not as intense .. it us just a nagging sharp pain that gets worse as the day goes on. Need to wear the binder all of the time.. seems to help. It is shaping up as a real setback to 1.) getting back to work and 2.) getting back to the gym!

I had same thing happen. I thought I ripped my stitches or something. My dr told me to stop any exercise other than walking and take easy gor a few days and within a week it was completely better!