Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

two surgeons in the O.R?

The NJ Bariatric center always has two of their doctors in the room doing the surgery. It kinda puts my mind as ease a little knowing there's more than one doc in there.(four eyes are better than two, I guess...lol ) Anyone else get two docs in the room?

Yes, this a very common practice.

Yes my doctors dose I love it because both of them are good doc.

Ohhh ok. :). I didn't know that. Thanks

Me too. It is faster I think

My surgeon teaches bariatric and robotic gastro-intestinal surgery at Loyola University, so I am sure that he at least had an intern observing. Also he has the supervising nurse from the bariatric clinic in the O R as well.

I had three, yes, three people putting me to sleep and making sure I stayed that way. The head anesthesiologist, the nurse anesthesiologist and an anesthesiologist intern. I guess they had it under control, because I stayed asleep.

I had the anesthesiologist, surgeon, two fellows, a resident and a med student. It must have been crowded!

I had three, yes, three people putting me to sleep and making sure I stayed that way. The head anesthesiologist, the nurse anesthesiologist and an anesthesiologist intern. I guess they had it under control, because I stayed asleep.

Three people to make sure you stay asleep....I wan that!!! lol!!!! I've had trouble with local anesthesia in the past and I'm afraid something crazy will happen and I'll wake up from the general! lol

Edited by laurenella82

Three people to make sure you stay asleep....I wan that!!! lol!!!! I've had trouble with local anesthesia in the past and I'm afraid something crazy will happen and I'll wake up from the general! lol

Yup, the three of them. Initially thought it was only going to be the nurse anesthesiologist, because he was the one who came and spoke to me in the holding room. But when I got to the OR, the other two were there. I met the ananesthesiologist at my pre op work up the week before and he did tell me it would either be him or another doctor. But no, I had all three. They told me I was the star that day. I smiled and went to sleep. I've had trouble with an epidural before, and had to be given general. Just to sure to let them know all that has happened to you previously. I really believe they want to take great care of the patients. Try not to worry dearest.

I had surgery in Mexico and had two surgeons (Dr. A. Ortiz and Dr. Martinez) an anesthesiologist and two nurses in the OR.

Like @@Miss Mac I got my surgery done at a teaching hospital (Northwestern Memorial in Chicago). So there was a whole team of surgically minded minions and interns in there assisting him. I actually saw them more often during my hospital stay, as they were in to check in on me multiple times a day. He actually only stopped in once!

Yup. Two surgeons.

Yup, the three of them. Initially thought it was only going to be the nurse anesthesiologist, because he was the one who came and spoke to me in the holding room. But when I got to the OR, the other two were there. I met the ananesthesiologist at my pre op work up the week before and he did tell me it would either be him or another doctor. But no, I had all three. They told me I was the star that day. I smiled and went to sleep. I've had trouble with an epidural before, and had to be given general. Just to sure to let them know all that has happened to you previously. I really believe they want to take great care of the patients. Try not to worry dearest.

Awesome! Yeah that epidural didn't work for me. I felt her cut me and had to be put to sleep for my son's birth. Smh. They will know!!!

I am scheduled for 12/29. There will be 2 surgeons and an anesthesiologist in the OR with me.