Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No Flavor Protein Powder

I am looking for no flavor Protein Powder. Any suggestions?

You can find genpro on Amazon.com. You only need a small amount and it tasteless. Not all unflavored Protein powders are.

Someone recommended to me Biochem. I got it at the Vitamin Shoppe. I personally have not tried it yet. I just got it today. It's 100% whey Protein isolate. That is what my surgeon is recommending for me post-op. I hope that helps.

I use the Unjury brand unflavored.

I use GENEPRO, and the stuff us amazing. No taste, and only about a tablespoon worth equals about 30 grams of Protein. You can buy it in Amazon. .. it also mixes great with hot foods and liquids with no clumping.

From what I've researched, I would not recommend GENEPRO. The actual Protein content in one serving is 10 grams, not 30. It claims that you absorb it three times better, so that it's as if you are getting 30 grams. I find that difficult to believe, especially since it says it is absorbed mostly in the upper part of the intestines. The part that gets cut out in RNY. The reason it is so tasteless and disolves so easily is because there is so little actual protein in it. If you do use it, use it in everything so you have a chance of getting your protein in.

Orionova, do you have a reference for your claim? GENEPRO was recommended to me by my NUT, and it is highly absorbable because it is a peptide. If there is something out there to the contrary, I would like to read up on it.

I am a fan of genepro! Even if it only gave u 15 grams of Protein still a awesome source of protein to add to anything!

I LOVE Genepro! It's the only Protein I've tried that is really flavorless. It's the only one I've used for the last two months and the same with my friend who just had her blood work done and all came back great! I will be having blood work the end of December myself and will be glad to post the results. It has no whey taste and you can mix it with hot liquids. It was also approved by my NUT and surgeon. You can also buy it from the website Musclegen Research.

Best of luck,

Carol

It's pretty simple. You cannot get 30 grams of something in only 15 grams. GENEPRO claim that the 10 grams you get is equivilent to thirty grams of Protein because of the way it's absorbed. And it says that it is absorbed in the area of the intestines that gets cut out in RNY. I don't know about other surgeries because I don't have any experience with those. So even if the thirty grams of protein is true, you still can't absorb it properly if it does get absorbed in the upper part of the intestines like they say. By all means, use it if you want. But don't count it as thirty grams of protein.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches