Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So according to the rumor mill at work, I am sick which is why I was off work for 6 weeks and have lost soooo much weight. I was wondering how long it was going to take for the rumors to get back to me. It took two months longer than I expected. The gossipers are slipping! LOL!!

Who really cares? You will find 99% of people will be excited for you.

Oh yay!! Maybe they will take up a money collection for you in your time of "sickness" :)-

Tell them that you were sick. Sick of their s**t. =)

Nosy asses.

I freaked everyone...of course I had someone ask about the weight loss I said just not eating so much, the next asked what did you do have surgery. I went to my supervisor and said you know to release my medical info is a HIPPA violation. ... for some reason all the questioning stopped... How funny is that...!!!! After the majority of the weight left the first 4 months people quit asking... Went from 22 to 14 pretty quick

I ended up tell the girls I worked with before leaving because I was just so stressed about it. Some people in the office where excited for me and then the girls I work work directly with where so rude about it they broke my heart. One even made a comment "isn't that the easy way out " "oooo not saying that's what you are doing "

Oh yay!! Maybe they will take up a money collection for you in your time of "sickness" :)-

And then spend the collection money on new smaller clothes. :D

This thread reminds me of Bonnie Raitt's song "Let's Give Them Something To Talk About......let's give them something to figure out."

I am waiting for this to happen to me when I get back from surgery! I live in a very small town that has no roads going in or out-- and people here gossip more than any other place I have lived. Everyone knows everyone and boyyyyy do people talk.

I am SO looking forward to the day when someone finally asks why I am losing so much weight. I am going to have fun with it and pretend like I don't even notice and that they are completely crazy.

I am also the Privacy/HIPAA Officer for our only hospital in town, so I know people won't be asking me for my personal information because I am such a stickler for privacy.

So cruel, but I gotta have fun when I can!!! Mwuahahaha

I am waiting for this to happen to me when I get back from surgery! I live in a very small town that has no roads going in or out-- and people here gossip more than any other place I have lived. Everyone knows everyone and boyyyyy do people talk.

I am SO looking forward to the day when someone finally asks why I am losing so much weight. I am going to have fun with it and pretend like I don't even notice and that they are completely crazy.

I am also the Privacy/HIPAA Officer for our only hospital in town, so I know people won't be asking me for my personal information because I am such a stickler for privacy.

So cruel, but I gotta have fun when I can!!! Mwuahahaha

I live in a very small community, too. 2 traffic lights and about 3500 households in the whole county. If I told one person about my surgery (which I did), everyone was bound to find out, so I just went ahead and told my hairdresser/nail tech all about it when she asked about my weight loss. There was seriously a little "gathering" around the nail table as I told my tale. Two people even got my surgeon's name and contact info. And that saved me from having to explain it to at least a couple hundred others because you know how gossipy beauty shops are!

And of course every one of our clients asked about my weight loss and It actually got to the point my business partner was answering the questions. She'd heard my answers so many times it was like she had had the surgery. She even had two clients call her at home because they were afraid I had cancer. She assured them that no, it was just WLS. But now that most everyone knows and the questions have slowed down, I can just smile and say thanks as everyone tells me how great I look and how jealous they are! But I guess I could have had a grand time spreading some juicy gossip (or pretend I hadn't lost any weight) instead of the boring old surgery story.

Edited by Kindle

@@Kindle I will probably eventually have to spill the Beans to someone. It sounds like it went well with you- so hopefully once the word does get out (after I have had my fun of course!) it will go as smoothly for me as well :) Cheers!

I actually did "play dumb" with one client. He is very creepy and not someone I wish to talk to on any personal level. I ran into him at the post office one day and he kept saying I looked different. I explained I just got a haircut (which I had). He just kept going on about how great I looked and I kept talking in detail about my haircut. He even followed me out to my car, gushing the whole time...seriously creepy dude! But I did get a laugh over my life changing haircut.

@@Kindle, I love that you told the nail tech. Great strategy. :)

@@Kindle Haha you're my favorite! That's funny!!!!

Lol.???? people are so nosey....????