Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

no I have not heard from her.....:tongue:?????

Ok, girl I am up for it....LOL

So, what does the new bike you are looking at look like???

That sounds like a long week...my husband liked the one that BG is getting ready to do...maybe that can be something for us next year..?

you are 60 freakin miles ahead of me girl!!!!!

HP, I would seriously advise riding tonight. 100 miles at least. I am not going to take this challenge lightly. LOL....If you do a 100 and I do 100 I am still ahead......I like this kind of challenge....I am ahead before we start...

I won't ride on Wednesday night, just to give you a chance to catch up...hehehehehe

Actually tonight we are probably going up to the mountians, so you never get very many miles in, just lots of hard work and sweat trying to make it up.

$600 sounds like a lot for a ride, but I figure if I make it our vacation, thats pretty dang good considering you get three meals a day, so less than $100 a day for a 7 day good time doing what I love to do...

The bike I am looking at is cream and orange...looks like a creamsicle....lol..."look ma, that lady is riding a creamsicle..." let me see if I can find a pic....

Since this is a challenge HP, I rode to do some errands this afternoon and got another 4.3 miles. Hmmmmmmmmmmm, you MIGHT have to quit work and ride to keep up with me....LOL....just sayin'

Lovegrapes most of us do use a coputer to track miles and speed. I think my brand is a Catseye but there re many different kinds at your LBS (local bike shop). Where in Michgian are you located?

I'm from the UP. My bf is from Detroit so I get down your way once or twice a year.

grapes,

I'm in Ohio but get to Michigan about once month. My SO is near Kalamazoo.

I'd love to ride in your part of the world. It's so beautiful!!!

D.....I am signing off to go ride...LOL!!!! NO Cheating allowed either!!!

LOL

If only I was a stay at home mom again, I would be all over it!!!

Check back later

OHHHH AND LOVE THE BIKE!!! I test rode the mens version......aaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Angel,

Congrats on the new bike! It's great that you plan to use it to commute. Any exercise you build into your day without going to the gym etc, is a real bonus and will pay huge dividends. Your are right to start slowly and build towards simple goals. I work away from home and I really miss the daily rides to work. All the best with your surgery. Mine was a breeze and has proved to be a very positive expereince.

EMEP

Grapes, I get up to the UP once a year myself since I have family in Munising.

D, That ride does not include meals. There was an option to add on Breakfast for $5 a day and dinner for $7 per day. I did get the dinners but not the Breakfast. I figure i will just take some Clif bars and we are planning on stopping for lunch along the way each day. All in all with my trip fee, food and jersey I paid $190 for the whole week. Most of the other rides here are about $300+ but do include meals.

HP that would be sweet if you guys did the PALM next year. Register early though. They open registration at the end of January and are filled by mid Feb. They take 700 riders. I sent my application in on Feb 12 and was rider number 647. I am seriously considering taking Korrine next year if I can get a tag a long for her to ride.

I'm so glad to see a thread here all about biking. I just purchased my first bike in years about a week after my surgery (I was banded 3 weeks ago). I've ridden it just about every single day since. I go to this beautiful park near my house and ride for about an hour or as I estimate it, about 8 miles. I've been wondering if you've all found it an effective fat burning workout. I plan to switch up and join a gym in the winter but for now I'm addicted and although it kills my butt, I find my self craving a ride each day no matter how tired I am. And I've already gotten stronger.

Hi LaneJane,

Looks like Michigan is going to overtake Texas as the best represented state on the cycling thread!

You are newly banded! Congratulations!

It's great your body is craving the biking. Your booty should be feeling better shortly. If not maybe you'll want to check on getting a new seat, but give it some time, or get some padded shorts to wear. They make them is sizes that will fit, promise.

Welcome!

EMEP,

Howdy! Are you able to ride? You said you work away from home and can't commute. Can you get out on the weekends?

Nice to meet you, btw.