Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

Yeah, of all things...snow!! What a joke around here.....it is suppose to be in the 80's on Saturday...thats what I get for living in Idaho..

D,

Were you born there?

Idaho, Ohio, they are the same right?

Well kids I called for a fill. You might recall I had and cancelled an appointment for the first of the month. Yesterday's ability to eat a Mc D's sausage biscuit, in the morning and in less than 10 minutes pretty much convinced me I'm far too open. (keep it clean, BG)

This is some stuff.

Well that's about it. I did work out today and will again tomorrow. My trainer dude is being replaced by a trainer babe. Should be fun.

XO

Hi Everyone!

J: Yes, there is the HHH (Hancock Horizontal Hundred) coming in September. It's a fun ride...no hills! (sorry J). You can do 32, 64 or 100 miles. Other than that I'm not sure. We have Bike to the Bay in a few weeks (for MS) but that starts in Maumee, Ohio. I can check to see if there are any others coming up that I haven't mentioned.

Guess what?....possibility of moving to C-bus! Lots of details to work out, but it may happen. DH may transfer there.

On a completely different note than bycyling...

I got another fill on Friday. I am so tight in the mornings that I can't eat Breakfast. Even drinking is uncomfortable. It stays like this until well into the afternoon. By evening I can eat 1/2 cup, but am pretty hungry by then and find myself eating more often and it must be soft foods (ie, sliders). I called the doctor's office yesterday and the nurse did not seem surprised nor concerned. Is this how most of you are? I have read that many are tighter in the am vs. pm, but shouldn't I be able to eat something? I am drinking a lot of Protein Shakes to get by. Thanks for your input...anyone!

~Carol

Turler

I know what you mean. I am like that in the morning as well. But, I am making some bad food choices and bad drink choices and it is starting to show in the scale. I am going to have to hit it hard if I want to get to my goal by August. I have a short term goal for myself and I really want to get to it......just need to get my BUTT in gear

If gas was not so high and I was not broke we would be doing some more rides that are coming up. But honestly, we can save money and ride local and have just as much fun....wthout the t-shirt of course...:teeth_smile:

Turler..hang in there...and good luck in the DH job that would be good. I would love to visit Columbus...I want to go to Performance bike there!!!

Carol

You sound a little tight...it's your call if you are too tight or not. You can get some food in you at some point so you're not going to die and you can get in tea/liquid in the mornings.

Give it two weeks, they do loosen up a bit, so if in 2 weeks you are miserable get a tiny unfill...but don't panic, what you have going on is normal.

If you need to puree your meatloaf or chicken salad to get it down, do that. Don't rely on ice-cream to get you through this tight stretch. Just saying....

And woot woot, watch the numbers drop on the scale.

BTW, I'd love to have you in Columbus, but what about DD and high school???? OMG, would she be miserable?

Turler

I know what you mean. I am like that in the morning as well. But, I am making some bad food choices and bad drink choices and it is starting to show in the scale. I am going to have to hit it hard if I want to get to my goal by August. I have a short term goal for myself and I really want to get to it......just need to get my BUTT in gear

If gas was not so high and I was not broke we would be doing some more rides that are coming up. But honestly, we can save money and ride local and have just as much fun....wthout the t-shirt of course...:teeth_smile:

Turler..hang in there...and good luck in the DH job that would be good. I would love to visit Columbus...I want to go to Performance bike there!!!

Is someone drinking Mt Dew again??? Just teasing. Is it me or is it increasingly difficult not to want to cheat more these days?

What's your goal for August? I need to set some number goals for myself. I'm losing only about 0.5 pounds a week. And that just will not do.

About Performance, I feel spoiled. There are so many bike stores in this town and there's such a cool cycling community. There's a non profit, Consider Biking, group that's really amazing. They are working at combining the different cycling interest groups together, from the green college kids to the older retired bike enthueists...I'm looking to give them some of my time when I get some.

All very awesome.

Hi, been a while since I posted. I take spinning/cycling classes at the gym 4-5 times a week for one hour. I had my first fill yesterday and missed this morning's class. I feel a little gaseous. I will go Saturday and possibly to tommorrow's class. I love cycling, it challenges me and pushes me to limits that I thought I could not acheive. I had surgery on 4-14-08, I was 261, I am now 222, I lost this without a fill. I believe that prayer and cycling helped me to accomplish this amount of weight loss. I am shooting for 200lbs by way of being on the road again. Go cycling! I want to join a real cycling club now, I believe I am strong enough.

J

I am shooting for being at 200 or as close to it by August 16th.

Dews??? ME>??????

I am making a effort to change this ASAP! This is not helping me...I am defiantly not consuming too much food as calories, so this is my only fault.....other than laziness!!! HAHA

I like the small bike shops....and I know there is a college town within an hour from me, and some of the shops are snooty, where others are not.I just want to visit Performance....Never been.

I am planning on starting this effort to get back on the downwards scale today.....I like the way i look and feel, and i think it has given me the "OK" to be comfortable...but I want so much more.....which is why I added the quote at my signature....have to keep pushing for the ultimate goal and not get into a rut!

J, I know what you are talking about. It seems so different now than it did a month or two out of surgery. I don't like it, it just is. I love the way I feel too, HP, and want to continue to lose more, but I think if I stopped here, I think I would be fine (really though, I would be disappointed in myself), because I can move now, I can breath at night, I am off all medications and I actually want to leave to the house now. I do know that the smaller I am, the easier it will be to climb some of the huge mountain passes we have, and easier to bike altogether. My husband can fly past me going up steep hills and I mostly have to gear down to one-one most of the time. I did do a steep hill the other day and only went to two-one and stood up some of the time and did not stop at all.

What are we gonna do with ourselves? We need some different kind of motivation.....BUT WHAT????

Edited by areellady

oh I am so with you D....my husband does the same stuff to me on hills...it use to bother me allot, but now I just go...and if I stop I stop....no big deal..but isnt it great how we feel when we make it to the top...even if we are in granny gear...

I need to get myself going.....we all have come so far...we will keep going!!!!

I keep telling myself I've got three years to make it to goal.

But the reality is that I've got a year before I leave this job and want to have PS while still employed by the state of Ohio.

So I've got to up the activity and stop eating shite.

Let me know if you come up with a plan that works, I need something too. Herumph.

okie dokie

I wish I had the money to afford a trainer.....but I dont. I also wish I was not so BORED today....

I think I will ride this evening....

I feel like each day I am getting closer to that goal....and they are goals I am setting for me....But than i have weeks like this one...when I am like WTH!!!

OH well

:giggle:

What with all the sadness and trauma going on in the world at the moment,

it is worth reflecting on the death of a very important person which almost

went unnoticed last week. Larry LaPrise, the man who wrote “the Hokey Pokey” died peacefully at the age of 93.

The most traumatic part for his family was getting him into the coffin. They put his left leg in…and then the trouble started.

Hi gang.

Newbie here, sorta, and I've been thinking of buying a bike. Never ridden seriously before.

This is what I'm looking at, in the $900 range: BikePedia - 2007 Masi Vincere Complete Bicycle

Thoughts? The guys I'll be hanging with are serious, with 2-3K carbon whatever machines. I don't want to spend that kind of cash yet

Hi gang.

Newbie here, sorta, and I've been thinking of buying a bike. Never ridden seriously before.

This is what I'm looking at, in the $900 range: BikePedia - 2007 Masi Vincere Complete Bicycle

Thoughts? The guys I'll be hanging with are serious, with 2-3K carbon whatever machines. I don't want to spend that kind of cash yet

Looks like a great bike. The biggest concern is "under buying" a bike but that doesn't seem to be an issue with what you selected.

I ride a $600 bike and it gets the job done. I can take it up hills with out too much torque and it will carry me for 100+ miles at a time.

Don't the carbon guys get to you. Also, tell yourself if the Masi works well for a few years you can upgrade to carbon.

That's my 2 cents.