Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

Thanks J :laugh:

Of course, I'm back on the road in the early AM, and the ankle is just about healed. Oh well, at least I won't be in pain on the road and away from what's left of my big bottle of Loritab...

I heeeaaaaarrrrrrtttt my loritab.

B

well. I wanted to share with everyone that I have gotten to my 1 year mark. (as of yesterday)

As a reward to myself, I got my bike out of lay-way, and went for a ride last night. Love the drops btw!!!

Need to make some minor adjustments and plan to go out again today.

It is truly amazing how my life has changed in just 1 year.

I have depended on this thread to get me through some day's, and it has. Your support of each other on here is amazing, and I truly appreciate it...

So, as far as my 1 year mark. I am over the 100lb loss and am happy with that. I know what I should be doing and what I am not doing.....so I still have more to go, but have allot more determination than I did a year ago.

I made a power point presentation to show my pictures as I have progressed....Amazed at how I looked this time last year.

Thanks to all my online friends who have made this year easier and have been there to kick my ass a few times......I wont mention names....LOL

To us all....raise our glasses and lets keep on moving!!!!

To all you starting bikers, it just takes time to build up to distance. I haven't banded yet weighing 290, but got my referral and am trying toget scheduled for the cosult. I bike just under 30 miles on Saturdays (15 down the river trail and 15 back). I started doing short distances and have built up over the years to linger distances. About 5 years ago when i weighed 250, I entered a double century (200 miles in one day) just to see if I could do it and I did (started at 3:30AM and findished at 12 Midnight).

Part of the reason I'm trying to get banded is that I need the help of a full fealing after the meal. I can do the liquid meals for 2 or 3 weeks as I havedone fasting for 2 weeks and without any other helo other than willpower, that;s tough.

I go to the gym regularly. When I started doing the step machine, I could do it for 4 or 5 minutes and had to get off. It's just that you have to get used to any exercise. just because you can only do a couple of miles now, doesn't mean that you cn't build up. It will take time, but you can't give up.

I'm looking forward to the banding and returning to my college weight. good luck to all you starting your exercise program. It will get easier.

hello to all

welcome danj!

Well, I was able to get my new bike out this weekend and ride.

It was amazing....Never dreamed I would like being in the drops, but I do? Oh well.

Love it love it love it!!!!!

Cant believe I waited a whole year to get a road bike.....

John hurt his back last weekend so he had not been on the bike all week. The 4 of us went out and went to a nearby town to ride....

It was a great change in pace with allot of rolling hills and smelly turkey barns.....yuck!!!!

Huge turtles.....nice wild turkeys...

And my average was good.....

Anyway...just wanted to say hello and check in

hope all had a good weekend

There's a conference in Dallas Forth Worth, Texas.

C, I pricelined a ticket and they were about $270. I'd go Friday morning and return Sunday night maybe Monday morning.

But it's my normal kiddo weekend, so I need to get the schedule rectified with my X and also make sure there's a good group going. I'll be more pissed than you can imagine if I make plans and no one goes like Vegas AGAIN. I refuse to have my GF come as back up....

Also, I need to see my work schedule for that month too. I don't want to pass up overtime...That sounds vague but I'll know soon, next year's school schedule.

Whew,

Okay, working out has been stellar. I took a good friend my favorite LBS today after work. I love my guy there. I would marry him if I could. My pal wants to start riding and I'm so psyched to help her out.

And D, a tool equals ass, joker, idiot, moron. You get the picture.

J - unless something serious comes up, I'll totally be there. Like I said, I plan on spending 1-2 weeks in Houston looking at hospitals (jobs) and a few apartments in late Sept, so I'll just fit the Dallas convention into my trip home.

BTW, as of RIGHT NOW you are exactly 100 posts behind BG. You better catch up!

OK... I can't help myself, I am so attatched to so many of my online friends.... Stef is MIA. I've called and texted her and I get no response. She hasn't posted around LBT lately that I'm aware of. It's just not like her. Did I miss something? Do ya'll know of where she is, or if something happened? I get all worried when someone is gone for so long...

(speaking of which, I'm relieved to see BG and D posting again.)

I was wondering the same thing about Stef. I hope all is well with her. You know when her hubby comes home she gives him all of her attention. Perhaps he's home right now?

Stefanie, where are you????

yeah i have been keeping on eye on you all but not posting too much on here. i just cant keep up with you hot ladies.

Well duh. Obviously.

=)