Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

Mel,

What you're riding is called a comfort bike.

My feelings on the different kinds of bikes are, so long as it has a wheel or three and you're propelling yourself forward with your own energy then it's fantastic.

Brandy,

I love your cargo picture. Very cute.

Just thought I would say Hi to all, doing fine here. I had a fill yesterday and got 1.1 cc. so now Iam up to 6.2 cc in the band. You guys are really out of my league when it comes to all the gloves, shoes etc. you are using for cycling. HP glad to see you are doing well and my ham radio call is N0HVK and iam a general class. So if we do not see you on here we can assume you are bicycle mobile then. I keep reading all the postd but just have nothing to really contribute since it has allready been said by another, no need to repeat the same thing.

73's

Chris

Mel,

What you're riding is called a comfort bike.

My feelings on the different kinds of bikes are, so long as it has a wheel or three and you're propelling yourself forward with your own energy then it's fantastic.

Brandy,

I love your cargo picture. Very cute.

I like the sound of that................"comfort bike" LOL

ZZ,

Are you still in the flip flop manufacturing business? DD has been wearing hers and folks are asking where to get them. How shall I direct them to you?

goodness....Hello to all the new and old faces here on the thread!!!! Hello to NOHVK!!!

I started with a comfort bike, old type breaks...it did me just fine.....but than I got the bug......

I know that as long as you are out there pedaling you are burning calories and becoming a healthier person. Pooo on those who critize...and there are SOOOOO MANY!!!!!

Hi all!

I'm here. Just reading and checking out the conversations on here everyday. I'm doing fine. Not much has happened or changed so I'm just kinda hanging out. My band is really tight and I'm still not losing and I'm frustrated so I don't know what else to say. :( *cry*

I'm leaving for vacation in a few days and I'm totally excited to get away! I'm sure I'll be checking in while away too though. Can't imagine not taking the laptop! LOL

~C

I too am thinking about getting a bike this summer. Banded March 20th - I did not get first fill yet due to doing well and May my surgeon was overbooked, so first fill will be tomorrow..

Question, what is a good bike for a heavier gal like me, that won't cost an arm and a leg???

:(

Ginala,

We are were/are heavier gals and guys. Any bike out there will suit you. Honest to goodness. Unless you are 500+, which I'm guessing isn't the case.

As for the arm and a leg cost, I'd try a used bike shop if you have on in your town or Craigs List. Or if you have a few hundred go the the Local Bike Shop (LBS). They can set you up with comfort/hybrid/cruiser style bike and they will make sure it fits you well.

Go to the LBS anyway, to see what you like and to see what size (height) will fit you. Don't worry about being overweight, most the folks working there love cycling so much, they want to share their passion with you.

HTH,

J

I hate to do this to you guys but I'm 5 posts away from 3000. You know what's about to happen.........

We can now call it 4.

I'll be a little chatty for the cause. I worked out with my new trainer Liz today. Funny story, she's young maybe 25 and she was talking about her broken arm from skiing, her pulled shoulder from football (yeah woman's football, hubba hubba) her potentially ruptured disc from skateboarding...there are scars on her knees from surgeries...

I know her family, her mom has had WLS, RnY, anyway I say to Liz, one benefit of being obese my entire adult life is that I had yet to suffer a broken bone from doing anything like what she's done.

We laughed.

I only have one more week, actually just a few days left of accounting!!!

Then a finance class and I get my BS in August.

Oh yeah baby.

I miss BG, we send emails every day while we are at work. I suppose I should text her to see how things are going.

She's riding 50 -60 miles a day on her trip. Lucky girl.

TA DA,

New people thanks for your patience with my ramblings. Old people, too bad, I know you love me.