Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

Lane Jane, I am not Juli, but YES, YES, YES biking is very good for fat loss...

HP, what is endouruxx.???????

LOL...sorry about the triple post....that is too funny!!!!

I just spent 200 at the grocery store...what is up with that....I hate the grocery store...that is for a week too!! WHAT???? How much do you all spend?

it is a replacment to put in your Water. Accelsport.com: Official Web Store for Endurox - Nutrition Tools for Endurance Athletes

They make other things as well. I remember Jodi saying he used it when he works out.

We are going to get to try out some new roads this weekend, I am super hyped...LOL

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

I don't use anything except, I have started taking a banana and half way through eating that, and it helps a whole lot. All the potassium I guess. I read about it in a BICYCLING magazine article. I do like to drink some sort of sports drink, low cal of course, when it gets really really hot, for the electrolytes.

Rode 38.07 miles yesterday and planning on doing a major mountain pass today.

Good luck to you on the new roads HP!!!

Texas you are being missed all over the boards I see!!! Come back soon!!!

Have a great weekend everyone and don't take any spills!!

can't belive it has been more than 30 days since my last post. Man time files. Started a new job and have been going 100 mph non stop. Things should calm down until the next election cycle. Opening a new office about 5 miles from my house so think I am going to try the comute by bike thing. Just need to see how hot and sweaty I get. The suit and tie thing does not lend itself to the comute by bike thing. But I will just see how it goes.

How is everyones summer riding going? I have been getting in about 50 miles a week, sacking i know. There are a few big tours coming up later in the year so I am going to shoot for those.

hey there stranger....nice to see your post!!!!

You seem like you are doing great....It is wonderful to see everyones ups and downs as we go through the changes we all do.

Going with a group of cycle friends from a nearby town today for a ride. We ran into them on Friday and we got an email from them on the invite. It should be a nice ride.

Bought me a pair of Pearl bike shorts yesterday!!! They are niceeeeeee, and were on sale.

Lane Jane,

Thanks. You'll see big numbers drop too if you keep following the band rules and moving on your bike.

:ohmy:

J

I like your new ticker

Is it ok if I join the site and create one? I hate to "copy"!!!!!;):ohmy:

You all are such an inspiration! I went out and bought a Specialized road bike, and am going to start training to do the Princess

Promenade- a 30 mile bike ride just for women. I do spin classes regularly and run 3 miles 3 times a week, but something about getting on that bike with traffic all around scares the hell out of me! The race is Oct. 8, so I had better get my butt in gear. Any suggestions from you pros on how to get started?

Tracy

sacramento spinner chick:tt2:

welcome tracymom....

I am so excited for you and I love the specialized bikes as well as there gloves(which I am getting ready to buy)

I actually almost bought a specialized but ended up with my current bike.....LOL.....things can easily change though!!!!:ohmy:

Anyway....allot of people use mirrors on either there bikes or there helmets.....I dont yet...I did on my hybrid....but have not got one yet for the roadie.

I just try and make sure I am not NOT paying attention and stay close to the right side as much as I can. I am still nervous about being in traffic too, so hopefully we can get some other input....

Best of luck........and please join in as much as you can.....

Traci (HP)

Tracymom,

If you get out there and (practice) ride a little bit at a time your confidence will increase.

If you can find a person or two or a group that already rides on the road to give you pointers and take you out, you'll do well. There are also "how to ride on the road" guides out there on the internet. I'd look one up for you, but I don't have time...but google it and you'll find what I'm talking about.

The ride sounds like fun! Having a goal is a good thing to keep you motivated. Awesome.

Hello all, did a huge accomplishment this weekend. I rode to top of Crystal Summit. A HUGE mountain pass and I DID IT!! I cried for like 10 minutes. I could not believe it. That was one of my goals for this year and I did it.

I also put my "creamsicle" on layaway. I love it and can't wait to get it out.

Buffet, maybe you could take a change of clothes????