Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! I have hit a four week plateau. I am dieting. I am eating all my Protein. I walk five days a week. I drink my Water. I could use more sleep and less work stress. And I have stopped losing. I am sad and feeling regret.

I'm there with you! I've been on a four week plateau as well, but I just keep on keeping on. I think (in my case) my body is so in shock it kind of has to settle in to the weight loss. Don't feel sad--rejoice in the positives thus far!

Don't get stressed about it. My 4 weeks is coming up and I'm trying to prepare myself for "the stall". We are going to succeed!

I think many people get upset at stalls because of what used to happen with dieting. At least for me, I would plateau, get discouraged, start eating more, and the weight would start to come back. This is a new paradigm though. Yes, the stalls happen, however, they will be temporary and the weight loss will continue. If for some reason the plateau lingers, you have a dietitian to help you out! I would suggest keeping a food, Fluid, and activity log. If the plateau does not improve within a few weeks you can call the dietitian. Having the log will help him/her work with you to get the weight loss going. Good luck.

I too have been on a 4 week stall. I increased my food and Water and still nothing. I see my surgeon on Tuesday so will see what I'm doing wrong then.

Be Patient and stay in track. Your body is adjusting. I just got off a 4 week stall. Then I dropped 8lbs in less then a week. I was frustrating too but we need to look a the big picture. If u are eating right it will come off. In the meantime, if you r in a stall ur body is prob still losing inches even if u don't see the weight loss at that time????

I'm over a week in to my second "plateau". They're not fun, but are par for the course.

My first one lasted 4 weeks. I hope this one is shorter, but who knows :rolleyes: Just stick to your plan and the scale will move down again.

If you haven't taken any measurements, there's no time like the present. You'll see going forward that you're losing inches even when the scale is stuck.

I think I am on my second stall too. I am actually looking forward to body changes that come with it. But being so close to onederland and not being able to get there is frustrating.

Help! I have hit a four week plateau. I am dieting. I am eating all my Protein. I walk five days a week. I drink my Water. I could use more sleep and less work stress. And I have stopped losing. I am sad and feeling regret.

Every day post-surgery isn't unicorns and rainbows when it comes to weight loss.

You are going to stall over and over again. That's the reality of things. As long as you are being honest with yourself about your intake (and by honest I mean tracking on an app and not guesstimating) and activity, you WILL lose weight. You aren't exempt from the laws of physics.

Stalls can be frustrating. Believe me, I know. Besides all the small stalls, I teetered at 200 lbs for a good six weeks. I followed all the tips. Eat more! Eat less! Exercise more! Stop exercising! Then one glorious morning, I stepped on the scale, saw 198, and my stall was broken. Your stall will break too. As will the next, and the one after that and the one after that and the one after that and ........

Just keep your eyes on the prize and keep going.

You guys are so wonderful. Whenever I have a question, all I have to do is come here and find the answer and the support I need.

I too have been on a plateau for over two weeks. Very frustrating. But, at the same time, I've lost one dress size! The flabby parts seem to be tightening up, so maybe my body's just taking the time to adjust. (It's been my constant companion all my life, but at times this body feels like a complete stranger with a mind of her own.)

So, I've decided to relax about it, wear my "skinny" jeans (skinny for me, that is), and wait for my body to catch up to my mind, which is already wearing a French bikini.

I've been on a stall for almost 5 weeks now . I don't know what I'm doing wrong but this is very frustrating

I've been on a stall for almost 5 weeks now . I don't know what I'm doing wrong but this is very frustrating

as long as you are staying on track, the stall is just your body adjusting. Stay strong???? my last stall was almost 5 weeks and then I dropped 10 lb in about a week when it finally ended. Take ur measurements cause when in a long stall you still are losing inches????????????

I would echo the eat more or eat less comment. Don't go crazy, but sometimes you actually need to eat more. Take a realistic look at your calories and reset your target (up or down as needed). Try it for a week,