Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Helloooooooo anyone there

I'm here, but not sure how this forum talk thing works. I just got banded 2 weeks ago and have had a lot of trouble. I'm here for suggestions and reassurance that I didn't make a mistake.

Hi I am also from Salem NH. I grew up there and now live in Wakefield NH. I had the band "installed" on October 4, 2006. I have lost 58 lbs. I feel great. So much more energy. I can't say enough good things about this procedure. Hope all is well with everyone!! Diana:clap2:

Hi I am also from Salem NH. I grew up there and now live in Wakefield NH. I had the band "installed" on October 4, 2006. I have lost 58 lbs. I feel great. So much more energy. I can't say enough good things about this procedure. Hope all is well with everyone!! Diana:clap2:

Hi Diana,

Welcome..... I am one week closer to my appt with the surgeon. Also hope to have one more coombidity diagnosed before to help strengthen my ins claim. I had a glucose test done last week. I left Salem after 30 yrs about 5 yrs ago but just next door to Atkinson. I lived on Arlington Pond and I am less then 2 miles from there now. Would love to hear your experience with the band, Who did it???

Linda

I find out my surgery date August 22nd, cant help out much with the complications after banding at this point. Best wishes to you though.

HI Goldthimble Dr. Cynthia Pacuilli did my surgery. I have been very fortunate as I have not had any problems. I make sure everything is cut into extremely small bites (it makes you look like you have a whole bunch!) and I make sure I chew slowly. I can't say enough good things about how the band has helped me. I had always been active but my appetite was out of control, I felt a lot like that lady on the commercial with the lion. I have had only one bad experience it was when I didn't chew a piece of bagel good enough and boy did I feel it working it's way down. It did hurt, that was the first and last time that will happen. I was preoccupid and was not thinking. Some people have problems with different foods. I have not (too bad). I can eat anything. Thats what is great about the band You can still have a favorite food but just a lot less of it. I like the fact that it comes off slower because it forces you to evaulate what your contemplating eating and makes you look at the behavorial aspect of it all. I do work out. I think, no I know that it it very important to exercise. It amazes me how many people have had any weight loss surgery and don't exercise. I mean this is the last resort, why wouldn't people try??? You don't have to go crazy plus because we are overweight we are prone to depression and exercise gets you going and makes you feel better. Anyway I know I am rambling. I hope everthing goes well with your appointment. My insurance denied me the first time but gave me a hint and told me to have my PCP call the insurance doctor and plead my case. He did and he got them to change their mind. I was 100lbs. overweight with high cholesteral, I had pancreatis which could cast me my life and I have heart disease in my family. OH BOY!! Great Family Genes. I grew up off of milville st. on irving st. Then my parents moved to teague dr. in north salem. Atkinson is nice. Salem has gotten CRAZY 28 looks like the Las Vegas Strip!! Talk to you later. Wish you the best Diana

Am in the process of having evaluation for band at BIDMC in Boston. Live in Hudson, but have always gone to Boston for medical care, so figured would go there for this as well. Have been very interested in reading these posts and am wondering about support group meetings closer to home in Southern NH. Any ideas? Thanks. Laura :lol:

Hey, another Salem, NH future bander here!

I am on my pre-op weight loss program per Cigna. I am shooting for Feburaryish (is that a word - lol) at the CMC with Dr. Campbell.

Hi I'm from Salem nh too! If you need any advice or need anyone to talk about your future just send me a personal message. It will be nice to know someone in my area going through the same thing as me! Best of luck, Nicole

Hi all,

I finally met with the surgeon and have 7 lbs to lose before she will set the date. Starting tomorrow I will be back to losing, I have been in Canada since last week so when I get back I will do better than this past two weeks. I am also waiting for the insurance and then I will feel closer to feeling like it is really happening. It is such a long process but it is all worth it in the end. The weight did not go on overnight (although sometimes it feels like it did). Maybe we can all meet and talk sometime about our experiences.

Best wishes to all in your adventure.

Linda

Hey Paula, back to school next week.

You have 7 pounds total or 7 pounds left to loose?

Last time I met with Dr. Campbell, I had lost all of my pre-op weight, but because I was so large (440 to start) she wanted me to loose even more! Man, I strugled to loose 30 pounds.

This time around, I know I can do it. Joining the gym was the best thing I did.

In the past I used to go to the Salem Rackett Ball Club, but the monthly fee was like $69.

So when I didnt use it, it really hurt the wallet.

Now Planet Fitness is only $10!

You can loose that last 7 just by eating Special K Cereal for Breakfast and lunch for one week! Walk alot.

Keep fighting. I know what you mean it feels like the weight went on overnight. I scare myself when I look at pics of me 5 or 10 years ago.

Hi Goldthimble and all from NH. I am from Derry, NH and was banded on May 17th of this year at CMC by Dr. Connie Campbell. I had my second fill 2 weeks ago and doing well. Lost about 42 lbs. Kind of restricted on what I can eat now. All breads I am having a difficult time with now.

Planet Fitness is opening in Derry on Sept. 4th and I have joined that. This will make me quit smoking for the final time. Dr. Campbell would kill me if she ever found out! Got out of summer school on August 3rd and started back August 16th. Another school year! How quickly they go.

Good luck to all of you. Lets keep NH folks together. I really should go to more support groups. I think CMC has just started a new one for post op. on the last Wed. of each month. Does anybody know for sure?

They just mentioned it 2 weeks ago at the pre-op meeting, but I dont recall the day or time. Try calling the CMC ASK-A-NURSE at 603.626.2626.

They created that number for things like this :)

Thank you. Just got off the phone with ask-a-nurse and there are monthy meetings at CMC for post-op patients on the last Wed. of each month from 6-7 p.m. Just may check this out to see if I am doing this right!!!

Hello I am in NH also. I was banded Dec. 2006. I am in New Durham NH, Had the surgery in Portsmouth NH by Dr. Looser. Would love to write back and forth with local people too. Please write. better yet email me at Mammysm@aol.com better chance of finding me there . thanks Donna Smith