Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Coffee after Sleeve - 8 days pre op too soon?

I was sleeved on Thursday, Nov 20...so I'm at day 8 post op....I really really really want a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks.... Can I? Have any of you tried to have something similar so soon?

A 12 ounce Starbucks PSL has 300 calories, 38 grams of sugar and 40 grams of carbohydrates. I probably would skip that.

I weaned off caffeine prior to surgery. Switched to Decaf coffee. Immediately postop, however I only drank decaf herbal tea. coffee is very acidic (even decaf) so not a very hospitable thing to immerse your raw, healing incision in. After about a month I tried some decaf coffee but it was very irritating to my sleeve. It was several months before I could tolerate coffee and even a year out if I have more than 2 big cups/day, I can feel it.

I've read about other people starting back on regular coffee like the day after surgery, so who knows. I guess you could give it a shot, keeping in mind that it could impeded healing. And as for a mega Starbucks drink, the calories and sugar alone should be avoided at this point. I used premier Protein vanilla and chocolate and Torani SF syrups to liven up my coffee.

A 12 ounce Starbucks PSL has 300 calories, 38 grams of sugar and 40 grams of carbohydrates. I probably would skip that.

@@Sleeve101 There are pumpkin spice flavoured K-cups (various brands)--delicious, and no guilt! :)

Edited by LeanerLena5426

@@Sleeve101 Well like everyone says its full of sugar and you don't want that. Stevia makes pumpkin spice Drops if you can find them you could make your own version of a spice latte or you could just add them to a vanilla Protein shake!

Thank u guys! Thanks LeanerLena! I hadn't thought of the keurig cups...I'll try to give it another week before I try...

Another question - do u find yourselves wanting to eat a bunch of times? I eat very little, but I feel like I should be eating something 24/7...like I get anxiety about it...is this normal? Will I get past this? It's almost like I feel scared sometimes...

I started back to coffee 2 weeks post uo.im 7 weeks out and have 2 or 3 a day with half n half.only way to go to bathroom!

Someone mentioned mixing vanilla Protein plus international delight pumpkin pie spice sugar free... this may help with your craving :)

post-241015-14172861687368_thumb.jpg

Edited by HawaiianTexan

I was allowed coffee right ater surgery. As long as you dont get acid reflux you should be fine. Coffee is now my drug of choice.