Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rough second fill

Just thought I'd share my experience yesterday and see if maybe this has happened to anyone else. I went for my second fill yesterday. My first fill seemed normal, had no problems at all. Yesterday, for my second, I kept getting sick while they were doing the fill, they had to have me lay down several times because I felt sick and well, I don't know how much my dr ended up putting in, because he doesn't tell his patients how much of a fill they have....but he did say that with me, apparently they will have to take it really slow. So normally he will do a fill every 6 weeks, but I'm supposed to go back Monday for another one. I felt a little sick for a few hours after I left the dr office too. I feel perfectly fine today. I dunno what happened.

Apparently that does happen. Two people in my support group mentioned it happening to them.

I am wondering if the band moving against the stomach is irritating for some?

hlayne,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I just got home from my 2nd fill and everything seems to be okay so far. :) I'm doing liquids for the first 24 and feel good.

Good luck!

And I really think I am feeling restriction now....woohoo....

hlayne, sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Were you nauseas? throwing up? fever? Or, just general ill feeling?

Was it an early morning appt? are you typically tight that time of day? I generally make sure I don't eat 2-3 hours before a fill.

Do you feel restriction? Maybe the doc left you at the same fill level, especially if they're having you go back in on Monday.

Hopefully it was just a fluke, I hope your appt Monday is much more successful. It's odd he won't tell you how much of a fill you're at, it's your body - you have a right to know. I don't get hung up on the numbers, but I like to keep track of my progress.

All the best,

Karla

sorry to hear you had a rough time with second fill...hope you are feeling better today....

I have only had one fill...but I took the advice of everyone on the board that posted....don't eat a big meal the night before the fill and be well hydrated.....I did that and I felt fine....I hope I do as well on the second fill....I am on mushies today...had only liquid yesterday.....and will go back to solids tomorrow....

hlayne, sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Were you nauseas? throwing up? fever? Or, just general ill feeling?

Was it an early morning appt? are you typically tight that time of day? I generally make sure I don't eat 2-3 hours before a fill.

Do you feel restriction? Maybe the doc left you at the same fill level, especially if they're having you go back in on Monday.

Hopefully it was just a fluke, I hope your appt Monday is much more successful. It's odd he won't tell you how much of a fill you're at, it's your body - you have a right to know. I don't get hung up on the numbers, but I like to keep track of my progress.

All the best,

Karla

I was nausious and started having cold sweats, I felt like I was going to throw up but I didn't. My appointment was just when I woke up, I hadn't eaten anything, but the dr made my appt monday for a different time of day so hopefully that'll help. I work at night and sleep in the day and my appt was at 2pm when I usually don't get up until 3 or 4, so Monday I'm going in at 9am before I go to sleep. My doc did say that it was probably just irritating my stomach because I had just woken up so hopefully going in before I go to bed will work. I feel a little more restriction so I think he did add a little. Like you said, I hope it was just a fluke...or because I had just woken up....one of those reasons would be great. :(

I had my second fill yesterday. I have experienced the same thing with gboth fills-woozy & hot. Felt like I was gonna pass out. My blood sugar dropped from having to have so many sticks and not being able to eat for couple hours prior to the fill. My port is tilted so it's hard to align up the needle to the port. Not as bad yesterday.

Wow, I wonder why that happens? Does not seem to be an idea that I can come up with, unless needle sticks in general make you feel that way. That does happen with some folks.

I ate Breakfast, worked out at the gym, got my fill, then went out to lunch, today. All went well.

I have been wondering, and have found out today, that my port is tilted, but the doc had no problem getting the needle in right away!