Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've finally been progressed past the clear liquid phase but I was surprised that I almost had to beg the NUT to allow me to have Protein Shakes. But, at the end of the day, I don't have an extra 20-30 minutes to sit and eat Breakfast. She finally agreed.

I went to GNC to buy a couple of samples, but the only thing they had samples of is their Lean 25 powders. I bought the chocolate one and it's okay, but I don't love it. My NUT suggested Jay Robb, which seems to have good reviews on the GNC website. So, I might just give that a shot (even though they don't have sample packets). The nutrition facts on the Jay Robb are more favorable than the GNC brand.

My main question though, if you use the powder, how do you not end up with chunks? I bought a shaker cup, but it doesn't really seem to be effective for the small portion that I'm making (around 6 oz). Any other tips? Also, I wish the shaker cups had a strainer in the mouth piece, to hold back to chunks. Ick!!

I use a magic bullet blender, because I too hate the clumps! It works great for this application. You can do one cup at a time, drink it, give it a quick wash and it is ready to go next time. (I promise, I have no affiliation with the magic bullet company! Just sharing what works!)

@@Quest4TheNewMe Have you tried the ready-made Premier Protein shakes? They are my FAVORITE! Well the chocolate is anyway. I feel like I should be paid some kind of commission because I'm always recommending them but They truly are my fav! If you haven't tried them Maybe you should? They are cheaper if you buy them from SAMS. Just an option. I haven't tried a ton of different kinds, maybe 6-8 but I didn't care for any of them and they usually have less grams of protein..ect

@@Quest4TheNewMe Have you tried the ready-made Premier Protein shakes? They are my FAVORITE! Well the chocolate is anyway. I feel like I should be paid some kind of commission because I'm always recommending them but They truly are my fav! If you haven't tried them Maybe you should? They are cheaper if you buy them from SAMS. Just an option. I haven't tried a ton of different kinds, maybe 6-8 but I didn't care for any of them and they usually have less grams of protein..ect

I have not tried them. I'm kind of hoping to find a powder so I can change up the flavors more easily (add PB2, maybe some sf flavorings, etc). I'll definitely keep those in mind though!

I pour a Premier Protein pre- made shake into a Blender Bottle and add a scoop of GNC whey powder. Add crushed ice and shake and I never have any clumps. 50 grams of Protein (I only drink half of it in the morning, about 6 oz, and the other half in the afternoon). And you can definitely add PB2 and other flavors to the premier Protein shakes...just pour them in a Blender Bottle and mix.

I don't like blending my shakes in a magic bullet or blender because it makes them frothy, which I hate.

You can get single serving samples of dozens of different powders on Nashua Nutrition. Just search for samples on their website. You can get a sampler kit from Un jury, too. I like a lot of the Muscle Milk, Syntrax Nectar and Syntrax Matrix powders. I lived on Un jury unflavored for the first several months (added it to everything). I also like Premier chocolate and strawberry RTD. I used to use the Premier vanilla as Creamer in my coffee. (Now I'm back with regular 1/2 and 1/2). As for the clumps, just add more liquid. Make one larger shake and split it up though the day. I've always doubled whatever liquid they say to mix with the scoop otherwise they are too thick and sweet for me. I even dilute the RTD 1/2 and 1/2 with milk.

Edited by Kindle

I don't like blending my shakes in a magic bullet or blender because it makes them frothy, which I hate.

I don't like the froth either. I normally throw it in the fridge for 10 minutes after blending to let it dissipate before drinking, or pour it over ice, which also helps kill the froth.

I use Syntrax nectar & unjury Protein powders. I like both of them. If you have a The Vitamin Shoppe in your area I recommend going over there. They sell the Syntrax Nectar in individual serving bags & have several flavors. The Unjury Protein I get online. I also use the Premier shakes in chocolate & strawberry. Just tried the berry flavor & hated it.

I use a Ninja to mix my powder shakes & I haven't had any issues with clumping. I had a NutriBullet but it leaked so I got rid of it & bought the Ninja.

I can't believe your NUT wouldn't let you drink Protein Shakes. I've been on them since the first week. Protein is so important. Good luck with your journey. I'm so happy I had this sleeve surgery. It's not easy but just keep plugging away at it.

I can't believe your NUT wouldn't let you drink Protein Shakes. I've been on them since the first week. Protein is so important. Good luck with your journey. I'm so happy I had this sleeve surgery. It's not easy but just keep plugging away at it.

Yeah, what's up with that? I'm 11 months out and have had a Protein Shake everyday since the first week. I couldn't get in all my protein (70-80g) without it

Yeah, what's up with that? I'm 11 months out and have had a Protein Shake everyday since the first week. I couldn't get in all my Protein (70-80g) without it

I know, right?? I was really surprised, but she said it goes against their "rule" of all beverages being 10 calories or less... She said to just be aware of the calories in it (FIRST time she has ever mentioned calories as a consideration). She said that as long as I keep it around 150 calories she's okay with it.

Do you know of any Protein Drinks that are milk free? I have milk allergies.

Do you know of any Protein drinks that are milk free? I have milk allergies.

you may have a hard time finding RTD shakes, but there are a ton of non-whey/milk protein powders out there. Just google soy protein, egg protein, hemp protein, vegan protein, etc. I've used Garden of Life Raw Fit and Raw Protein (sprouted seed protein), Jay Robb (egg protein), and Spirutein (soy and pea protein).

Have you heard of GENEPRO unflavored Protein Powder? I was drinking the Premier Protein shakes but I got to where I just couldn't stand to take one more drink of them. I read about Genepro on here in another thread, and they were raving about how great it is, so I decided to give it a try. I love it! One scoop is only about a tablespoon, and it has 30g Protein and only 98 calories. I use it in my morning Decaf coffee with sweetener and sugar free creamer, and I use it throughout the day in my sugar free beverages.< /p>

@@Diamond-Girl No, I've never looked for any milk free types but I bet you could google it!