Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@Quest4TheNewMe Thank you! I mean, who knew there was such a thing? Not me -- :) thanks again

I think it's pretty new, like within the last year. If my 3 yr old wasn't addicted to Peanut Butter, which puts me in that aisle frequently, I probably wouldn't have seen it either.

Also, related pre-op newbie question -- I've had lactose intolerance forever -- Lactaid milk is fine, yogurt is fine. I purchased some of the Premier Protein drinks and realized they say they have milk Protein -- is that the same as lactose? Are they safe to drink for those of us who are lactose intolerant? Thx!

Lactose is the milk sugar. If it's an intolerance and not an allergy you may be fine. I would only buy a small amount and test it out first to make sure.

I think it's pretty new, like within the last year. If my 3 yr old wasn't addicted to Peanut Butter, which puts me in that aisle frequently, I probably wouldn't have seen it either.

It's been around for a few years.

It's been around for a few years.

Maybe it's only been "mainstream" for like a year? I learned something new today! :)

Probably just one of those things where unless you were looking for it, you never knew it existed.

I know things are different for men than women but I got a list of HIGH Protein foods and I have incorporated them into my diet. I have no problems getting 70-80 grams of Protein in 3 meals plus I have 2 Protein shakes for a snack in the afternoon and one at night.....so my protein intake is about 100-110 grams per day.

I know things are different for men than women but I got a list of HIGH Protein foods and I have incorporated them into my diet. I have no problems getting 70-80 grams of Protein in 3 meals plus I have 2 protein shakes for a snack in the afternoon and one at night.....so my protein intake is about 100-110 grams per day.

I can't remember (and don't know how to look on the app), but how far post op are you?

I'm hoping to make some progress in the protein department this coming week.

I know, right?? I was really surprised, but she said it goes against their "rule" of all beverages being 10 calories or less... She said to just be aware of the calories in it (FIRST time she has ever mentioned calories as a consideration). She said that as long as I keep it around 150 calories she's okay with it.

I'm wondering if there is a misunderstanding. My NUT said that, *other than Protein shakes*, the liquids needed to be 5 calories a cup or less. For example Ocean Spray Diet drinks, crystal lite. Other than that, calories are never mentioned.

Everyone's tastes are different. Personally I like my shakes like I like my women, thick.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! This has made my Monday.

I'm wondering if there is a misunderstanding. My NUT said that, *other than Protein shakes*, the liquids needed to be 5 calories a cup or less. For example Ocean Spray Diet drinks, crystal lite. Other than that, calories are never mentioned.

Nope. She even gave me a print out. She said that my #1 goal is Water, #2 goal is Vitamins, #3 goal is puréed food. She has yet to give me a Protein goal.

I had also asked about possibly doing some of the clear Protein Drinks when I was still in the liquid stage (at one week post-op) and she said that Protein shakes aren't necessary or recommended.

I haven't had chunks with the Isopure powder, it mixes really well just by putting it in a Water right container and shaking. It's reasonably tasty, and scored better then cheaper brands on Protein absorption and no heavy metal contamination. Drinking so much, I was worried about both.

@@della street

Lactose is milk sugar.. gives some people the runs.. Lactose intolerant, more common (apparently) after WLS (and as you get older)... Lactaid, Lactase supplements usually help. whey Protein isolate is a yummy source of Protein for these people... because almost all of the sugar is typically removed anyway.

whey is milk protein... gives some people hives, closes their airway... ALLERGIC to milk, don't try it in anything - not even baked in a cake. So whey protein isolate would be completely off limits to these people.

Edited by scstxrn

i use PURE Protein powder and i haven't had a problem with clumping. i make my drinks in 4 oz servings with 2 cubes of ice, 4 oz of lactaid and 1/2 scoop (about 12g protein) PURE Protein Powder.

today i upped my shake amounts and by 12 pm i already have 30g of Protein in for the day.

again, i don't have a problem with PURE PROTEIN clumping on me, and i use the shaker bottle. i also have a ninja, but will save that for blending my soft foods.