Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spaghetti Squash?

I keep seeing stuff about spaghetti squash. Can you buy this already made or do you buy squash and cut it up yourself?

Cut it in half (it's called spaghetti squash) and use a fork to scrape out the "spaghetti" after you bake it, cut side down on a cookie sheet at 350 for 30-45 mins or until a fork will go all the way through it. It's yummy!

Edited by bobbyswife

I've never seen it already made. But if you buy the squash and put it in the microwave then use a fork to shred it to make the "spaghetti"

It is good stuff. A nice substitution for pasta! It is available at any grocery store or farmer's market around here. (AZ)

I keep seeing stuff about spaghetti squash. Can you buy this already made or do you buy squash and cut it up yourself?

Spaghetti Squash is delicious and low cal and can be quite filling. It'a really easy to prepare. I cut mine in half load it with cheese shreds and tomatoes then place it on a baking sheet or shallow pan and make an aluminum foil tent and bake it for 30 - 45 min.

Here's a recipe from one of my favorite bloggers.

It is lovely-cooked in microwave for 6 mins then use a fork to shred it into spaghetti

I will eat it with home made chili or spaghetti sauce-non fat cheese

It is also delicious sauteed in a little butter with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top as a side dish. I also use it as a rice replacement if I make stir fry.

I put knife holes in mine to let it steam then put it in the microwave for 6-8 minutes, then rotate it and cook for 4-5 more. Then I cut it lengthways. Scoop the seed and mush out. Shred the spaghetti out with a fork and put in with alfredo sauce. Delicious. Hubby likes it too. We tried making a spaghetti sauce for it, but didn't really care for it. There's lots of receives on the internet for it.

@@Inner Surfer Girl that recipe looks delish! I bet it would be great if you replaced the parsley with basil, too!

So many good suggestions in this thread. I'm going to start a plant based recipe thread in the vegetarian/vegan forum. I'll link back to it on this post once I set it up. Even if you aren't veg, it doesn't hurt to do a meatless day once a week.