Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

UNITED HEALTHCARE PPO

@@taweedeegirl I am still waiting for a final answer from insurance. My second level appeal was submitted in August. If I am still denied then the final step is a third level appeal. It's been a very long process. I hope it works out.

I have UHC in NC and am wondering how you guys found out you ere approved? I'm trying to have my surgery in 2015 since I've already paid so much out of pocket. I have done my 6 months of supervised diet and have met with all the doctors. My surgeon's office submitted all my paperwork last Monday and told me to give them 30 days. They said that I could call insurance and if they told me it had been approved to give them a call and they would schedule my surgery. However, when I all UHC they tell me they can not tell me if it has been approved or not and that is only something the surgeons office can inquire about?! I didn't know if your surgeons office was just on the ball and called you as soon as they found out or if UHC sent you a letter or what? This is very frustrating! I feel like Im cutting it way to close if I have to wait another 3 weeks and then schedule surgery. Especially since I have to let my employer know 4 weeks ahead of time.

@@mrsdean contact the bariatric coordinator and then if they cant tell you contact the prior authorization line they should know

As mentioned above, with UHC it is required that you get prior approval through the bariatric coordinator before getting the show on the road, or it will be denied, and you have to start back at square one. I heard back in 2 days after the bariatric hospital submitted it to UHC for approval.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches