Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This pre-op diet may be the toughest thing I've ever done. 5 more days til surgery.

My date is December 15th as well! I am excited and also a bit nervous as I have never had a surgury like this before , only a colonoscopy, so I am a bit nervous.

I am into my second week of Phase II diet and was wondering if anyone has ground / blended/pureed just green veggies and added some broth? I was told I was a little anemic at my eye exam so that's what I did for dinner. I ate 4oz slowly, and sipped 4oz of skim milk with Protein Powder over a two hour period...was this ok?

I'll be getting the sleeve December 15th also. I had the band last September, but have had issues with it so it's coming out. I lost 30 pounds with it, but gained 10 back due to only being able to eat things like Nacho's and Pasta. Healthy food came back up. Very frustrated. Can't wait to get back to healthy eating. I really miss salads.

I found a Protein Drink that tastes like chocolate cake batter. It's an EAS powder. I bought it at Walmart and it had 25 grams per serving.

I'm December 16th too. Today was 6 days of prediet liquids only. Today was hungrier then I've been but stuck to my plan. Can't wait for 16th.

Chic80 I agree I've still been cooking but think it's making it a bit harder. May need to try letting hubby get his own he keeps asking. I keep thinking it's not a problem. But today I was hungry and I don't want to go wrong.

My diet is 2 shakes a day and a Protein meat and veggie at dinner. I'm so thankful for that. Because I'm starved by then! I cook for my family and that's my only downfall.

It's starting to feel real now. Pre op diet starts in the morning.

So nervous! My pre op diet has begun 6 mins ago and I was not prepared mentally. Hahaha I know I know six mins. I didn't take the last hour before finishing my soda which I will have trouble giving up but I will. I am sad. Hoping to get through this week very fast. How fast did it go by for others I wonder? Was it quick the final week or slow as can be?

Hey 12/15ers....one week.. I can't believe it, I am so nervous/excited! I am really on a roller coaster ....I want to thank all of you that have posted, it makes me realize that I am not alone, and that my feelings are justified! My family doesn't quite understand my ups and downs, so I keep them to myself. Have a great week!

December 15th! Almost there. Going to give it 100% on my preop diet(cheated a little last week) and my goal is to exercise daily. This preop stuff is difficult. Post op is going to be difficult as well. Hang in there guys! Soon you will be bagging up your fat clothes FOREVER!

Howdy,

I have caught a cold! It hit like a truck Saturday night and I am home from work with it today! Now what? Any suggestions? I so don't want to put off my surgery.......

I also realized I have been doing WEAK Protein shakes! I invested in CASES of Low sugar carnation instant Breakfast and mis read - I thought I was getting 13 grams Protein per packet - NO it is only 5 grams THEN you add the milk to get 13. I am so disappointed. I started doubling the packets up but now the calories are higher than I want. I need better protein FAST. I did order an unjury sample pack but it hasn't shown up yet.

December 15 is next week.....I so hope this is a 3 day or less cold!