Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My band was unfilled February 2014. I started getting fills in May 2014. My weight has slowly creeped up since my unfill. I'm at 7cc with a 10 cc band . My band slipped at 7cc and that's why I needed an unfill . Last month when I went to 7cc , I was able to fill some restriction . My ability to eat more was limited . However, my weight did not change from my last visit . The doctor did not give me another fill, which was a bit disappointing to me. I was banded 2/29/2012. Started at 262 lbs now I'm 217 lbs .......lowest weight was 173 lbs before my unfill. At the lowest weight I was a loose size 12 leaning towards a size 10 . Now I'm a semi-tight size 12 and mid loose size 14 ( not plus size ). I'm going insane but trying to stay positive. I have been guilty of eating sliders especially at office functions. Just feeling a little hopeless from yesterday's visit ????????????

I'm glad that your slipped band resolved itself and you are now back to being able to feel restriction. I'm seeing similar posts that echo what I've experienced with the unfill - refill process; once you've had to have unfill, it seems to be more difficult to find that optimal fill experience, even when refilled back to your original level. I wonder why this is?

I am having great difficulty finding my footing after being unfilled and re-filled. While I'm not refilled back to my original level, I'm leery of refilling to my original level because I had issues at that level (esophegal spasms--very painful, like a heart attack.) But my current fill level isn't doing it for me and I have to rely on immense amounts of willpower just to maintain the weight I lost. I've been maintaining this weight for a year, with no gain but no loss. It is frustrating because before I unfilled, my band did so much more work in dimming my cravings and controlling my portions. Now I'm feeling just like a dieter, almost...Well, not quite. I still don't eat certain foods, but only because I say no to them with great difficulty.

Hi ladies, I feel your pain and frustration. I have been and I am where you are. I had to have my band unfilled for a pouch dilatation which gratefully resolved quickly in a months time. I had about 3 weeks of liquids and then back to soft and solid foods and it was about that time that eating put a few pounds back on the scale. I'm still hitting the gym and trying to stay active but I know I am hungry more often than not and working out seems to increase that hunger.

I am able to eat foods that I had no desire for before the unfill, and I am not back at the previous fill level. I also was at 7.1cc in a 10cc band so I am thinking that might be a tad too much. I was great with that fill level for about 4 weeks but then was rear ended in a car accident and given medication and then got sick and given antibiotics and I believe all of that cause some stomach discomfort which caused the stoma to swell and become even tighter. I'm glad they did the unfill and didn't compromise my stomach or the band.

In the midst of this my surgeon retired, so I'm off to see a new Dr. going in for an endoscope this Thursday and then an adjustment. I am hoping that will put me back on the path again. It's too easy to eat the foods we know we shouldn't because we can. I mean hello pizza Hut! never would even think to eat that 3 months ago. Today no issue I can have 3 slices of stuffed crust! What the heck?! Yeah knowing I "shouldn't" and knowing I can....and I want it...well that's a battle of wills.

So once again I am on a liquid diet and going into the "nasty" bit of prep tomorrow night for colonoscopy scheduled at the same time as the endo Thursday. I'm sure all of that will result in a bit of weight loss and pizza detox!!!

@@tonifrdabronx I don't think you need another fill, and I don't think you should risk another fill. I think what's going on for you is that your fear is steering you toward the high calorie slider foods. I know that feeling too well, you've probably had pain and pressure and gerd during the time of your band slip and now your worried about it happening again so your eating the easy to eat foods that are slowly creeping the weight back onto you.

We are the same height and right now at pretty close to the same weight. I'm in with you my friend, lets focus on the reboot and get back to basics with me if you will...I feel like I'm hitting the reset button this week. Detoxing, readjusting and ready to make strides to bring my numbers down.

How about you ladies? Lets do this!

Omg you hit the nail right on the head . I was almost at tears when I read your post. I scared of the band slipping , and it's affecting my overall health and ability to lose weight. Slider foods are not safe only fattening. I will hang in there cause I came to far to go back.

I just found out my band was at 5 cc not 7 cc as the doctor stated. For the last two months my weight has stayed the same - no gains or losses . I really thought I was at 7cc so I was concerned about not feeling any restriction. I decided to to chuck up 2014 as a battle loss , and will gear up for a better 2015. #downbutnotout

How about 2014 the start of your new life and 2015 THE New Life?

Edited by MarieMarie

Well I banded in 2012 ........lost most of my weight in 2013. Then my band slipped and was unfilled in February 2014. I did gain weight but I'm still able to fit in my post weight lost clothing ( no more plus size) . The remainder of the year has been rough. Now I'm just at a stand still . I thought I was at 7 cc but my doctor realized yesterday by band was only at 5 cc. I knew something wasn't right , and this makes sense now. So I'm looking forward to 2015 to see where this goes. It's like starting over .....but I'm thankful for being where I'm at now.

In July 2014 I had my band completely unfilled due to pouch dilation. By September I was able to begin refilling. During those six weeks I gained 18 pounds back, not because I was eating unhealthy foods, I think I was finally feeding my body after a couple of months of pain and unable to eat or drink well. My dr immediately filled by band to 3cc's, I did not feel any restriction. Two weeks later we went to 4cc's, no restriction but I could tell the band was there again. My last visit, in October I asked him to take me back to 4.7 where I felt was my green zone, prior to the issues. I have lost the 18 pounds, have full restriction and think I should maybe have .2cc's removed because there are some days where I experience discomfort and don't want to get caught with a dilated pouch again. I want to enjoy the holidays. We have to remember its a life journey and we need to be healthy while losing weight. I have to remind myself small bites, chew well and put the fork down.

Please reach out if you are looking for support, it's hard when people don't get what you are going through.

Happy holidays! B.

Edited by TheBet1969

Sliders are foods you can eat without getting stuck.....like cake , chocolate etc.....the bad stuff

How long did it take everyone for their band to get back to normal from a slip? My doc the wants to do a revision to fix a possible slip, he doesn't believe on band healing and fixing itself :(