Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two weeks today post op! Feeling so much better! liquids for another week. Just wondering for the future, if I was a sweet craver before surgery, will that change? I hope so because I ate way too much sugar and that was a lot of my problem! So far sweets don't sound appealing at all!

Hi, I'm 1 wk post op now. Like you I have such a sweet tooth. I have been having serious hunger pangs and cravings for days. I had hoped they would stop post op. Contemplating having a little chocolate today....

I too had a sweet tooth, I loved to bake. I don't bake too much anymore because if it were to be in my house I would crave it! Grocery shopping is a chore too and sometimes I wish I could just buy something sweet. I am 12 weeks post op and have not had one bite of anything sweet, not because I didn't want it but because I know if I am going to succeed I cannot have it!

I was a major sweet addict before surgery! Now I can have a few bites any more than that and I feel sick! I am so thankful for this because I never was a huge eater I just ate way to many sweets exspecially chocolate And ice cream! I am 3 months out had the sleeve on August 19, 2014! Everyone is different some can still eat it! I'm thankful I can't!

Well, I don't know how to tell you this guys, but I really never had a sweet tooth, however, now almost 7 months post-op I crave sweets ALL the time. :( Not sure if it's that I didn't have any sweets at all for about 5 months but I crave sweets and chocolate all the time now, I try not to have it but every night at around 8pm I crave and crave, so usually I just take a teaspoonful of Peanut Butter. Good Luck.

My cravings for sweets when away the week after surgery. I rarely feel the need to eat sweets. But I do get a craving for bananas and apples, but only if I walk by and see them. It seems as long as I don't see the temptation, I don't get a craving. I can only remember walking by a bowl of bananas at my mon's house (about 4 months post-op) and suddenly had a craving flung on me. I HAD TO HAVE A BANANA! Up until that, I hadn't even thought about bananas. So I don't keep any temptations in the house.

When I'm feeling tired and weak, (and sometimes after a high protein/low carb meal) my brain starts coaxing me to eat carbs - because it knows I get a temporary energy boost from sugar. But I can satisfy that feeling with good carbs, like Beans, lentils, squash. You might carefully examine that craving next time it happens - note your energy level or mood and try to figure out if you're really craving a certain flavor or just carbs in general.

Well, I don't know how to tell you this guys, but I really never had a sweet tooth, however, now almost 7 months post-op I crave sweets ALL the time. :( Not sure if it's that I didn't have any sweets at all for about 5 months but I crave sweets and chocolate all the time now, I try not to have it but every night at around 8pm I crave and crave, so usually I just take a teaspoonful of Peanut Butter. Good Luck.

ate way much sugar

@@mimisturn

glad things are going well :)

"some" peoples taste buds, cravings disappear PO

maybe your chocolate "situation" will lessen or disappear :huh:

that would be great!!!

I can see in your pretty eyes that your determination will go a long way :)

good luck

@@Thinkingthinner1109

good for you on not giving into the green eyed sweet monster!! B)

@@greeneyedbabe454

I envy you that you can't tolerate sweets/chocolate

wish i had that problem <_<

@@Comeflywithme

substituting a "teeny" bit of Peanut Butter - you've learned how to deal with your prob - good for you

67 lbs down

woo hoo

@@April4

one week out, thats great

thinking/dreaming about candy is allowed :)

no calories or carbs ;)

way toooo early to have any candy

in the future little bit here and there will be ok :)

@@joatsaint

158 lbs down :o

as far as the bananas

GET OVER IT :lol:

BTW - I am starting a movement against any and all sugar!!!!

meetings will be held at my house first tuesday of the month

drinks and food served :D

Water and yogurt of course ;)

continued good luck to all :)

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

I have sweet tooth as well,tomorrow will be 3 weeks post surgery and I had a big craving today, I ate the top of a chocolate donut and my stomach startrd to hurt for all the sugar, ut was not even the whole thing its was like the size of a dime

Thank God that happened so finally I quit my sweets

Attention proudgrammy!! Please put on your hard hat and clear out below. I'm coming down off the cross. I was informed that they needed the wood for other uses. :lol:

@@joatsaint

158 lbs down :o

as far as the bananas

GET OVER IT :lol:

I'm allowed to have a 1/2 banana if I want. What's wrong with that?

I had to be physically broken of my sugar addiction. I was CRABBY for a good week. I still want sweets, but that is in my head. And for the most part I can satiate it with yogurt or fruit or a lighter version of something I used to eat. But every once in awhile, the old me comes out and demands I eat chocolate. So I have a little chocolate. But only a little. Not all the chocolates evar. LOL.

Some people dump from sweets. I do not. The game is always mental with me. Ultimately it is up to me at almost 7 months out to say no to the sugary stuff.

I'm mostly okay. The first few weeks I didn't crave sweets because all those Protein drink are kinda on the sweet side. That's when I started getting creative with Soup. I needed something savory.

Now my sweet tooth is mostly satisfied with fruit. I had one mini Reese's Peanut Butter cup a few weeks ago and that satisfied me. I've been down this road before though. When I am eating correctly my craving for sweets decreases and I can exercise restraint. The minute I go off the correct path I end up overdoing it. Since my tummy no longer has the real estate for overdoing it, I'm hoping to stay on the right course.