Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling like poo

So surgery was on 11/12 and still not feeling like myself. I've already been back to the ER for dehydration. Really feeling like I made the wrong choice. I never knew how much pain I could feel or would be in. I'm finally able to get in my drinks. But need help with getting my Protein in. I've Tried Ispoure n it's not very good. Any suggestions or tips would be helpful.

I was given the instructions to worry mostly about preventing dehydration during the first couple of weeks and have worked at it daily. I did not care for the Isopure either and have stuck to powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury. I just had surgery on the 5th and what works for me is jotting down every ounce I drink. Surprisingly I drink less than it thought I did, the numbers don't lie. I add different flavors to Water mostly crystal light and Propel, I even mixed a little bit of gatorade for a few days but that did not work out very well either. I am feeling pretty good and have not experienced any real pain. Took pain medication for the first 5 days and have not needed it since.

I hope you feel better soon.

I, too, needed IV fluids for dehydration 3 times after surgery. I had severe diarrhea from a clostridial infection and just couldn't keep up with the Fluid loss. And it was 3 months before I felt normal. But I still wouldn't trade my sleeve for anything! Give yourself some time. You just had major surgery and you need to heal.....you shouldn't expect to feel Ok after just a couple weeks.

As for Protein, I added unflavored Protein powder to every Soup broth and creamed Soup I could find. Butternut squash, lobster bisque and hot and sour soup base were my favorites. Protein drinks I liked were Premier chocolate and strawberry, Muscle Milk (banana cream, cake batter and red velvet cake), Syntrax nectar ( lemonade, cherry, peach, and Apple) Syntrax Matrix vanilla, Garden of Life Raw Protein (vanilla, chocolate and chai), and Spirutein banana. I had to dilute all of them with either Water or milk because everything tasted too sweet to me. (That's why I liked the soup/protein powder options). I also used Mio and Dasani flavor drops, Torani syrups, PB2 and pureed fruit to add more variety to the Protein shakes.

I did not like the Isopure or jay rob drinks I tried.

It will get better....I Promise!

Edited by Kindle

@@txgirl82 Are you on Clear Liquids? I drank/drink the Premier Protein ready-made shakes. I use to like them all but after surgery 11/4 I only like the chocolate. I can drink 2 a day now. In the first few days I was only allowed the Isopure clears and I drank coconut Water for the hydration.

Edited by Elode

Protein drinks are hit and miss. I tried a bunch before I went in for surgery CVS whey powder was okay. Prosource liquid Protein was a good neutral one to mix with Soups and tea. My favorite is Orgain organic premade. I was discharged on full liquids so I also did greek yogurt and Kefir drinks to mix it up.

Hang in there! Post op sucks but it gets better every day. Keep working on your fluids and keep walking and soon this will be a distant memory. Hugs to you and I hope you feel better soon!

I'm supposed to be on clear/full liquids. I've been wanting drinking crystal light, propel Water, water down apple and cranberry juice. Can't stomach the Ispoure it makes me nausted.

@@txgirl82 Nope I just drink it as is. I don't know why but it's easier for me to drink than water! I drink my Water but it takes 4-EVER!!!

Ok thanks @@Elode the nurses said I should thin it out. I've just been focused in staying hydrated. Did you take meds before surgery? I haven't been able to crush them so I quit taking them. Not sure if I should have quit my meds. But I can't keep getting sick.

Ok thanks @@Elode the nurses said I should thin it out. I've just been focused in staying hydrated. Did you take meds before surgery? I haven't been able to crush them so I quit taking them. Not sure if I should have quit my meds. But I can't keep getting sick.

Take your *meds! Not all doctor's prescribe them but the folks who complain of being tired often aren't taking them. I think it helps with the energy level. Pick up a pill crusher at the local drug store.

* I am referring to Vitamins and supplements that some programs prescribe. Any prescription medications should be cleared by your surgical team. They will advise what you can or cannot take.

Edited by Blerdgirl

@@txgirl82 No I didn't take any meds before surgery. Are you talking about actually Dr prescribed medications or your Vitamins? If you are taking Dr prescribed meds then NO dont stop taking medications unless your told to do so. I don't know what kind of medications your taking but some can be made into a liquid by the pharmacist you will Have to discuss that with your DR and see if you have a different option. Some medications can NOT be crushed and then taken. Now, if your talking about vitamins yes I take chewable vitamins and Biotin. I don't have any swallowing issues.

I, too, needed IV fluids for dehydration 3 times after surgery. I had severe diarrhea from a clostridial infection and just couldn't keep up with the Fluid loss. And it was 3 months before I felt normal. But I still wouldn't trade my sleeve for anything! Give yourself some time. You just had major surgery and you need to heal.....you shouldn't expect to feel Ok after just a couple weeks.

As for Protein, I added unflavored Protein powder to every Soup broth and creamed Soup I could find. Butternut squash, lobster bisque and hot and sour soup base were my favorites. Protein drinks I liked were Premier chocolate and strawberry, Muscle Milk (banana cream, cake batter and red velvet cake), Syntrax nectar ( lemonade, cherry, peach, and Apple) Syntrax Matrix vanilla, Garden of Life Raw Protein (vanilla, chocolate and chai), and Spirutein banana. I had to dilute all of them with either Water or milk because everything tasted too sweet to me. (That's why I liked the soup/protein powder options). I also used Mio and Dasani flavor drops, Torani syrups, PB2 and pureed fruit to add more variety to the Protein shakes.

I did not like the Isopure or jay rob drinks I tried.

It will get better....I Promise!

Where did you get your muscle milk from? That's what I drink, too, but only have found the basic chocolate and vanilla flavors from the convenience store so far. Haven't seen any type of muscle milk in my local grocery store.

I live in the boonies, so I order everything online. You can get muscle Milk directly from the company online store https://estore.cytosport.com/brand/muscle-milk-r . Other places I've order my supplements from are Amazon, Nashua Nutrition and the Vitamin Shoppe. Free shipping on some of those.

Edited by Kindle