Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I am bringing makeup :0) and curling Iron - but that's about it..

Linda - they (wagsaga beach) had forecast for rain today and tomorrow - if I remember correctly - will check this weekend to see the weather forecast - but it was only 75 for day !!! Didn't see what it dips down to at night - I think if I need a sweater I will just get it there cuz I really only have my leather jacket and I sure in the heck am not packing that when its 114 here in the desert

Phyl - how long will you have to be in the hospital??? You are taking your laptop right !!! I need Earl's cell # so I can call and get a report so I can post it on your threads...

Well gotta go to the gym - cbl

Phyl, Karla, Steph, Kari (?) Hope the nasty black clouds are lifting this week. Life is short enough as it is--it's nice to be able to enjoy things from time to time.

Dentist was OK. He used the good drugs, so it wasn't an awful experience. Couldn't do the implant right away, so I will be toothless for a couple of months. :wub:

Sure am getting excited about next week! Kari--please tell us that you finally got your passport! Like Janet, I'm only bringing shorts, capris, tee shirts, flip-flops, and a bathing suit (imagine that!). Nothing dressy and not even make-up other than sunscreen and tinted moistureizer. If I need more than that I'll just have to shopping and buy it!

Well, you have us intrigued again about what happened today! Always keeping us in suspense!

:)

Glad your dentist gave you good drugs!

Sun did come out today and it got up to about 75 I think. DD went in her pool. I'm sorry! It was not THAT hot!! And the pool Water is COLD.... like in the 70's!

Don't forget your jammies!

Candice, you said we were probably going out to eat one night? How dressy do we need to be for that? We're flying Jet Blue.... one bag free, 2nd one is NOT, so I'm packing light... one small bag and probably my rolling backpack.

7_6_6v.gif

I am bringing makeup :0) and curling Iron - but that's about it..

Linda - they (wagsaga beach) had forecast for rain today and tomorrow - if I remember correctly - will check this weekend to see the weather forecast - but it was only 75 for day !!! Didn't see what it dips down to at night - I think if I need a sweater I will just get it there cuz I really only have my leather jacket and I sure in the heck am not packing that when its 114 here in the desert

Phyl - how long will you have to be in the hospital??? You are taking your laptop right !!! I need Earl's cell # so I can call and get a report so I can post it on your threads...Well gotta go to the gym - cbl

I don't need curling iron... short & straight... just a little hair gel. Mad because I can't get a hair appt in Buffalo when I get there. I LOVE my sister's beautician and can't find one here that I like so I'm overdue for haircut/highlights and was counting on doing that after I get to Buffalo and before Canada. Packing as light as I possibly can. Probably have to bring CPAP so Tracy can sleep.

Yeah... we have to shop in Canada. I love sweatshirts, shirts, mugs that say something on them... like "WASAGA BEACH"! So maybe I won't bring my "ALASKA" sweatshirt so I'll have an excuse to buy a "CANADA" one! OR... maybe "ELVIS"!!

5_5_137.gif

Will give you Earl's cell # in Canada. You're assuming he turns it on!! LOL

I'll probably have laptop, or at least Blackberry, at the hospital. I will probably be there a few days. Then they said one month at home PT and one month outpatient PT. But I'm going to work hard and hope to get released sooner than that. The rain usually sets in here in Oct and

I HATE when that happens!!

16_4_48.gif 4_2_1.gif 28_2_8v.gif 4_2_1.gif 16_4_48.gif

P.S. I am 4th on waiting list to get surgery moved up if there are any cancellations.

Edited by phyllser

Phyl, they can't charge you for your cpap machine on the airplane, you are allowed to have a 2nd carry-on without charge.

Linda, I was suppose to have an empty house this year, but my DD#4 who is 23 couldn't get into the ultrasound program she wanted because they are full until 2011, so it will be her and I. She will be taking classes, but most of them will be online. DD#5 will be living in the dorms.

dinner was chicken, veggies, and watermelon. My head still says it is hungry.

I'm going to Lincoln tomorrow to help Steph get ready for her big garage sale at her moms. Bringing her some Protein Powder, she didn't bring any and now she can't get anything down. I will do her a forhead slap for not getting an unfill.

I'm going to Lincoln tomorrow to help Steph get ready for her big garage sale at her moms. Bringing her some Protein powder, she didn't bring any and now she can't get anything down. I will do her a forhead slap for not getting an unfill.

Tattle tale!!!!

Honestly don't panic. A little hot tea or coffee and everything opens up again. I'll be fine! Just forgot a bag sitting on the counter. So for now I'm doing yogurt smoothies. More cals that way because I need more of them to get my protein in. With the powder I don't need to ALWAYS be drinking a freeking smoothie.< /span>

Busy day. Filthy dirty crap! But it was fun too. We will pick up balloons tomorrow to put on signs, the big yellow circus tent is up. The snowmobile trailer is filling and then we got a 25 foot trailer to fill. Hopefully will get another one tomorrow. 4 plywood tables, 2 banquet tables. 4 display shelves that we need to clean off so that we can move them out and fill them back up again.

My aunt donated her 100+ collection of antique Jim Beam bottles to the cause. I guess if the right person comes along they could be worth something, but I think we won't sell a lot of then. They are very cool though.

We have a couple of desks, a couple of big dressers, tools, a lot of crap. It's amazing to me how one family, two people. can collect so much crap. Holy cats! My parents were the Walmart of junk! Karla is going to be extremely amazed at the amount of stuff we have. It's obscene!

Okay...it was a long day of dragging stuff out and going through it....so I'm going to call it a night.

Just wanted to pop in so you all don't think I've forgotten about you or that anything is wrong. Busy busy when I'm at mom's. I'll give you guys a running total as the days progress :)

Oh....the bakesale next weekend. I was expecting a lot of people...but I heard today they were expecting 100 campers across the street from my house. That is 100 vehicles...each with 3-5 people in it. That doesn't include the campgrounds around town or the motels. I don't think I'll have enough baked goods to go around :) Oh...but thinking, looked at today, a kettle korn business setup...so maybe I'll just take that to my house and make the money that way. I need Karla and Jean to come out and help me though.

Didn't Karla say she would come out to my house? Maybe if she came out she could kidnap me and make me go get an unfill??? OOOOHHHH...there's an idea. You all can give HER a ration and make her feel guilty if she doesn't come rescue me from myself :wink2:

Okay...goodnight ladies. Love you.

Steph, only because I love you!!! and worry. OHHHHHHHHHH, I can't wait to see all the stuff, I think I will be shopping!! I love a good bargin.

Up for grabs, a 6 month old female purebred miniature doxy, who just had an 'accident' on my clean carpet. Had to spend the last 1/2 hour spot cleaning and rinsing the carpet. NOT HAPPY

Spent the entire day cleaning the kitchen and still not done!!!! I wonder why I have 3 bottles of the same spice (x4) and all of them are open. What it the story about the costco container of garlic that I have had for over 10 years... Well, 6 cupboards and the dishwasher cleaned. The dishwasher took 2 hours all by itself. I'd like the hang the man who designed it so the part of the door can get gook on it but isn't exposed to the cleaning cycle.

So off to Steph's tomorrow and then to Seeley on Friday with my quilting ladies. We are heading to Holter Lake on the 27th for our week of quilting. I'll need to get the house deep cleaned before I go. Oh, you won't believe what I just saw on TV, a commercial for back to school, how dare it. I haven't even had time to play yet!!

Just a quick drop in, need to get on the road to Steph's moms. Anyway, just wanted to share some frustration. I can't seem to make the scale move. Calories are no different, other than the Feeding Frenzie on Monday which has about 600 extra calories. I'm right around 1000 cals, give or take. I'm working non-stop, deep cleaning, yard work and nothing. I know you all are probably tired of hearing me whine, but I don't know what else to do. I'm watching calories, Protein is excellent, fluids are excellent, what the heck is wrong? Is it just because this is my 2nd landmark goal, to break 200? I don't think I can live without much less food? This sucks.

yipee! ! ! ! It came. I won't be left behind!!

OMG Yeah, you ARE coming!!!

Now remember, Kari you are welcome to come a day early or stay a day longer whatever works out for YOU!! Did Hubby decide if he is coming or not???

Well, you have us intrigued again about what happened today! Always keeping us in suspense!

Glad your dentist gave you good drugs!

Sun did come out today and it got up to about 75 I think. DD went in her pool. I'm sorry! It was not THAT hot!! And the pool Water is COLD.... like in the 70's!

Don't forget your jammies!

Candice, you said we were probably going out to eat one night? How dressy do we need to be for that? We're flying Jet Blue.... one bag free, 2nd one is NOT, so I'm packing light... one small bag and probably my rolling backpack.

7_6_6v.gif

I imagine that we'll go out for dinner on FRIDAY night, perhaps you'll want to eat in Collingwood near the street dance...

Don't worry about what to wear, come casual... Jean Capri's a top and light sweater or jacket... just in case it cools off after supper and we'll be outside.

If you have an Elvis Hairpeice and Sideburns and aviator sunglasses feel free to wear them... cause You'll fit right it!! LOL

Phyl, are you flying to T.O. or Buffalo? The last time we chatted I think you were going to spend some time in Buffalo with your sister too on this trip...

I'm picking up Linda/Mel/Janet at the Toronto International Airport(L.B. Pearson) let me know WHICH Terminal you will be arriving at... as there are 3!!! And I'll be there to meet you. :)

The water temp. at the beach will be nice... I promise!!! Soft -sandy beach, no rocks so it's easy on the feet.

Oh, yeah you FLYING Seven's... remember for your carryon luggage there are restrictions ea container of liquid must be less than 3 oz. ie Shampoo, conditioner, hair spray, body lotion, bug lotion, suntan lotion etc.... So don't worry, I'll have LOTS of shampoos, etc at my house that you can all use... no need to weigh down your luggage.

I also have 2 Hair curling irons, 2 Blow dryers, etc... so if you don't want to you don't have to pack that stuff either!!!!

So basically just underwears, SPANKX, bras, swim suit, pants, tops & light jacket, socks, shoes/sandals...

At work today, bored... boredom is gettin to be a real problem for me lately!!!! :) and you know what I do when I am bored!!!!:)

I don't need curling iron... short & straight... just a little hair gel. Mad because I can't get a hair appt in Buffalo when I get there. I LOVE my sister's beautician and can't find one here that I like so I'm overdue for haircut/highlights and was counting on doing that after I get to Buffalo and before Canada. Packing as light as I possibly can. Probably have to bring CPAP so Tracy can sleep.

Yeah... we have to shop in Canada. I love sweatshirts, shirts, mugs that say something on them... like "WASAGA BEACH"! So maybe I won't bring my "ALASKA" sweatshirt so I'll have an excuse to buy a "CANADA" one! OR... maybe "ELVIS"!!

5_5_137.gif

Will give you Earl's cell # in Canada. You're assuming he turns it on!! LOL

I'll probably have laptop, or at least Blackberry, at the hospital. I will probably be there a few days. Then they said one month at home PT and one month outpatient PT. But I'm going to work hard and hope to get released sooner than that. The rain usually sets in here in Oct and

I HATE when that happens!!

16_4_48.gif 4_2_1.gif 28_2_8v.gif 4_2_1.gif 16_4_48.gif

P.S. I am 4th on waiting list to get surgery moved up if there are any cancellations.

I went to target last night after the gym (that's why I didn't post) looked at some hoodies that were light weight - but figured what the heck - if I need it I will get it there..

You will be an ideal patient !!!!

yipee! ! ! ! It came. I won't be left behind!!

Ya so you are coming !!!!!!

Phyl, they can't charge you for your cpap machine on the airplane, you are allowed to have a 2nd carry-on without charge.

Linda, I was suppose to have an empty house this year, but my DD#4 who is 23 couldn't get into the ultrasound program she wanted because they are full until 2011, so it will be her and I. She will be taking classes, but most of them will be online. DD#5 will be living in the dorms.

dinner was chicken, veggies, and watermelon. My head still says it is hungry.

I'm going to Lincoln tomorrow to help Steph get ready for her big garage sale at her moms. Bringing her some Protein powder, she didn't bring any and now she can't get anything down. I will do her a forhead slap for not getting an unfill.

Oh Protein powder interesting :0) - I eat popcorn when my head is still hungry !!!

Tattle tale!!!!

Didn't Karla say she would come out to my house? Maybe if she came out she could kidnap me and make me go get an unfill??? OOOOHHHH...there's an idea. You all can give HER a ration and make her feel guilty if she doesn't come rescue me from myself :)

Okay...goodnight ladies. Love you.

Well my lips are sealed - I promised no more bitching about you not taking care of you - but I do wish Karla would kidnap you that is an excellent idea....

Steph, only because I love you!!! and worry. OHHHHHHHHHH, I can't wait to see all the stuff, I think I will be shopping!! I love a good bargin.

Up for grabs, a 6 month old female purebred miniature doxy, who just had an 'accident' on my clean carpet. Had to spend the last 1/2 hour spot cleaning and rinsing the carpet. NOT HAPPY

Spent the entire day cleaning the kitchen and still not done!!!! I wonder why I have 3 bottles of the same spice (x4) and all of them are open. What it the story about the costco container of garlic that I have had for over 10 years... Well, 6 cupboards and the dishwasher cleaned. The dishwasher took 2 hours all by itself. I'd like the hang the man who designed it so the part of the door can get gook on it but isn't exposed to the cleaning cycle.

So off to Steph's tomorrow and then to Seeley on Friday with my quilting ladies. We are heading to Holter Lake on the 27th for our week of quilting. I'll need to get the house deep cleaned before I go. Oh, you won't believe what I just saw on TV, a commercial for back to school, how dare it. I haven't even had time to play yet!!

Oh ya the next thing you know Halloween decorations will be out by august.. It seems most schools are starting earlier this yr - our schools here don't start until After labor day this year they are starting 8/31... and before we all know it the will be advertizing for Xmas.

Just a quick drop in, need to get on the road to Steph's moms. Anyway, just wanted to share some frustration. I can't seem to make the scale move. Calories are no different, other than the Feeding Frenzie on Monday which has about 600 extra calories. I'm right around 1000 cals, give or take. I'm working non-stop, deep cleaning, yard work and nothing. I know you all are probably tired of hearing me whine, but I don't know what else to do. I'm watching calories, protein is excellent, fluids are excellent, what the heck is wrong? Is it just because this is my 2nd landmark goal, to break 200? I don't think I can live without much less food? This sucks.

Darling did your feeding frenzy include alot of carbs -

vary the calorie low one day high the next low one day high the next (800 - 1200_

OMG Yeah, you ARE coming!!!

Now remember, Kari you are welcome to come a day early or stay a day longer whatever works out for YOU!! Did Hubby decide if he is coming or not???

I'm sorry (not) to say the DH won't be coming with me. I volunteered his services to help retile the bathrooms at church, and they're starting next week. Besides, he's not a social creature. Right now, I am planning on leaving Weds. morning. But, we all know Murphy. Things can change in a heartbeat. Besides, I e-mailed my cousin and am waiting to hear back from him. I'd like to touch base with him cause I haven't seen him since my sister's funeral........six years ago.

I imagine that we'll go out for dinner on FRIDAY night, perhaps you'll want to eat in Collingwood near the street dance...

Don't worry about what to wear, come casual... Jean Capri's a top and light sweater or jacket... just in case it cools off after supper and we'll be outside.

If you have an Elvis Hairpeice and Sideburns and aviator sunglasses feel free to wear them... cause You'll fit right it!! LOL

Phyl, are you flying to T.O. or Buffalo? The last time we chatted I think you were going to spend some time in Buffalo with your sister too on this trip...

I'm picking up Linda/Mel/Janet at the Toronto International Airport(L.B. Pearson) let me know WHICH Terminal you will be arriving at... as there are 3!!! And I'll be there to meet you. :)

The Water temp. at the beach will be nice... I promise!!! Soft -sandy beach, no rocks so it's easy on the feet.

Oh, yeah you FLYING Seven's... remember for your carryon luggage there are restrictions ea container of liquid must be less than 3 oz. ie Shampoo, conditioner, hair spray, body lotion, bug lotion, suntan lotion etc.... So don't worry, I'll have LOTS of shampoos, etc at my house that you can all use... no need to weigh down your luggage.

I also have 2 Hair curling irons, 2 Blow dryers, etc... so if you don't want to you don't have to pack that stuff either!!!!

So basically just underwears, SPANKX, bras, swim suit, pants, tops & light jacket, socks, shoes/sandals...

At work today, bored... boredom is gettin to be a real problem for me lately!!!! :) and you know what I do when I am bored!!!!:)

Candice

LMAO on the Spanx - yep I don't go anywhere without them :0)

I am flying in on American Airlines - so whatever terminal that is in and then coming home it's United/air canada...

Looks like American Airlines is in Terminal 3 and United is in Terminal 1

Got this from their website (pearson airport)

Meeting Passengers

“No Parking” Areas

When dropping off or picking up passengers at Toronto Pearson, you may stop momentarily on the curbside of the Arrivals and Departures levels. Please note that you may not park along the terminal curbs for any length of time, or leave your vehicle unattended. Toronto Pearson has designated Traffic Officers who will ensure there is no parking curbside. In addition, no parking is permitted along the airport roadways leading to the terminals. This helps to ensure safety for drivers using the roadways.

Cell Phone Lot

If you have arranged to pick up passengers by car and are waiting for them to arrive at the airport, we invite you to park at the GTAA’s new Cell Phone Lot. This short-term parking area provides motorists with a safe and legal location to stop their vehicles while waiting for passengers to call for a ride. The Cell Phone Lot has parking spaces for 50 vehicles, and allows a maximum wait time of 60 minutes. The Cell Phone Lot is located just north of the airport on Network Drive, between Highway 409 and American Drive (see map).

Note: Vehicles must be turned off and attended at all times. The lot is monitored and violators will be ticketed and towed at the owner’s expense.

Other Parking Options

Additional long- and short-term parking is available at the terminals and at the GTAA’s Reduced Rate Parking Lot. Parking in these locations will allow you to accompany passengers to the check-in counters, or wait for friends and family in the airport. Click here for locations and fees.

Greeting Areas

When greeting passengers arriving at Toronto Pearson, we recommend making arrangements to meet in the arrivals level of both terminals, just outside of the baggage claim area for domestic or international passengers.

I'm sorry (not) to say the DH won't be coming with me. I volunteered his services to help retile the bathrooms at church, and they're starting next week. Besides, he's not a social creature. Right now, I am planning on leaving Weds. morning. But, we all know Murphy. Things can change in a heartbeat. Besides, I e-mailed my cousin and am waiting to hear back from him. I'd like to touch base with him cause I haven't seen him since my sister's funeral........six years ago.

Kari - I am so glad you are coming...

Well I guess this is only going to apply to me - but I just ck'd 10 day weather in Toronto

76 high 60 lows - Yes I will be bring a jacket - maybe my leather one !!!! and a chance of rain -

Jul 23 38.gif?12122006

Scattered T-Storms

78°

61°

40%

78°F

Check Flight Delays

Fri

Jul 24

11.gif?12122006

Showers

76°

61°

30%

76°F

Sat

Jul 25

11.gif?12122006

Showers

76°

61°

60%

76°F

I think I am bring sweats !!!! and tennis shoes for sure for the evening time...

Candice what town do you live in???

I have your's, phyl & linda's cell #'s and I think you all have mine...

We are flying in to Buffalo Tues. evening. Pick up rental car and drive to my youngest sister's (10 minutes away). Wed. see Mom & other sister probably. Thurs drive to Canada. We're bringing Tom Tom with us!

12_7_19.gif 16_2_19.gif

Previous experience using U.S.A. cell phone in Canada.... VERY expensive!! Last year made two very short calls to DD while we were all in Niagara Falls because we were in two different cars and got separated.... cost me $10!

7_19_1.gif