Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Karri, I am sorry you had such a poopy day! Jobs would be blissfull if it wasn't for co-workers eh???

Our new Office Mgr was pumping me for history today, so I filled her in on the office politics of the last couple years... now at least she understands why some people are the way they are...

I am so lucky that I am able to keep out of it... just kinda watch from the sidelines and try not to let it bug me... but sometimes...oh it does...

I exercised TWICE today! Now that's a record for me!! but I worked until 7:45 and when I came home I went for a bike ride too... I've done my penance for yesterdays wee confilgrations... hee,hee... think I'll be o.k. on the scale in the morning... just having tea now until I go to bed..

DH made supper tonight, so there were "chicken fingers" for me on the stove when I got in... I didn't eat it cause I'd already cooked myself a LEAN CUISINE at work... so now he's pissed.... cause he bothered to cook and I'm a sh1t for not eating it!!!!

Oh I guess I' can take it tomorrow for lunch right?

Seriously I don't think I have EVER been this pissed in my life. I almost quit my job today. Just threw my hands up, flipped them off and walked the F out. But I figured that wasn't fair to my students. It was teachers that did it to me today.

Was it that B who has the class room next to you and pissed cuz they like you better???

Hugs !! School is almost over - What' your last day..

Then you are coming for some R&R and a little mothering ok - so just keep that in your mind - 2 more weeks and I will have someone taking care of me :(

Hello ladies, made it through graduation and actually had a good time. We won't talk about how much money I spent. Fortunately my sister and daughters helped out, but by the time I was done I probably spent over $400 for food etc. When did things get so expensive? Part of the money was spent on a new battery for the Beast (my old 1977 crew cab Chevy pickup). I had it all loaded for a dump run and to pick up the shrubs for the stage at graduation and the Beast wouldn't start. It ended up needing a new battery. For the most part I had a nice visit with the family, glad to see my sister go, hard to see my girls go. I didn't even end up crying during graduation. Alexa's dad ended up being a jerk, he drove up from NV on Saturday and left immediately after graduation. He refused to come to the celebration because "he didn't want to be the most hated person there". So Saturday evening he stopped his car in the middle of the road and honked the horn for Alexa to come and get her gift and told her that since SHE couldn't make time for him to go to 'hang out' he was going to leave and not go to graduation. We have been divorced for 15 years and quite frankly he isn't important enough for me to hate, only pisses me off when he messes with the girls. The weather cooperated and it was beautiful and the yard was gorgeous as well. I hope that some of the pictures turned out and can post them on Facebook.

Anyway, I will weigh tomorrow at school. I did have an alcoholic beverage this weekend and a 1inch cube of carrot cake. Basically as busy as I was I only ate Breakfast and dinner, but I could see how easy it would be for me to slide back into bad eating habit. For the most part I didn't think about food (strange for me) but, the unhealthy food sure went down easy when everything else sticks. Damn, I just remembered that I had a smore also, what a selective memory. Don't we still have another week on the challenge??? I got my mountain bike fixed so I will be riding for exercise.

Janet, I am so sorry about Angel, what a heart break. My babies came from private breeders. Jordan and Simon were free because male doxies are not as desireable as females. Breeder was VERY responsible and lives next to my parents so I was lucky to get them. Molly...well I bought her, not from the same breeder, but from a parent of a student. All the babies had to go to the kennel for the weekend, it was molly's first time. All went well.

Well, I am going to go plant something on the farm, I couldn't plant before the weekend.

What an AH your XDH is - F him - but I understand about the girls - but they understand - it's not your fault -I would be pissed too..

Ya buying food for parties is expensive now a days... One thanksgiving I bought all the trimmings my bro cancelled my uncle cancelled and I was pissed...

Took Angel to the vet after gym - she is better and I really love this vet - she said lets wait and see - it's improved since last week and if it gets bad again - all I have to do is call and we can schedule the surgery - she's not trying to make me spend $$$ if I don't have to - She (angel) has a bruise on her knee - so maybe she did something when I wasn't home -

As to slipping back very easily - yep we have to stay diligent 24/7 - we can't let our guard down - I am almost 2 yrs out (7/17 will be my 2 yrs) and I still keep my guard up - cuz I know how easy it would be to say f it and eat the easy stuff..

CALORIES;CARBS;FAT;PROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg929;136;21;47

MINUTES;CALORIES BURNED Cycling 12-13.9 mph (bicycling, biking, bike riding) 20; 219ft3_remove.gif Walk/Jog > 10 min/mile 20; 164

TOTAL CALS B URNED = 383

Karri, I am sorry you had such a poopy day! Jobs would be blissfull if it wasn't for co-workers eh???

Our new Office Mgr was pumping me for history today, so I filled her in on the office politics of the last couple years... now at least she understands why some people are the way they are...

I am so lucky that I am able to keep out of it... just kinda watch from the sidelines and try not to let it bug me... but sometimes...oh it does...

I exercised TWICE today! Now that's a record for me!! but I worked until 7:45 and when I came home I went for a bike ride too... I've done my penance for yesterdays wee confilgrations... hee,hee... think I'll be o.k. on the scale in the morning... just having tea now until I go to bed..

DH made supper tonight, so there were "chicken fingers" for me on the stove when I got in... I didn't eat it cause I'd already cooked myself a LEAN CUISINE at work... so now he's pissed.... cause he bothered to cook and I'm a sh1t for not eating it!!!!

Oh I guess I' can take it tomorrow for lunch right?

CONGRATS ON EXERCISE 2 X TODAY - DON'T YOU FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOU !!!

Yep you can take it for lunch ..

Ok Karla - 6/12 is weigh in day for the 5 lbs weight loss challenge... I think I pissed Kari off - so it may just be you steph candice and linda..

Well gang it's 9 and I haven't eaten - so I am going to say good night

talk to uou all in the a.m.

I feel better now. Yeah the lady that is the total B at work got transferred to the middle school next year and she is beyond angry. They are all trying to figure out why she got bumped for someone that has a chemistry/physics endorsement. Well...I am not going to be there next year and the admin knows it so they had to staff appropriately. They DON'T know that I am not going to be there so they can't figure out WHY they would need another chem/phys person at the high school. However they are just all worked up because I am going to get 2 paychecks. Seriously...the don't get that I would be WORKING TWO JOBS. Whatever...I am a lot calmer now and I didn't soothe it by eating. I soothed it by Wii boxing followed by 3 hours on the bicycle. 1095 calories of pure relaxation. I feel much better and without guilt!!

I have to go to bed now though. It has been a LONG freaking day.

Hello Ladies

I AM NOT PISSED OFF AT ANYONE!!!! I have been really busy. It's almost 1:30 am and this is the first chance I've had to get on here since I did my farming this morning. My BIL passed away and spent the afternoon and evening at the funeral home. DD came down and she forgot her suitcase back home so after we left the funeral home we headed to the outlet mall so she could find something to wear. Bought myself a new pair of jeans at Old Navy. Size 12. Then we ended up at WallyWorld and we didn't get home till almost midnight. Tomorrow is the funeral and then Weds., we're going up to babysit the rug rats. Where has the time gone? I still have to get out and get my passport for Canada. I have to be the queen of all procrastinators.

I'm also not ignoring you guys. I'm just making lousy choices. No, mealtimes are okay, it's all that in-between junk that is going to do me in. I'm trying though. I made it 90 minutes on my bike today but yesterday I skipped. (shame shame) Yeah, and we can't forget the soda. I'm really trying to quit, but that little demon on my shoulder really likes to hear me belch. DD hasn't been able to check on the cruise yet. She has to get into the office cause she can't get the program she needs from home. That's one of the reasons we're going there to babysit, so she can go into the office.

I really have to go the bed. I'm so tired, I'm not sure this even makes any sense. I'll try to post back here tomorrow if I find the time. (gotta harvest tomorrow). Just wanted you to know that I am not pissed off and ignoring you. Well, maybe ignoring you guys a little cause I feel guilty. (maybe that's good?) But I've just been too busy. (but not to busy to eat).

TALK TO YOU ALL TOMORROW. sleep TIGHT AND PLEASANT DREAMS.

Well, the carrot cake has to go!! Woke up in the middle of the night and found myself eating it. If it isn't eaten by the time I get home from work it is garbage!!. All the junk food has been calling me. I'm okay with most of it, but dang carrot cake. We still have 'the lads' a group of guy friends of Alexa's. I told them that they have to eat a quart of baked bean, ALL the carrot cake and 1/2 a quart of potato salad before they go home. Aren't boys suppose to be hungry all the time. These guys aren't, that or they are being polite. EAT THE DAMN STUFF!! Well, if it isn't gone when I get home, it goes in the freezer or the garbage. I would have sent the cake home with someone, but I figured hungry guys would eat it, NO SUCH LUCK.

Glad to hear Angel is doing well.

Karri, I don't know how you exercise that long. When I get frustrated I 'shut down'. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Ran out of antidepressents this weekend, so I will get that filled and should do better. I bought 7 flats of perenials and annuals for the pots and flower beds, so that should keep me busy today.

Love you all, and best get going, 7 more days of students and 8 more days of school. I am SOOO looking forward to vegging for a few days. My DD that is 23 has to get her wisdom teeth out right after school. Hopefully her father will help with the bill, yeah right.

Catch ya later!! k

Karla

I feel better now. Yeah the lady that is the total B at work got transferred to the middle school next year and she is beyond angry. They are all trying to figure out why she got bumped for someone that has a chemistry/physics endorsement. Well...I am not going to be there next year and the admin knows it so they had to staff appropriately. They DON'T know that I am not going to be there so they can't figure out WHY they would need another chem/phys person at the high school. However they are just all worked up because I am going to get 2 paychecks. Seriously...the don't get that I would be WORKING TWO JOBS. Whatever...I am a lot calmer now and I didn't soothe it by eating. I soothed it by Wii boxing followed by 3 hours on the bicycle. 1095 calories of pure relaxation. I feel much better and without guilt!!

I have to go to bed now though. It has been a LONG freaking day.

Good for you Karri, gyming it is a whole pile better for you than eating over it.. Kudos to you!!! You learned the magic lesson... Disappointment does not = overeating!!!!

Hello Ladies

I AM NOT PISSED OFF AT ANYONE!!!! I have been really busy. It's almost 1:30 am and this is the first chance I've had to get on here since I did my farming this morning. My BIL passed away and spent the afternoon and evening at the funeral home.

Kari, my sympathies on your BIL passing its an aweful way to finally get together with all your family eh?

DD came down and she forgot her suitcase back home so after we left the funeral home we headed to the outlet mall so she could find something to wear. Bought myself a new pair of jeans at Old Navy. Size 12.

Size 12's!! That is a huge NSV also a nice pick meup when you've had bad news...

Then we ended up at WallyWorld and we didn't get home till almost midnight. Tomorrow is the funeral and then Weds., we're going up to babysit the rug rats. Where has the time gone? I still have to get out and get my passport for Canada. I have to be the queen of all procrastinators. WHAT THE Freek! You havn't got your passport yet??? Get on with it girl there are only 7 wks until the Lucky 7 reunion!!! GET IT THIS WEEK....

I'm also not ignoring you guys. I'm just making lousy choices. No, mealtimes are okay, it's all that in-between junk that is going to do me in. I'm trying though. I made it 90 minutes on my bike today but yesterday I skipped. (shame shame) Yeah, and we can't forget the soda. I'm really trying to quit, but that little demon on my shoulder really likes to hear me belch. DD hasn't been able to check on the cruise yet. She has to get into the office cause she can't get the program she needs from home. That's one of the reasons we're going there to babysit, so she can go into the office.

I really have to go the bed. I'm so tired, I'm not sure this even makes any sense. I'll try to post back here tomorrow if I find the time. (gotta harvest tomorrow). Just wanted you to know that I am not pissed off and ignoring you. Well, maybe ignoring you guys a little cause I feel guilty. (maybe that's good?) But I've just been too busy. (but not to busy to eat).

TALK TO YOU ALL TOMORROW. sleep TIGHT AND PLEASANT DREAMS.

Well, the carrot cake has to go!! Woke up in the middle of the night and found myself eating it. If it isn't eaten by the time I get home from work it is garbage!!. All the junk food has been calling me. I'm okay with most of it, but dang carrot cake. We still have 'the lads' a group of guy friends of Alexa's. I told them that they have to eat a quart of baked bean, ALL the carrot cake and 1/2 a quart of potato salad before they go home. Aren't boys suppose to be hungry all the time. These guys aren't, that or they are being polite. EAT THE DAMN STUFF!! Well, if it isn't gone when I get home, it goes in the freezer or the garbage. I would have sent the cake home with someone, but I figured hungry guys would eat it, NO SUCH LUCK.

Carrot cake, yup just throw it out.. don't wait... the longer its in your house the more you'll have to deny yourself eating it... that is dangerous!

Glad to hear Angel is doing well.

Kisses to little ANGEL, I hope that she's over the worst of the bruising and on the mend. (((hugs)))

Karri, I don't know how you exercise that long. When I get frustrated I 'shut down'. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Ran out of antidepressents this weekend, so I will get that filled and should do better. I bought 7 flats of perenials and annuals for the pots and flower beds, so that should keep me busy today.

Love you all, and best get going, 7 more days of students and 8 more days of school. I am SOOO looking forward to vegging for a few days. My DD that is 23 has to get her wisdom teeth out right after school. Hopefully her father will help with the bill, yeah right.

Catch ya later!! k

Karla

Karla, are you going to travel with Stephanie to Canada? Are you able to come join us??? It'd be great to meet you....plus I could show you all my quilts!! :frown:

Well of to jump on the scale... CBL:thumbup:

O.k. its 11:09 and I just got to work.... guess how I got there???

I RODE MY BIKE!

Whoo-hoo ya me the couch potato of the YEAR!!

8 km. or about 5 miles

Cals burned 317 it took me 29 minutes.

the best part though is my BOSS gave me a HIGH 5 when I got to work!!!

Feels good, and I have to get home again right? SO more calories burned...

It wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be.

KARRI, you are my vision of a HERO!

wait a minute.... somebody check my calculations... it took me 29 minutes to travel 8 kilometers(5 miles).. so how fast was I riding? I'm dah this morning.... but 317 cals seems a bit high????

Edited by peaches9

Candice you rode just over 10 miles per hour or 16 km/hour.

Yes...the calories do seem high considering that I was pedling a little slower than that last night but was only burning 400 calories per hour and that was with some pretty decent resistance. But the more weight that you have on you, the more calories you burn so it might be correct. This is why I bought the body bugg...I don't believe any of the websites...too skeptical and not enough science for me (says the chemist!)

Good Morning Gang...

Karla - throw the damn cake away now and any other junk food that calls you - darling that is a lesson you have to learn - when it calls you and you have no control - you gotta throw it away - no matter the cost... This is what will keep you from re-buying a trigger food - well at least for me it does - I might be at the store and see something I want (usually a sweet) but I know that I won't stop at one piece and it's going to call me and I know I will end up throwing it out - and wasting the $$$ cuz I had 1 or 2 and threw the rest out... I have NO AND I MEAN NO CONTROL AT NITE.

During the day I am pretty controled - but at night watch out..

Kari - Hugs I am sorry and send prayer and hugs at the loss of your BIL.. I know how hard loss is...

Remember I am on your other shoulder - telling you no to drink the soda...

WTG on your 12's !!!! :frown:

We have a whole year til our next trip - so your DD doesn't have to rush - plus you have major stuff going on right now - so it can be put on the back burner for now - but the passport issue can't - you can go on line fill out the form - go to the post office to get your form and put it in the mail this week.. If you don't do in ASAP - You arent going to get it in time to come to Canada..

Candice - Hugs hope the scales where nice to you :0)

I gotta get my arse in gear - cbl

Candice you rode just over 10 miles per hour or 16 km/hour.

ah thanks Karri for figuring that out for me... I guess all my oxygen went to my LEGS hee,hee

Yes...the calories do seem high considering that I was pedling a little slower than that last night but was only burning 400 calories per hour and that was with some pretty decent resistance. But the more weight that you have on you, the more calories you burn so it might be correct. This is why I bought the body bugg...I don't believe any of the websites...too skeptical and not enough science for me (says the chemist!)

Now I just have to get home :frown:

O.k. so with the revision calculation I burned 227 cals getting to work.

Edited by peaches9

Good Morning Gang...

Karla - throw the damn cake away now and any other junk food that calls you - darling that is a lesson you have to learn - when it calls you and you have no control - you gotta throw it away - no matter the cost... This is what will keep you from re-buying a trigger food - well at least for me it does - I might be at the store and see something I want (usually a sweet) but I know that I won't stop at one piece and it's going to call me and I know I will end up throwing it out - and wasting the $$$ cuz I had 1 or 2 and threw the rest out... I have NO AND I MEAN NO CONTROL AT NITE.

During the day I am pretty controled - but at night watch out..

Kari - Hugs I am sorry and send prayer and hugs at the loss of your BIL.. I know how hard loss is...

Remember I am on your other shoulder - telling you no to drink the soda...

WTG on your 12's !!!! :frown:

We have a whole year til our next trip - so your DD doesn't have to rush - plus you have major stuff going on right now - so it can be put on the back burner for now - but the passport issue can't - you can go on line fill out the form - go to the post office to get your form and put it in the mail this week.. If you don't do in ASAP - You arent going to get it in time to come to Canada..

Candice - Hugs hope the scales where nice to you :0)

Yes, Janet they were good to me.. down another little bit!

I gotta get my arse in gear - cbl

I am lucky today, all nice patients so far, this should be a good day:thumbup:

I

Hi all. Just checking in to let you know that I'm still around. It's not really summer break yet with students in externships and lots of online work to do. I get Cora tomorrow and will go see DD on Thrusday-Friday. It's OK--it doesn't feel like summer yet anyway. I did succumb to one piece of cake yesterday--but only one small one.

Woke up this morning with the most painful heartburn ever. I had to eat some yogurt to ease it. I'm scared--I just don't think this band is working out. I can eat too much, and still have to take Nexium and Prilosec every day. Granted, I don't vomit blood like I was last winter, but it's still not what I expected. Tell me--do any of you still burp and have hiccups--even between meals?

Linda, I still burp and even PB, but I'm a newbie and probably overfilled.

food was better today, had about 1 oz of cheese and 3 crackers for lunch, but forgot the fruit at home grrr. We won't talk about the Jerky, I was starving so I ate too much, 4 large pieces. Breakfast was a Protein smoothie, and dinner will probably be fruit and granola, with some yogurt. My midnight cake started the hungries, but jerky is better than cake, and fruit and yogurt/granola is better than baked Beans and polish dogs. I was finally able to stop the hungries by drinking extra Water.< /p>

I only lost a pound this week....I only have 10 days to loose the other 4...it was that damn cake.. Now I am depressed about the weight loss, I was doing so well, I know this is just a 'bump' in the road, but it makes me feel pretty lousy.

I came home and planted a flat of perenials and did some weeding and watering.

Poor Simon (doxi #2 wirehaired) started vomiting blood this morning so he spent the day at the vet. They figure he was stressed because of the kennel stay, that or he cut himself while chewing a big bone we got him for the kennel. We will watch him for the next few days. Elyse (his pet parent) was in tears when she called. They are like peas in a pod, they both don't handle stress well.

Had to buy new tires for the car AND will need to pay for Elyse's oral surgery to have her wisdom teeth out, so I won't be traveling much this summer.

weight.png

I am lucky today, all nice patients so far, this should be a good day:thumbup:

I

Wtg on the biking Candice -- I am really proud of you... That's a big deal - My office is most likely 5 miles - but no way would I bike - I would be all hot and sweaty and too many cars - I am a clusts (sp)

Hi all. Just checking in to let you know that I'm still around. It's not really summer break yet with students in externships and lots of online work to do. I get Cora tomorrow and will go see DD on Thrusday-Friday. It's OK--it doesn't feel like summer yet anyway. I did succumb to one piece of cake yesterday--but only one small one.

Woke up this morning with the most painful heartburn ever. I had to eat some yogurt to ease it. I'm scared--I just don't think this band is working out. I can eat too much, and still have to take Nexium and Prilosec every day. Granted, I don't vomit blood like I was last winter, but it's still not what I expected. Tell me--do any of you still burp and have hiccups--even between meals?

Linda - Hugs on the issues with your band - did you have ulcer - have they tested you for that and the bacteria that causes them - you are 100x more medical than me - but I read about someone (oh I think on my mentor thread) who had ulcers and had to take antibotics to clear them up ???

I burp sometimes but ususally cuz I ate too much

Linda, I still burp and even PB, but I'm a newbie and probably overfilled.

food was better today, had about 1 oz of cheese and 3 crackers for lunch, but forgot the fruit at home grrr. We won't talk about the Jerky, I was starving so I ate too much, 4 large pieces. Breakfast was a Protein smoothie, and dinner will probably be fruit and granola, with some yogurt. My midnight cake started the hungries, but jerky is better than cake, and fruit and yogurt/granola is better than baked Beans and polish dogs. I was finally able to stop the hungries by drinking extra Water.< /p>

I only lost a pound this week....I only have 10 days to loose the other 4...it was that damn cake.. Now I am depressed about the weight loss, I was doing so well, I know this is just a 'bump' in the road, but it makes me feel pretty lousy.

I came home and planted a flat of perenials and did some weeding and watering.

Poor Simon (doxi #2 wirehaired) started vomiting blood this morning so he spent the day at the vet. They figure he was stressed because of the kennel stay, that or he cut himself while chewing a big bone we got him for the kennel. We will watch him for the next few days. Elyse (his pet parent) was in tears when she called. They are like peas in a pod, they both don't handle stress well.

Had to buy new tires for the car AND will need to pay for Elyse's oral surgery to have her wisdom teeth out, so I won't be traveling much this summer.

Karla - 1 lbs is one 1lb - be happy - but gotta say your food could be better - you aren't really eating that healthy - remember this is a lifestyle change - I know that you were super busy this past weekend - but I really really plan my food - if you don't plan it's to easy to make the wrong choices and grab anything- You aren't eating real food - cheese is high in fat - It's something I don't do often at all

When are you going for and unfill so that you can eat real food. To me most of your food today has been snack type foods - not actual meals..

Hugs on your fur baby troubles - hope she's ok - I don't know what I am going to do for weekend when I want to go somewhere when andrew leave - I think kenneling my dogs would stress them out... Plus the cat ...

--------------------------------------------------

We gang went to the doc today - got my physical and pap- have to make appointment for blood test - I got some sample sleeping pills and xanaz only 5 mgs - she thinks 1/2 will help me sleep - I should have told her that even though I look tiny I have a high tolerance to meds.. But she gave me 60 so - I will take the xanax tonite - and save the sleeping pills or friday or saturday incase I wake up to dopy.. Hopefully I can get a good nite sleep..

I didn't go to the gym - I am pooped - infact I am getting off the computer shortly - didn't get off til after 9 last night

Food today

BF - sb Protein Bar 140c

Lunch 4 oz ck breast & salad 310 cal total

Dinner - fish rice & salad 420 cal

Snack: york pm patty 140 c popcorn 100 - fudgsicle 100

Total 1210 - Not good on water today - 2 bottles so far