Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I'm down 4 pounds this morning. I was hoping for a bit more, but considering that I should START today I am okay with it.

Today is going to be a tough food day. TOM starts, I have been up since 3AM and therefore exhausted and I am craving chocolate like there is no tomorrow. Not to mention that I have been hungry, hungry, hungry the last couple of days. I will NOT succumb.

Calories: 957/ protien 68gr

Exercise: 1/2 hr treadmill, 1 hr swimming

WTG !!!! :party: How's the Mom situation going??

OMG.... watching Michael Phelps eat on 60 Minutes!

Disgusting!

He could use some lessons on taking small bites!

Overall, my food today was okay.

My usual small eggbeaters omelet for BF,

Costco samples for lunch.< /span>

Bucca di Beppo... an extremely frustrating experience!!

Am I the only that feels this way....??????

because of the unique way that we have to eat...

I DO NOT like other people putting my food on my plate!

On the cruise we only went to the buffet twice..

partly because Earl thought it was too noisy

And... he likes to be served;

but.. I went along with it because as soon as they saw me coming on my scooter I would be bombarded with wait staff wanting to help. At first I would say, "no" and tell them I could manage or my husband was helping, but they just wouldn't quit and I'd finally give in.

Then I would get very frustrated because I'd say I'd like a "little" of.... _______, and I never got just a little.

36_2_64.gif

So, as you can imagine, I found the Bucca di Beppo dinner for DGD's birthday tongiht... extremely frustrating. Most of the food was on the other table... we were at side by side booths, 12 of us (including 2 babies). So, I wanted a part of a meatball and a tiny bit of spaghetti, SIL got it for me. I got too much spaghetti. Someone put a big spoonful of gnocchi on my plate which I didn't even want... I wanted to taste maybe one. I didn't eat that. It was awful anyway. I definitely ate a few things I shouldn't have, but I didn't overdo and I didn't leave uncomfortable. Next time I am in a situation like that, I wil insist on putting my own food on my plate. I did use a little salad plate and not their big dinner platters!

Well if we praticed 8 hrs a day like him we could eat like that heck we did eat like that (well almost as bad) prior to being banded :smile:

The only reason I don't want to be served is cuz if it's on my plate I will try to eat it I am bad if it taste good I want to eat it - Last night was full and knew it but didn't stop my taste buds from wanting more food - didn't but wanted too - But gotta say say if I'm at a freinds house they know I can't eat as much so they don't pester me..

Where do you buy this 'muscle milk' product? I've never heard of it:confused:

QUOTE=peaches9;1238989]Ah Phyl; I totally know what you mean... People just want to LOAD you up... I know ith 'their' way of showing love... but they just don't get it. Yest. my GF Ginette put my steak on my plate... it was a striploin and at least 6 -7 oz in size... I said 'Uh, could you cut that in half for me? I won't be able to eat that much".... so she put half of it back for me... and I couldn't eat ALL of what was left only got about 3 oz. which was PLENTY..

I agree with you about eating off the salad plate... much more feasable.

As it turns out I am up a tad this a.m. but I think it'll go with peeing today and lots of water...

I was going to ride my bike to work today for exercise but its freeking raining:mad:

Muscle Milk they have a light one - I've seen it at my target and I think costco has them - look in the diet section of the stores - it's very popular...

Well you have your Wii tonite...

Weighed myself this morning and I held at 179. I'm not going to complain about that as I expected a rise with the meds I'm on. I FEEL bloated. I had a decent food weekend. I had bad thoughts, but they were only thoughts, I didn't succumb to the demons. I feel good about the week, even if it doesn't look like I made any progress on the scales. The mind battles were won. :thumbup:

Ruby - The mind battles is where our probllems really lie - congrats on beating them !!!!

I'm down 4 pounds this morning. I was hoping for a bit more, but considering that I should START today I am okay with it.

Today is going to be a tough food day. TOM starts, I have been up since 3AM and therefore exhausted and I am craving chocolate like there is no tomorrow. Not to mention that I have been hungry, hungry, hungry the last couple of days. I will NOT succumb.

Karri - so glad those days are gong (tom) but I still get the cravings - I use the dark sf puddings & WW or Heathy Choice Fudgesicle to curb my choc cravings - Or Protein Bars but as we all know those can end up being like candy bars - one is too much 10 not enought :0)... Drink you Water I know that it's bs that it helps takes away hunger (well it doesn't for me :tt2: - but if I add some crystal light it does help a tad)

Kari - you can quit ignoring us - it you want to drink soda - go for it - I won't say another word - it's not worth you ignoring us - just trying to help that's all - just tell me to back off if I piss you off... Hugs J

GOOD attitude! :tongue_smilie:Does exercising help with the TOM cramps and symptoms?

Step away from the Chocolate! :party:

Janet; as it turns out the rain has stopped and one of my px cancelled so I am going to go for a WALK during my break...

Edited by peaches9

Does exercising help with the TOM cramps and symptoms?

I don't know about Karri, but it does wonders for me. It's got to the point where whenever I feel kind of crappyfor any reason, not just TOM, I step on the treadmill for half an hour and it helps relieve it. It didn't work with my ear ache as walking fast seemed to jiggle around whatever was hurting inside. But otherwise I use exercise in the same way I used to use pain killers or just flopping down on the couch waiting for the pain to go away.

As for being emotional and moody during TOM, well, I've yet to find a cure for that. :party:

I had coffee this morning, but didn't manage to get any Breakfast in. I've spent the past half hour trying to eat lunch - half a grilled chicken breast, a roma Tomato, finely chopped celery and a tablespoon of thousand island dressing. It's slow going, but I can't make myself go any faster or it'll get stuck and I'll have to bring it up again. I'm not even halfway through yet. :thumbup: I think I'll put it in the fridge for when the hunger demon comes to wage battle in a couple of hours instead of force feeding myself.

Edited by Frustrated

Dang! I looked out the window just now and saw my dad drive up. Sure enough, he gets out of the car with a plate in his hand. My mom is at it again! I told her I was going back on my diet, so she sends him over with cake--and not just any cake--oh no! It's my fav cake made with white chocholate and and delicious white creamy frosting topped with strawberries and blueberries. Last week she brough over pineapple upside down cake. Hope DH eats it all tonight because it sure is bugging me right now! DANG!

o.k. I did my power walk - 2 miles in 20 minutes... now Sparkpeople says that burns 164 cals, but I don't think that's right?????

I'll check another source

Karri, what do you think????

CBL

Edited by peaches9
more stuff

Dang! I looked out the window just now and saw my dad drive up. Sure enough, he gets out of the car with a plate in his hand. My mom is at it again! I told her I was going back on my diet, so she sends him over with cake--and not just any cake--oh no! It's my fav cake made with white chocholate and and delicious white creamy frosting topped with strawberries and blueberries. Last week she brough over pineapple upside down cake. Hope DH eats it all tonight because it sure is bugging me right now! DANG!

Throw it away !!!! That's what I would do... Wasteful but better in thee than in me... I could not take it looking at me all afternoon

I just ate lunch 4 oz ck breast & 1 cup squash - am not physically hungry but could still eat - there were oatmeal raisin Cookies in the lunch room but just said no - my office is in another wing so I won't be tempted - I will just have another crystal lite... 2 x 16.9 + 16 coffee - am on my 3rd water bottle (well with crystal lite in it)

o.k. I did my power walk - 2 miles in 20 minutes... now Sparkpeople says that burns 164 cals, but I don't think that's right?????

I'll check another source

Karri, what do you think????

CBL

Darling - I don't do a 10 minute mile so bravo - that's almost running- for me at my weight and age (we are the same age) walking a 15 min mile at zero incline burns like 85 calories - this is why now adays I usually walk on a 6 or higher incline - it's what burns the calories is the incline...

Ah, can we spell S A B O T A G E ???? Our mothers just never get it...

THROW it out right away, or make sure MEL eats it, but not in front of you

BE STRONG, just say NO to the Cake

I've eaten 965 cals so far today.... our team is counting on us!!!:(

Ah Phyl; I totally know what you mean... People just want to LOAD you up... I know ith 'their' way of showing love... but they just don't get it. Yest. my GF Ginette put my steak on my plate... it was a striploin and at least 6 -7 oz in size... I said 'Uh, could you cut that in half for me? I won't be able to eat that much".... so she put half of it back for me... and I couldn't eat ALL of what was left only got about 3 oz. which was PLENTY..

I agree with you about eating off the salad plate... much more feasable.

As it turns out I am up a tad this a.m. but I think it'll go with peeing today and lots of water...

I was going to ride my bike to work today for exercise but its freeking raining:mad:

Yeah, Earl is the only one I want putting food on my plate. He knows what I want and he weighs all my meat/fish.

I won't let that happen again. I ended up with not enough meat and too much spaghetti. I had some garlic mashed potatoes... a very small spoonful that I got to put on my plate myself.

So... no excuses... I should've exercised more control.

So my weight is up a little this morning.

I also did not drink enough over the weekend and let myself get constipated... so I'm a mess today.

Tomorrow will be better.

Food today.... Nature Valley granola bar for BF, homemade bean Soup with ham for lunch... small bowl. We're having leftovers for dinner... turkey meatloaf and veggies.

SF/FF latte this afternoon. Having a small glass of wine and a few tiny cubes of gorgonzola.

TOPS this morning... I was actually down 1 lb since last time we were there... but that was 3 weeks ago. Earl wouldn't go because he's still 9 lb over goal! Stopped to see one of the friends that was on the cruise with us after that. She is in mucho pain.. hip replacement coming up, but not for 6 more weeks. I helped her with computer problems she was having and picked up her formal photos and memory card from the cruise so I could scan/copy all her pictures to my computer.

I guess you didn't really need this run down of my whole entire day, but since I'm on a roll, after lunch we took our 2-3 mile loop down to the lake and back. When we get to Safeway, we're almost home and that's where we usually split! I usually want to go look in some of the stores... just because they're there, and Earl wants to go home. This time, he wanted to go to auto parts and that didn't interest me so I went to Target.

Hope you all had a GREAT DAY!! And now I need to go tend to my farm!

3_11_8.gif

Just to clarify.... it wasn't so much HOW MUCH Phelps was eating, it's HOW he was eating it... shoveling in these great big humongous bites. His mouth open so wide you could stick a baseball in there! That's what was so disgusting!

Yeah, Earl is the only one I want putting food on my plate. He knows what I want and he weighs all my meat/fish.

I won't let that happen again. I ended up with not enough meat and too much spaghetti. I had some garlic mashed potatoes... a very small spoonful that I got to put on my plate myself.

So... no excuses... I should've exercised more control.

So my weight is up a little this morning.

I also did not drink enough over the weekend and let myself get constipated... so I'm a mess today.

Tomorrow will be better.

Food today.... Nature Valley granola bar for BF, homemade bean Soup with ham for lunch... small bowl. We're having leftovers for dinner... turkey meatloaf and veggies.

SF/FF latte this afternoon. Having a small glass of wine and a few tiny cubes of gorgonzola.

TOPS this morning... I was actually down 1 lb since last time we were there... but that was 3 weeks ago. Earl wouldn't go because he's still 9 lb over goal! Stopped to see one of the friends that was on the cruise with us after that. She is in mucho pain.. hip replacement coming up, but not for 6 more weeks. I helped her with computer problems she was having and picked up her formal photos and memory card from the cruise so I could scan/copy all her pictures to my computer.

I guess you didn't really need this run down of my whole entire day, but since I'm on a roll, after lunch we took our 2-3 mile loop down to the lake and back. When we get to Safeway, we're almost home and that's where we usually split! I usually want to go look in some of the stores... just because they're there, and Earl wants to go home. This time, he wanted to go to auto parts and that didn't interest me so I went to Target.

Hope you all had a GREAT DAY!! And now I need to go tend to my farm!

3_11_8.gif

I personally love hearing what you did today - better than me sitting at work - doing work and a little farming :smile:

BF - SB pt bar 140 c - lunch BBQ Ck 4 oz - 1 cup squash

2 - 16.9 oz crystal light 1 - 16.9 oz Water - 16 oz coffee

1 ww cheese stick 50 cal 1 cracker 15 c - Gym in a few - weigh nite - legs - dinner will be my usual fish rice veggeis and maybe a salad instead of veggies..

After gym taking Angel to vet to schedule surgery cuz she's still limping not as bad - but still not normal..

ok gotta jam - I will talk to you all later

Linda - how are you doing with the cake (gotta say white choc has become a fave of mine)

Kari mustn't be that mad at me she's sending me email :w00t:

Karri how did you do today - did you scumb to the devil food/choc - I doubt it :lol:- but thought I would ask :wink:

Just to clarify.... it wasn't so much HOW MUCH Phelps was eating, it's HOW he was eating it... shoveling in these great big humongous bites. His mouth open so wide you could stick a baseball in there! That's what was so disgusting!

Joseph eats like that !!! It's sicking to watch :(

Not choc but I was starving all day and I am in the foulest mood of my life right now. So I am going to eat dinner and then go to the gym for HOURS. Not necessarily to burn calories but I have to blow off some steam. I would go run but it has been thundering, lightning and marble sized hail so I don't think that is a good idea. I want to finish my book and start another one so I am going to go ride the bike for 4-5 hours. That burns about 1200-1500 calories AND gets off my frustation. Basically I am going to bike until I can't keep my eyelids open.

Seriously I don't think I have EVER been this pissed in my life. I almost quit my job today. Just threw my hands up, flipped them off and walked the F out. But I figured that wasn't fair to my students. It was teachers that did it to me today.

Hello ladies, made it through graduation and actually had a good time. We won't talk about how much money I spent. Fortunately my sister and daughters helped out, but by the time I was done I probably spent over $400 for food etc. When did things get so expensive? Part of the money was spent on a new battery for the Beast (my old 1977 crew cab Chevy pickup). I had it all loaded for a dump run and to pick up the shrubs for the stage at graduation and the Beast wouldn't start. It ended up needing a new battery. For the most part I had a nice visit with the family, glad to see my sister go, hard to see my girls go. I didn't even end up crying during graduation. Alexa's dad ended up being a jerk, he drove up from NV on Saturday and left immediately after graduation. He refused to come to the celebration because "he didn't want to be the most hated person there". So Saturday evening he stopped his car in the middle of the road and honked the horn for Alexa to come and get her gift and told her that since SHE couldn't make time for him to go to 'hang out' he was going to leave and not go to graduation. We have been divorced for 15 years and quite frankly he isn't important enough for me to hate, only pisses me off when he messes with the girls. The weather cooperated and it was beautiful and the yard was gorgeous as well. I hope that some of the pictures turned out and can post them on Facebook.< /p>

Anyway, I will weigh tomorrow at school. I did have an alcoholic beverage this weekend and a 1inch cube of carrot cake. Basically as busy as I was I only ate Breakfast and dinner, but I could see how easy it would be for me to slide back into bad eating habit. For the most part I didn't think about food (strange for me) but, the unhealthy food sure went down easy when everything else sticks. Damn, I just remembered that I had a smore also, what a selective memory. Don't we still have another week on the challenge??? I got my mountain bike fixed so I will be riding for exercise.

Janet, I am so sorry about Angel, what a heart break. My babies came from private breeders. Jordan and Simon were free because male doxies are not as desireable as females. Breeder was VERY responsible and lives next to my parents so I was lucky to get them. Molly...well I bought her, not from the same breeder, but from a parent of a student. All the babies had to go to the kennel for the weekend, it was molly's first time. All went well.

Well, I am going to go plant something on the farm, I couldn't plant before the weekend.

CALORIES;CARBS;FAT;PROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg929;136;21;47

MINUTES;CALORIES BURNED Cycling 12-13.9 mph (bicycling, biking, bike riding) 20; 219ft3_remove.gif Walk/Jog > 10 min/mile 20; 164

TOTAL CALS B URNED = 383

Edited by peaches9
punctuation