Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Phyl

Sorry you guys didn't get to the tram... Tomorrow should be good time to go - eveyone back to work...

As far as the eating out goes - it's life - Here's something to do - when you get your food ask for a to go container right away and then box up half your dinner right then and there - that way you won't be tempted to over eat - cuz if food is in front of me even if I am full I will keep picking at it.. A little Pasta isn't going to kill you.. Don't skip your exercise either..

Hope Tracy gets better - who has the baby now or is he with you guy too...

Well, Earl did steaks on the grill tonight, so that was better. I had my 4 oz filet, very small baked potato and some peas.

Tracy going to urgent care clinic first thing in the morning while we are at Water aerobics. Then we'll go to the tram. Earl dug out my nebulizer for her this afternoon and she used that twice. It did help, but she doesn't like to use it because it makes her cough stuff up. But otherwise, she's getting too tight in the chest and will end up with pneumonia. Two little guys are with people who do respite care for DHS. Foster kids are two little black boys, 2 & 3 yrs old. Too much for DD & SIL.. both working full time and kids have been sick several times in the short time they've had them. So they're getting attached, but know they can't do it much longer. Too hard. Tracy has had bronchitis or pneumonia 3X this year. Lifelong battle with asthma and eventually the lungs start to get scarred and compromised and immunity weakens.

Well, Earl did steaks on the grill tonight, so that was better. I had my 4 oz filet, very small baked potato and some peas.

Tracy going to urgent care clinic first thing in the morning while we are at Water aerobics. Then we'll go to the tram. Earl dug out my nebulizer for her this afternoon and she used that twice. It did help, but she doesn't like to use it because it makes her cough stuff up. But otherwise, she's getting too tight in the chest and will end up with pneumonia. Two little guys are with people who do respite care for DHS. Foster kids are two little black boys, 2 & 3 yrs old. Too much for DD & SIL.. both working full time and kids have been sick several times in the short time they've had them. So they're getting attached, but know they can't do it much longer. Too hard. Tracy has had bronchitis or pneumonia 3X this year. Lifelong battle with asthma and eventually the lungs start to get scarred and compromised and immunity weakens.

I could never be a foster parent - I would get attached and it would break my heart to let them go - and also at my age I really don't want the responsiblity of a 2 & 3 yr old - heck Brooke wore me out after just a few days - I just don't have the patience...

My Dad & 2 bros have/had asthma - so I know how that goes... My Dad had his last rites twice when he was 19 & 20...

Well, I don't know what's up but I got on the scales this morning up 3 lbs - guess who is working her butt off this week at the gym... I had a bit of salt last night - so maybe that's it - ya right Janet - wishful thinking - it's those damn Xmas cookie - I am so glad they are gone - but don't know how I have gained 3 lbs in 1 day..

Phyl; your daughter sounds like she has a very BIG heart... bless her for taking in Foster children.

I am like Janet, I would get too attached and NOT be able to let them go.

Janet; You can hound me... you have my permission. I am serious, as this morning I COMMITTED my goals for 2009 to my hubby... I gave him "EARL CONTROL:" over anything I eat... LOL

No sugary junk, no white flour junk, journal ALL my food, allow for evening Snacks 100-150 cals per. Only icecream allowed is McD Low fat cone... so there. that's it... + exercise of course...

Called in SICK today for work, I must be sick cause I don't even feel guilty!

PB's on my oatmeal this noon, so finally got it down 1 hour later.. then onto some tea.

Does everybody get tighter when they have a cold or flu???

This is the first time I've been sick since banding.

Stay warm and keep out of the WINDS today.

love C:tt2:

Phyl; your daughter sounds like she has a very BIG heart... bless her for taking in Foster children.

I am like Janet, I would get too attached and NOT be able to let them go.

Janet; You can hound me... you have my permission. I am serious, as this morning I COMMITTED my goals for 2009 to my hubby... I gave him "EARL CONTROL:" over anything I eat... LOL

No sugary junk, no white flour junk, journal ALL my food, allow for evening Snacks 100-150 cals per. Only icecream allowed is McD Low fat cone... so there. that's it... + exercise of course...

Called in SICK today for work, I must be sick cause I don't even feel guilty!

PB's on my Oatmeal this noon, so finally got it down 1 hour later.. then onto some tea.

Does everybody get tighter when they have a cold or flu???

This is the first time I've been sick since banding.

Stay warm and keep out of the WINDS today.

love C:tt2:

I love it - "Earl" control :huggie::lol:

Are you really sick - or just don't want to go back cuz of all the drama :tongue2:

I haven't been sick - knock on wood since being banded so I can't help there.

It's 64 and sunny here today

64 is cold for me :huggie:

Your plan is a good one - Candice you really can get to goal - it's not that hard once you wean yourself off the sugar :huggie: and get to exercise.

I met a Dr Bobby patient for lunch- she had bypass but still a nice lady :huh2:- we are going to meet once a month for lunch. She had surgery 10/21 lost 41 lbs has 50 something to go - she is worried cuz so many bypass patients gain their weight back - told her - the is not a diet but a lifestyle change... She's from NY - funny wonderful lady.. We went to chineese - shared a half order - between the 2 of us - total bill $8.08 - Way to go...

I love it - "Earl" control :lol::lol:

Are you really sick - or just don't want to go back cuz of all the drama :frown:

I haven't been sick - knock on wood since being banded so I can't help there.

It's 64 and sunny here today

64 is cold for me :wink:

Your plan is a good one - Candice you really can get to goal - it's not that hard once you wean yourself off the sugar :tt1: and get to exercise.

I met a Dr Bobby patient for lunch- she had bypass but still a nice lady :crying:- we are going to meet once a month for lunch. She had surgery 10/21 lost 41 lbs has 50 something to go - she is worried cuz so many bypass patients gain their weight back - told her - the is not a diet but a lifestyle change... She's from NY - funny wonderful lady.. We went to chineese - shared a half order - between the 2 of us - total bill $8.08 - Way to go...

No, hahaha, I really did come down with something... Throat still feels yucky and I've been drinking Echinecha tea all day... I am looking forward to dinner though.

I made chicken breasts sauteed with Spinach and Whole wheat couscous, then I have some leftover Squash casserole too. It'll be good.

I gotta goto work tomorrow...

That By-pass lady from NY is lucky to have you!!! I am jealous of her being able to go out for lunch and See you in person :thumbup:

Where is everybody today???

Tempurature here is above zero today and yesterday... the winds have kicked up and there are a lot of branches down... some trouble with hydro too. But not us, we've not lost power... Tomorrow we are supposed to return to regular low temperatures below zero... :sad:

No, hahaha, I really did come down with something... Throat still feels yucky and I've been drinking Echinecha tea all day... I am looking forward to dinner though.

I made chicken breasts sauteed with Spinach and Whole wheat couscous, then I have some leftover Squash casserole too. It'll be good.

I gotta goto work tomorrow...

That By-pass lady from NY is lucky to have you!!! I am jealous of her being able to go out for lunch and See you in person :tt1:

Where is everybody today???

Tempurature here is above zero today and yesterday... the winds have kicked up and there are a lot of branches down... some trouble with hydro too. But not us, we've not lost power... Tomorrow we are supposed to return to regular low temperatures below zero... :sad:

Now want to be even more jealous - guess who I & Phyl are going to get to see in March hopefully :crying: guess :thumbup:

Linda !!!! I am so jazzed she is coming to Cali to see DS and her and DH are going to come this way - I am just jumping for joy !!! So much so That I think I will take at least 1/2 day off work to spend with her cuz just dinner won't be enought time... Heck may just have to call in sick that day :lol:

Phyl's at the tram or urgent care with DD

Karri should be coming back from Vegas today I think

Don't know where Steph has been Where are you Steph

Kari - is most likely lurking cuz like the rest of us ate to much over the holidays...

Denise has been poping in...

Donna - where are you...

Your dinner sounds good - I have gym tonite - took out fish - had to make xtra xmas Cookies last night for GS & his friend cuz I sent all of them home with DS & DIL cuz I didn't want them in the house - well last night Andrew was bitching that Janelle & him didn't have any - so got this premade dough that I just had to press the cookie cutter into (pillsbury readymade) and made them cookies - when I get home they are going in his room - I am done done done with cookies - I ate 6 last night :eek: I felt like the old me - had one then just had to have another - then another - I am done - done -done..... That's my confession - your unoffical leader has her weak moments too :wink: I am not perfect :sad: and I sorta scared myself:whatchutalkingabout with that behavior :frown:

Oh drat!!! You are making me jealous!!!

But you will have so much fun! That is great news to look forward to.

Some other good news today! My husbands Luggage was finally found and we should be getting back tonight. TUrns out the luggage went to Montreal, then onto Vancouver??? then finally back to Toronto. SHeesh, so I'll post pictures of my trip, provided that the camera is still inside!!!

:> )

Oh drat!!! You are making me jealous!!!

But you will have so much fun! That is great news to look forward to.

Some other good news today! My husbands Luggage was finally found and we should be getting back tonight. TUrns out the luggage went to Montreal, then onto Vancouver??? then finally back to Toronto. SHeesh, so I'll post pictures of my trip, provided that the camera is still inside!!!

:> )

You packed the camera :frown: - Yes God willing it's still there..

Yes I am so looking forward to see her....

Dang, you guys know me so well. But, I didn't really eat too much over the holidays. I just ate all the wrong junk. And, with the crappy weather, holidays and going to the grandkids, I've been to the gym just once in three weeks. Of course, I've tried to compensate with my pedaling. Today, I've pedaled just over three hours for a total of 57 miles. I've pedaled at least an hour and a half a day. I am at the upper end of my five pound plateau:w00t: so my new year's resolution is to lose those last ten pounds. Come the first, I am going to buckle down and DO IT ! ! !

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEIN nt3_totals.jpg817,99,17,

73nu-bgcrn2.gifnu-dailygoal.gif 1,000 - 1,050163 - 23632 - 5660 - 127

o,k,. so I had 817 cals today....

only thing else tonight will be hot tea!

Dang, you guys know me so well. But, I didn't really eat too much over the holidays. I just ate all the wrong junk. And, with the crappy weather, holidays and going to the grandkids, I've been to the gym just once in three weeks. Of course, I've tried to compensate with my pedaling. Today, I've pedaled just over three hours for a total of 57 miles. I've pedaled at least an hour and a half a day. I am at the upper end of my five pound plateau:w00t: so my new year's resolution is to lose those last ten pounds. Come the first, I am going to buckle down and DO IT ! ! !

Good for you Kari, we can do it... if we all pull together!:frown: :crying:

We actually got in late last night and we had a BLAST! We didn't lose or gain anything on gambling so I call it a win! I came back and weighed exactly the same as I did when we left so I will call that a win as well. Now that we are home though all I want to do is eat. I am so frustrated about living here. DH and I are really considering moving somewhere that he would have a better chance of getting a teaching job. The job market here is so tight that when we had a part time math position come up there were 200 applicants for it! So we have been talking about moving to Vegas. Since I have lived there before I now know where to teach and where NOT to teach.

I so hate the town that we live in and the problem is that with all the terrible weather we get and the mountains that we have to get to civilization we are really stuck from about October to April.

Right now we are just talking and looking at opportunities but I have several friends in Vegas so I would be moving somewhere I know.

Well I am going to head for bed pretty soon. I am tired from all the late nights.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

LOL - Yes Kari - after over a year and a half of pouring out hearts and souls to each other - I think we all know each other better than most of the pple in our actual lives do..

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEIN nt3_totals.jpg817,99,17,

73nu-bgcrn2.gifnu-dailygoal.gif 1,000 - 1,050163 - 23632 - 5660 - 127

o,k,. so I had 817 cals today....

only thing else tonight will be hot tea!

Good for you Kari, we can do it... if we all pull together!:party: :blink:

Candice - great on your calories today - tomorrow (or really today )- try for around 1000 - I really find that variing them really keeps your metabolizm going...

We actually got in late last night and we had a BLAST! We didn't lose or gain anything on gambling so I call it a win! I came back and weighed exactly the same as I did when we left so I will call that a win as well. Now that we are home though all I want to do is eat. I am so frustrated about living here. DH and I are really considering moving somewhere that he would have a better chance of getting a teaching job. The job market here is so tight that when we had a part time math position come up there were 200 applicants for it! So we have been talking about moving to Vegas. Since I have lived there before I now know where to teach and where NOT to teach.

I so hate the town that we live in and the problem is that with all the terrible weather we get and the mountains that we have to get to civilization we are really stuck from about October to April.

Right now we are just talking and looking at opportunities but I have several friends in Vegas so I would be moving somewhere I know.

Well I am going to head for bed pretty soon. I am tired from all the late nights.

Karri

Glad you had a good time - came back a winner in both the cash and weight dept.

Moving to Vegas... Well that puts you closer to me - so that really sounds good - it's a 4ish hour drive...

I love that you guys are adventrous - I have lived in Indio all my life - I think it's good to move - and like you said - you now know were to work and what schools to avoid..

I have total faith that you guys will find what right for both of you...

So glad that you had a fabulous time in Vegas... Its one of my favorite U.S. destinations!!!

I havn't been in 10 yrs, but hopefully I may go in Jan09. For a 4 day trek with a GF. Hubby dosn't want to go, hates gambling...

If you move there make sure you have a GUEST bedroom o.k.??? :)

So glad that you had a fabulous time in Vegas... Its one of my favorite U.S. destinations!!!

I havn't been in 10 yrs, but hopefully I may go in Jan09. For a 4 day trek with a GF. Hubby dosn't want to go, hates gambling...

If you move there make sure you have a GUEST bedroom o.k.??? :)

Ya Karri - Tell DH you need a BMIL room :) Tomorrow is your Doc Visit right - you still going??

When in January Candice???? I may just have to drive over and butt in on your good time - but alas I am not a big gamlbler either.