Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

NewCC- I know it's easier said than done, but hang in there! Document everything like Frustrated said, and take your meds, you are likely to feel soon better. Lynette has a very good point also, you should not be so hard on yourself because your dr. is unresponsive. If you lose trust in him you should look for a new one. A patient needs to feel confident in her dr.

Sunny- I have been sleeping a lot also- much more than usual. Luckly I have the whole week off.

Lindaa- how is your family holding up?

Kathy and Chim- hope you are feeling well today and nobody is giving you too much trouble at work.

Good luck to all being banded today ( I am late I know) and tomorrow.

<p>Well tomorrow is the day! </p> <p> I am a bit nervous since I have never even stayed in a hospital. I am at work now and will be leaving around 3:00 pm for Nashville since I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am in the morning.</p> <p>I don't post often (hard enough to keep up) but I am amazed at how often I find myself online to see how everyone is doing. I thought I was going to have to throw some cold Water on you ladies the other night, but then that would be against my nature wouldn't it?</p> <p>I wasn't much interested in the "Aunt Flo" thing until yesterday when she made a visit to my DW and the DW was complaining about having to travel (with me to the hospital) with Aunt Flo. I just smiled inside and said "sorry honey".</p> <p>As men do I had this whole thing worked out logistically, DW would go with me, my daughter would stay with my parents and all the arrangements were made (reservations etc.). Well apparently this had been festering with my Mom for some time as my Dad informed me they will be going with us. He put it into perspective yesterday by asking if it were my daughter would I be there. What could I say to that? The fact that I am 45 doesn't seem to matter. I feel uncomfortable having a crowd go with me. Soon we will need to rent a bus! Had to change hotels as there were not any additional rooms in the original hotel. </p> <p> </p> <p> It is nice to have people who care.</p> <p> </p> <p>Glad everyone is doing well. Sorry Cee is having trouble.</p> <p> </p> <p>Good luck to everyone else up at the plate tomorrow.</p>

Wow, terrible weekend. I called the Dr. 3 times over a 2 hour period just to get him to call me back - and sort of disregard my concern. By Sun. night I had a hard, swollen, red, warm spot the size of my palm (at least) under my large incision. (It looks like I have a pear inserted between my ribs.) ANYWAY, called the Doctor twice last night (answering service) and he never called back. This morning I went to the office. The employees looked at the sore spot and got him on the phone. They called in an antibotic and he will see me tomorrow morning.

I am feeling like this was a bit of a take your money and run deal. If I had been on insurance - would I have gotten better response? Most of us are smart enough to know when something is wrong with our body. Yes, this proceedure is new and different for us, but I knew it wasn't right. They are all claiming that this never happens, he always calls back. Part of my research was checking to see if people who have used him/his group, felt good about them and their follow-up. Maybe it was just a fluke, but I am still regretting the surgery. I should have just sucked it up and lost the weight without the extra tool! Ouch!! Maybe tomorrow I'll see the light!!

Thanks for the encouragement to perservere and see the Doctor! CC

I hope the meds kick in quickly. If you don't get the help from the doctor tomorrow....find a new one. I don't think anyone should have a doc they don't feel comfortable with. I hope you are better asap!

Chris45 Best of luck with your surgery tomorrow! It's great to have a lot of support, even though I know you probably feel a little uncomfortable turning up with your own entourage in tow, lol. It's great that they're so supportive. If it were the opposite way around it would be very discouraging. So don't forget to thank them for being in the way as I think it's far more preferable to being alone. :)

onmyway, I've read up on the shots, but haven't tried them. have you yet, and are they good??

The shots are pretty good IMO. If you buy the cases of them, they only come in one flavor per case. If you have a band buddy who could buy another flavor and then you split so you have a selection, that would be nice. The cases run about $30 for 12 vials. Like I said, they are great for liquid stages as they are a small amount of liquid with a lot of Protein. The 42g. and 25g taste the same, so I stick with the 42g for more boost for my buck! They have orange, fruit punch, grape, and blue raspberry. I think the grape and fruit punch are the best.

Just had my 1 week post op today. Everything went fine. I am healing fine and I am down 13.5 lbs. Not a whole lot considering what I gained from IV fluids but I am still happy to see the scale move. They told me that some people do not lose anything the first 2-3 weeks after surgery because of the fluids and swelling so I am lucky there. I have lost the fluids plus 2 lbs so I am happy with that. Still have 1 more week of Clear Liquids. Today is the start of week 4 of the clear liquids.:faint: I can't wait until next week!!!! I am soooooo tired of these liquids! I had to do 2 weeks pre op of clear liquids and then 2 weeks post op clear liquids and then I more to the mushy stage. :hungry:

Hope everyone else is doing great. Good luck to all that are being banded tomorrow. After tomorrow the lucky 7's will be complete!!!!! HOE EXCITING!!!!

:whoo:

Well I am off for my afternoon nap. :bored Getting it kind of late today because of my afternoon appointment. LOL

Phyl--I was able to buy a bottle of Raseberry flavoring at Starbucks. I probably spent too much on it, but it does make the chocholate shakes drink-able.

Things are going better this week, no more tragedies. Thankfully I am doing well on mushies now, so I have a littlem ore stamina which is good as my sister and her 5 kids will be staying with us next week. Still hungry 2-3 hours after eating--I was hoping to be able to last a little longer than that!

New CC: You have every right to expect the doctor to return your calls promptly. You did the right thing by persisting. You know that you had to do this--sucking it up and losing the weight does working for you or you would have done it before now. I hope you will feeling better soon, and I know that once you do, you will know that you made the right decision.

Wow, terrible weekend. I called the Dr. 3 times over a 2 hour period just to get him to call me back - and sort of disregard my concern. By Sun. night I had a hard, swollen, red, warm spot the size of my palm (at least) under my large incision. (It looks like I have a pear inserted between my ribs.) ANYWAY, called the Doctor twice last night (answering service) and he never called back. This morning I went to the office. The employees looked at the sore spot and got him on the phone. They called in an antibotic and he will see me tomorrow morning.

I am feeling like this was a bit of a take your money and run deal. If I had been on insurance - would I have gotten better response? Most of us are smart enough to know when something is wrong with our body. Yes, this proceedure is new and different for us, but I knew it wasn't right. They are all claiming that this never happens, he always calls back. Part of my research was checking to see if people who have used him/his group, felt good about them and their follow-up. Maybe it was just a fluke, but I am still regretting the surgery. I should have just sucked it up and lost the weight without the extra tool! Ouch!! Maybe tomorrow I'll see the light!!

Thanks for the encouragement to perservere and see the Doctor! CC

NewCC,

Did your doctor prescribe an antibiotic for you to be taking immediately following surgery, too? My doctor did. He prescribed an anti-nausea, pain relief, and antibiotic. I have been taking the antibiotic 3 times a day since surgery!

I am sorry you are having such a hard time with all this. My friend who got the vertigo was really uncomfortable and in a lot of pain immediately following surgery. However, she is nearly 8 months out, 80lbs. down, and she compares it to the experience of having a baby. She says she has already forgotten the pain and discomfort and has no regrets about getting the band.

I hope you are feeling better very soon!

Hello again to everyone. Too many posts going too fast for me to keep up with. This sure is an active group and I'm loving it :whoo: You all are great support!!! Im so glad that I did not have any problems or complications with my surgery or so far, with my recovery. No pain, just soreness. But I find it so interesting how different every Dr's orders and procedures both pre and post op are. I was one that had a 10 day liquid pre op diet. Not to loose but to deplete the glycogen stores.

I remember someone recommending taking pads to the hospital because it was hard to make it to the bathroom. They put a catheter in me in surgery and left it in till just a couple hours before I went home. That was heaven. I also remember a lot of people saying that they had regrets the first few days in the hospital. And I asked myself during the roughest part, did I regret anything and I have to honestly say "At no point have I regreted anything so far"

But I will say that my post op restrictions are way above and beyond what I have heard so far. They are just super careful in this MD office because they "demand" the best. I was on cl liquids the first day. Then full liquids for 2 more weeks. Then advance to pureed food for weeks 3-4. Then finally real food in week 5. I am not allowed to drive for 2 weeks and when I asked when the recommended time to return to work was, they told me 6 weeks off!!:omg: Well, me being a nurse and a little too stubborn to sit around the house for 6 weeks, :bored I told them they had 3 weeks to get me going again because I WAS going back to work in 3 weeks. I didn't tell them that I derived that number from looking at my sick time and PTO time and the max amt of time I had was 3 weeks. But I figured that if you all could go back within 1 week, then I'm sure I can do with 3. I do not work the floor as I have an office job so it's not like I'm lifting patients or anything. The only thing that I wish they could have done that they said no to was I wish they would have used surgical glue instead of staples. Oh well, it cant be all perfect :)

The only bump in the road was a run-in with one of those arragant Doc's who lied on my chart (yes, I got my chart and read it). It was NOT my surgeon. It was a fill-in. But that's OK, I don't think he realized that I am high enough in this hospital organization to know who to speak to about that, and I am going to burn him real good. I can't stand a doctor that gets that attidude with a nurse much less a patient. And if he treated me that way, just exactly how is he treating the other patinets. He will wish he had never been born.

Ok, normally, I am a very nice, compassionate person. Really, I am. But I am a true patient advocate and I am not mad because he did me that way, I can handle him and tell him where to get off. It just makes me mad knowing that he treats other patinets, that may not can stand up for themselves that way. That's why he will rue the day he talked to me the way he did, and then was stupid enough to put it in writing.

Ok, Im done with my rant....I really just got on here to say Hi....But you all are so easy to talk to :D

Grrr...it's thundering like crazy here...no outside walk for me today...:rain:

I'll sign off by saying "Good Luck to Everyone having surgery tomorrow and all who had it today. My prayers are with you" :)

The shots are pretty good IMO. If you buy the cases of them, they only come in one flavor per case. If you have a band buddy who could buy another flavor and then you split so you have a selection, that would be nice. The cases run about $30 for 12 vials. Like I said, they are great for liquid stages as they are a small amount of liquid with a lot of Protein. The 42g. and 25g taste the same, so I stick with the 42g for more boost for my buck! They have orange, fruit punch, grape, and blue raspberry. I think the grape and fruit punch are the best.

OnMyWay where did you say you could buy these? How much liquid do you have to drink to get that many grams of pretein? I am looking for something I dont have to eat or drink alot of to get my protein while i am in this liquid stage. I am having a hard time with after tastes with the Protein Drinks since surgery.

Momma and Sunny,

my day just got so much better, i got an email off one of the guys in the programme 'Miami Ink'

he said its gonna be no problem what so ever to do the tattoo that i want. ahhhhh yeah............

so i'm off to Miami in Nov, ANYONE WANNA JOIN ME??

that email was my silver lining!!!

OnMyWay where did you say you could buy these? How much liquid do you have to drink to get that many grams of pretein? I am looking for something I dont have to eat or drink alot of to get my Protein while i am in this liquid stage. I am having a hard time with after tastes with the protein drinks since surgery.

Actually, I buy mine from either my doctor's office or The Vitamin Shoppe. At the Vitamin Shoppe you can also buy single vials in the different flavors to try them out before you buy the entire cases. Ask for New Whey Protein Shots and they should know what you are talking about. The single vials are in the refrigerated section. I suggest doing that if you can so you don't get stuck with $30 worth of a flavor you don't like. I have a case of the grape. My friend and I are band buddies and we are planning to each buy a case and split them 1/2 and 1/2.

Each vial is only 3 oz. but can have either 25g or 42g of protein! And like I mentioned before, I have tasted both and you can't tell a difference in taste between the 25 and 42. There is no sugar, no fat, only 2 carbs and 176 calories in the 42 gram tubes.

In addition to the Vitamin Shoppe, you can purchase online at several places. Type in a search for New whey.< /p>

Here are some links:

I know I didn't exactly have a whole lot to get here, but this morning I dropped under 300, weighing in at 299!!! I just pray I will never see the 300's again now that I am out. My next exciting milestone will be 285, which was my weight right after both of my pregnancies. Even better will be when I hit 250 again, my pre-babies weight! I know I need to lay off of the scale obsession, but I am so happy I weighed this morning!

OnMyWay thanks for the info. I ordered a couple single shots to try them out. I found them on ebay. I think I can muster through with these. Not that much to drink.:) I like that part of it. Thanks for all the info!!!