Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

36_35_8.gifOH-H-H-H I'm gonna be hurtn' tomorrow. Got up this morning, pedaled my bike for 70 minutes.......got dressed and went to the gym. 35 minutes on resistance machines..........then 35 minutes on the treadmill (2.9mph, incline 1-4). Then tonight, I climbed back on my bike (had to finish my book) and pedaled another 70 minutes. Then, would you believe, I went into the kitchen to get a bottle of Water, and ended up eating three oatmeal Cookies, (and they weren't even homemade)

Breakfast - one pop tart 210 calories

Lunch - chicken (with egg) salad sandwich ???calories

Snack - 1 cherry 7-up 150 calories

Dinner - baked chicken lean cuisine 220 calories.

snack - 3 oatmeal cookies ???calories

3 1/2 bottles of water

Would have done really good and wouldn't have minded all the aches and pains in the morning if I hadn't eaten those two Snacks. Tomorrow's another day. Gotta do better.

Janet - what did you finally decide to wear for your commercial? I can't wait to see it.

Steph -23_32_7.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZSYYYYYYNWUS

Kari - you did a hell of alot of exercise - WTG girl - and your Cookies max 100 each - so you had 880 for the day - and the exercise - you will be ok

Heck all I have had today was that cin pecan yummy Protein Bar 160 calories 15 pt and soy sour cream onion Protein snack 120 15 pt and oh these Great Cinimamon calcium citrate chewables - they are really really good Bariatric Advantage is the brand - and 1 watermelon lapband chewable vititman - so so far 280 calories 30 grms pt - but I am having a taco (fried :( with beef not turkey) and some Beans - both will have real cheese so my taco will be about 350 - 400 - beans 150 so let's go high that will give me a total of 830 - and I will have a sherbert 110 and somehting else almonds 170 - so by the end of the night I will have had 1110 + juice 40 - heck say 1200

Here's a pic of what I wore and the before pic I gave them that I think they are using???

I am tired - I had gym tonite and was all wound up from the commercial - so I am off to eat - I will talk to you all tomorrow..

Sweet Dreams - Hugs & Love Janet

Well here I am back again. :smile2:

Monday was a bad day. Bad food choices, bad mood, bad everything. I didn't keep track of my food. Tuesday was kinda bad. I wanted to make good choices but my band wouldn't let me get too much down. I only managed a total of 536 cals.

Today was a much better day.

Total cals = 973

Carbs = 126g

Fat = 28g

Protein = 56g

Water = 16oz :mad:

I'm still struggling to get my totals up in the range I need. It would help if I was able to eat earlier in the day and didn't have to try and cram it all in at night. Sometimes I'm not even able to get any Breakfast in until around 11. And then it's typically just a Protein Shake. I did get oatmeal in one day. I should try that again.

Yes Steph, I've tried a lot of different "remedies" for TOM. I actually find when I'm grumpy for a couple of days before he arrives it means I'm going to have a cramp-free period. When I'm not grumpy I suffer more physically. I don't like being in a bad mood, but I prefer it to being in pain. :smile:

Right now I'm tired. I went to the gym tonight and tried out a new stepping machine. This one is sort of a cross between a stepper and an elliptical so it's not so hard on my knee. I liked it. A lot. But because I didn't drink enough water today, I have a dehydration headache, so I'm going to try and get a couple more glasses in before heading off to bed.

Gonna crash on the couch for a bit. See you all tomorrow. It's good to be back. :lol: Even though I didn't go anywhere. :(:laugh:

Oh my goodness Kari! You make my body hurt just reading what you wrote. Are you trying to kill yourself? I'd say good for you, but it hurts too much.

As for kicking yourself for the snacks....I wouldn't say GOOD job, but when you use that much of your bodies fuel for exercise, you should expect your body to crave. I'd say over 3 hours of exercise compensates for the cookies....as for the soda...I'd say shame on you but I indulged a week ago in one of my own. Try not to do that again.

Thanks for all the good thoughts everyone. I do appreciate them.

Janet, I can't wait to see the commercial and I am also dying to know what you decided to wear. You are now the official Lucky 7 celebrity! I bet you feel special!!!! I'm sure you did spectacular.

Gonna run. I'll talk to you all later. Hurt my back jumping on the trampoline with the kiddos and need to lie down.

Good Morning Gang....

How's everyone this morning??

Ruby I hope you are feeling better - I am glad I don't have TOM any longer - I remember the pms - I would get very mean for a while - then I got to where I got really lovie dovie - I would tell my x - i love you - he would say - Oh it must be that time of the month and sure enough it was.. I hated the mean part - I would just shut myself up in my room - it was best for me not to be around pple..

Steph - look up a couple post - I posted pic of what I wore - On Ruby's suggestion/advice I went with the White pants to show confidence !!!!

Ruby I think you would make a great personal shopper..

As for the soda - I will have on about once a month - I have to pour it in a glass then into another one back and forth to get it a little flat - I find that if I am hungry in between meals that it's a good filler upper - I usually have diet - but sometimes it will be a regular:scared2: - But gotta say my weight is staying stable 142-145 - So I'm cool with my food choices.

Last night ate my whole taco 1/2 my Beans (1/4) - sherber & juice - so my calories were low yesterday. I will most likely make up today what I lacked yesterday :cool2:... We will see - for some reason I woke up on the blue side today - don't know why - can't complain about anything - just a little blah... I think I am tired - I got tons to do today at work - 10/1 renewals are a botch... Well, I better get to it - will ck back later ;)

Janet, I saw your pics after I posted. You must have been posting while I was busy figuring what I wanted to say. You looked wonderful. I'm with Ruby, the white pants looked wonderful...and the blue top was much softer than that black. It looked wonderful on you. I really can't wait to see the commercial.

On the soda issue, it isn't the cals that I worry about. I always drank diet before. And now I have soda in my mixed drinks. It's the idea that the carbonation could damage my stomach. I know there are different thoughts/approaches/guidelines on that, but I just don't want to chance it.

I am very stressed out today. Maybe it's just what is going around. I really shouldn't be stressed. I have NO reason. I wish I could have one. Maybe it will get better. I hope so. But....my point....I'm with you Ruby, I'm with you Janet....and this too shall pass.

I'm feeling like I want to stop thinking about my band. I want foodd to no longer be my focus of every waking thought. I want to go back to being "normal." When I was fat, I didn't really think about food and my weight constantly. Now it seems to be the only thing that is in my head. My size, what I ate, have I drank enough, when is weigh in, what will my weigh in hold for me, dod I look good enough in this outfit that people won't stsart talking about me faultering. It's just crazy. I'm tired of it all. But...that's just my feeling for today. It will pass. I'm sure. But it might be a tough issue for me today.

Okay...I'm off.

Good Morning!!!23_9_10.gif

Took two tylenol before bed last night. I wasn't sore this morning. Pedaled this morning for 75 minutes and no gym today. Gonna hit the stores this afternoon. 15_8_8.gifThe weather is getting too cold here to wear shorts. I hate shopping. Well, the fat me did. Maybe the slimmer me will like it again. Who knows? we'll see.

Janet - Loved what you chose to wear. :cool2: If they don't use your before and after......they need their heads examined. You look fantastic.

Ruby -23_50_3.gif

Well, it's almost afternoon, so I'd better go hop in the shower and get dressed. And make lunch. I boiled up two eggs.....gonna chop them up, add some relish and mayo. Egg salad, no bread. I really like that and fills me up.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZSYYYYYYNWUS

I'm feeling like I want to stop thinking about my band. I want foodd to no longer be my focus of every waking thought. I want to go back to being "normal." When I was fat, I didn't really think about food and my weight constantly. Now it seems to be the only thing that is in my head. My size, what I ate, have I drank enough, when is weigh in, what will my weigh in hold for me, dod I look good enough in this outfit that people won't stsart talking about me faultering. It's just crazy. I'm tired of it all. But...that's just my feeling for today. It will pass. I'm sure. But it might be a tough issue for me today.

Okay...I'm off.

My other post this morning has disappeared somewhere. Sometimes it's like putting socks in the dryer. :laugh:

Steph, I feel like you do from time to time as well. I get tired of trying to keep on track, of trying to divide up my calories, of trying to think of alternatives when something doesn't work. It just goes on and on. Living the fat life was easy.

But I did discover when I took the time off over the summer, that you CAN relax. I just need to work hard to get to the point where I don't have to continually think about my band. It will always be there and I should always be accountable to it, but I shouldn't have to think about it 24/7. That's what I'm working towards. I think once I get to my goal weight it will be more of a weekly check for me. Have I eaten right this week? Do my clothes still fit the same? Is the scale still in a good place?

At the moment E-V-E-R-Y S-I-N-G-L-E T-H-I-N-G I put in my mouth has to be counted. And counted before I even consider it. We'll get there. We get closer and closer every day.

Janet - loved your choice for the ad. I hope we all get to see it. It probably won't go to air anywhere else but your local area, but maybe you can find someone to put it up on youtube for us so we can all oooohhh and aaaaahhh over you. :laugh:

As for being a personal shopper. No thank you. I don't like shopping. ;) But what I do like to do is be critical. :cool2: :lol: But speaking of shopping, I need to do some more soon. I don't like my baggy jeans. I felt confident when they fit me well and thought I looked good. Now that they hang it's not so good. :tt2: So perhaps this weekend I'll pick up a couple of pairs of jeans. Something cheap. Maybe a couple of $10 somethings from Ross or Marshalls. :eek:

Ruby -23_50_3.gif

Well, it's almost afternoon, so I'd better go hop in the shower and get dressed. And make lunch. I boiled up two eggs.....gonna chop them up, add some relish and mayo. Egg salad, no bread. I really like that and fills me up.

You snuck in before me. :cool2: We must be sharing the same brain today. I have some eggs on the stove at the moment, boiling up for egg salad later in the day. I put extra in the pan to keep them in a plastic container in the fridge for when I'm foraging around for a snack in the next few days.

Ruby, you should get some pants that fit. It is so nice to look in the mirror and say to your reflection, "Damn! You look good!" I have to admit I've become a little vain in that respect. I like what I look like in clothes. Most of the time I can't believe it's ME, but I am proud of how I look.

As far as the being tired...it's because I obsess. I think I may be related to "Monk" in that respect. I just can't let this go...even for 10 minutes. It's more than I DO think about it, it's that I CAN'T not. Frustrating.

Okay....off again. Talk to you all in a little while.

Well, took DH and headed for the outlet mall this afternoon. Started at Liz Claiborne, thinking I could find something for my HS reunion next week-end. Business Casual.....something classy. Nothing there, Then went to Lane Bryant. Size 14 pants were too big all over. Did find a cute sweater though that is perfect for the reunion. Then I hit the jackpot at VanHeusens. Ended up buying two pair of dress pants that fit just the way Stacy and Clinton say they should. Two more sweaters and three t-shirts. Then went to Wallyworld and got a couple more tops and a pair of shoes. DD also gave me two pair of jeans today. Old Navy, size 12. Wahoo!!! Well, I should have enough clothes to wear till I hit goal. Then it will be back to the stores and start over. I still hate shopping but I did enjoy myself a little.:w00t:

I have just briefly read through the pages and tried to catch up but I feel like I am trying to catch up EVERYWHERE! Work, home, running, LBT. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed right now. As I sit here crying. I know that I should probably up my meds right now but am resistant to it. My doc has given me permission to play around with the dosage as she says that I am the one that knows my body better. I am almost totally off of it (I only take 25 mg every other day) but I am thinking that I should probably go back to 25 every day. I know this week is tough though with the family issues so hopefully it will pass. My weight is all over the place. This morning (while not an official weigh in day) is up 5 pounds. I have kept track of everything that I have eaten and there is no way that I could have actually gained weight. The calories are hovering between 900-1100. I think it is Water weight but it is not that time of the month. I think it is stress and lack of sleep. I haven't had one night of sleep in the last 1.5 weeks that was more than 5 hours. So for any of you struggling to lose weight...check your sleep times!! I know that I normally would lose slower if I wasn't getting as much sleep. Probably the reason that I was losing so fast at the end of last year was that I actually was getting 8 hours of sleep!! Not so much right now. However at the same time, I haven't had a moment to go to the gym. We are in the middle of developing new programs at work and I am co-chair of the sophomore core class curriculum and we have had a meeting everyday this week (except when I was gone on Monday with the funeral). Then last night I ran (literaly) from the meeting in the main office to the gym and kept score for the volleyball game and by the time I got home DH was already in bed. I have seen him for a total of about 4 hours this entire week. Our house is a DISASTER. If company showed up unexpectedly I would probably die from embarrasement. I just can't keep up with it.

Steph - I totally understand the need to not want to think about food all the time and have it control every waking thought. I am still not there...and I don't know that I will be. When I did stop thinking about food constantly I ended up putting on 11 pounds. Now a lot of that could be attributed to the meds that they had me on and the fact that I didn't give a crap about anything but it still is frustrating.

Well I have an observation today at work and I am so stinking far behind so I had best get going. I just didn't want you all to think that I had fallen off the face of the earth again. I am going to try to get totally caught up by Sunday so that life can return to a sense of normalcy. I have the Crooked River Ranch Run tomorrow. I was supposed to be running in the 5 mile event at the Portland marathon but our monthly teacher PARTY!!! is this weekend so instead we made up our own run for me. DH is dropping me off 5 miles from the house where the party is being held and I am running there. That way I am the only participant and therefore winner!!! The only requirment was that since I was using their shower when I get there that I had to bring them extra homemade spinach dip...I swear the hosts of this party will find any excuse to get more spinach dip!!

Talk to you later,

Karri

Good morning ladies!!!

Karri, I was startingto wonder about you. I am glad to see you back. I wish you weren't so overwhelmed, but glad it isn't another round of depression keeping you away. I love the idea of your own run and you get to be the winner! That is beyond awesome. I'm sorry you are feeling so behind. If it helps, my house is always a mess and I'm here all day every day.

Yesterday was not a great food day as I made bad choices. I'm still tight. I just don't get it. I am .4 lower than I was when I went to MoA and I'm still getting incredibly stuck. How can I be tighter now than then? I've lost weight so there should be less fat around my stomach so it should be LOOSER shouldn't it? Who knows. Whatever is happening I think it is weird.

I think we're having a bbq tonight. The last one of the season probably. It's supposed to be beautiful. We got a new grill last night and I guess I will be christening it. Going to have a little of this and a little of that again like I did last time. I have some new york strips, some pineapple bacon sausages, I'll try some more scallops, and some burgers. I'm not sure what else I will have but I'm sure it will be yummy, whatever it is. Maybe some grilled potatoes and corn on the cob. We'll see. I don't know how many people Jeff invited so I don't have any idea how much food to cook. Good thing I have all day to figure it out.

I'll talk to you ladies later. Have a great day.

Hi Everyone. I've bben away for awhile so I'm reading thrpugh a few posts here and there but there's no way I'll be able to read 2 months of missed posts so I'll only put my 2 cents in here and there. I've been struggling with the same 10 lbs over the last couple of months and I think I may have finally broken through to the "2 hundred teens". I'm not changing my weight though on my ticker until next week because I'm on the rag and I know that it can add lbs in terms of Water retention.

Kiraj

You did a phenomenal job with your exercise. Those 3 oatmeal Cookies and the soda had to have been cancelled out by all that time you spent on the bike.

You know what's odd? I only have trouble with food getting stuck when I eat the 1st 2 or 3 bites of a hard Protein while I'm rushing and super hungry but I can't tolerate soda at all. Even a couple of sips of soda make me ache in a terrible way after a minute or so. What's that about?.

Hey gang - I only posted here yesterday morning :thumbup: Well super busy at work and then last night colored hair when I got home (I think I am going back to coloring my own I don't like the color she has my base at - heck I can save 34 -8= $26 + tip ) and then watched the debates - then bed..

Sorry Phyl Palin bugs the crap out of me "Gosh Darn It - Wink Wink" I don't like cutesyt women and how she plantatly avoided 2 questions...

Well, took DH and headed for the outlet mall this afternoon. Started at Liz Claiborne, thinking I could find something for my HS reunion next week-end. Business Casual.....something classy. Nothing there, Then went to Lane Bryant. Size 14 pants were too big all over. Did find a cute sweater though that is perfect for the reunion. Then I hit the jackpot at VanHeusens. Ended up buying two pair of dress pants that fit just the way Stacy and Clinton say they should. Two more sweaters and three t-shirts. Then went to Wallyworld and got a couple more tops and a pair of shoes. DD also gave me two pair of jeans today. Old Navy, size 12. Wahoo!!! Well, I should have enough clothes to wear till I hit goal. Then it will be back to the stores and start over. I still hate shopping but I did enjoy myself a little.:)

Congrats Kari - and dear girl keep that small little butt out of lane bryant - you don't belong there anymore - you get to shop in the regular stores now... No more BBW stores for you...

I am glad that you found things that made you feel good - like stacy and clinton had dressed you -That right there is a great boost to your confidence...

Glad you are getting a little more comfortable with shopping - we are going to have to watch out for you once you get to goal - I bet you become a bigger shopper than me & Steph (I think me & her are our 2 biggest shoppers)

I have just briefly read through the pages and tried to catch up but I feel like I am trying to catch up EVERYWHERE! Work, home, running, LBT. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed right now. As I sit here crying. I know that I should probably up my meds right now but am resistant to it. My doc has given me permission to play around with the dosage as she says that I am the one that knows my body better. I am almost totally off of it (I only take 25 mg every other day) but I am thinking that I should probably go back to 25 every day. I know this week is tough though with the family issues so hopefully it will pass. My weight is all over the place. This morning (while not an official weigh in day) is up 5 pounds. I have kept track of everything that I have eaten and there is no way that I could have actually gained weight. The calories are hovering between 900-1100. I think it is Water weight but it is not that time of the month. I think it is stress and lack of sleep. I haven't had one night of sleep in the last 1.5 weeks that was more than 5 hours. So for any of you struggling to lose weight...check your sleep times!! I know that I normally would lose slower if I wasn't getting as much sleep. Probably the reason that I was losing so fast at the end of last year was that I actually was getting 8 hours of sleep!! Not so much right now. However at the same time, I haven't had a moment to go to the gym. We are in the middle of developing new programs at work and I am co-chair of the sophomore core class curriculum and we have had a meeting everyday this week (except when I was gone on Monday with the funeral). Then last night I ran (literaly) from the meeting in the main office to the gym and kept score for the volleyball game and by the time I got home DH was already in bed. I have seen him for a total of about 4 hours this entire week. Our house is a DISASTER. If company showed up unexpectedly I would probably die from embarrasement. I just can't keep up with it.

Steph - I totally understand the need to not want to think about food all the time and have it control every waking thought. I am still not there...and I don't know that I will be. When I did stop thinking about food constantly I ended up putting on 11 pounds. Now a lot of that could be attributed to the meds that they had me on and the fact that I didn't give a crap about anything but it still is frustrating.

Well I have an observation today at work and I am so stinking far behind so I had best get going. I just didn't want you all to think that I had fallen off the face of the earth again. I am going to try to get totally caught up by Sunday so that life can return to a sense of normalcy. I have the Crooked River Ranch Run tomorrow. I was supposed to be running in the 5 mile event at the Portland marathon but our monthly teacher PARTY!!! is this weekend so instead we made up our own run for me. DH is dropping me off 5 miles from the house where the party is being held and I am running there. That way I am the only participant and therefore winner!!! The only requirment was that since I was using their shower when I get there that I had to bring them extra homemade spinach dip...I swear the hosts of this party will find any excuse to get more spinach dip!!

Talk to you later,

Karri

Karri - I wasn't to worried I figured you had a lot of family crap going on besides everyday life... Let me be the 1st one to Congratulate you on winning your race tomorrow - that's to freaking funny - but love the thinking :thumbup:

I guess I am lucky and don't have any great obessiion issues - I don't think about it too much except when I am hungry and then I have a well stocked pantry & fridge with good food choices - so I am cool in that departmnt - but have me go out an eat and I will want to order with my old brain by amount and type of food - I don't eat a salad at a mex restruant - I have a taco or enchillda - cuz I don't eat bad at home..

Good morning ladies!!!

Karri, I was startingto wonder about you. I am glad to see you back. I wish you weren't so overwhelmed, but glad it isn't another round of depression keeping you away. I love the idea of your own run and you get to be the winner! That is beyond awesome. I'm sorry you are feeling so behind. If it helps, my house is always a mess and I'm here all day every day.

Yesterday was not a great food day as I made bad choices. I'm still tight. I just don't get it. I am .4 lower than I was when I went to MoA and I'm still getting incredibly stuck. How can I be tighter now than then? I've lost weight so there should be less fat around my stomach so it should be LOOSER shouldn't it? Who knows. Whatever is happening I think it is weird.

I think we're having a bbq tonight. The last one of the season probably. It's supposed to be beautiful. We got a new grill last night and I guess I will be christening it. Going to have a little of this and a little of that again like I did last time. I have some new york strips, some pineapple bacon sausages, I'll try some more scallops, and some burgers. I'm not sure what else I will have but I'm sure it will be yummy, whatever it is. Maybe some grilled potatoes and corn on the cob. We'll see. I don't know how many people Jeff invited so I don't have any idea how much food to cook. Good thing I have all day to figure it out.

I'll talk to you ladies later. Have a great day.

Steph hope your bbq goes well - I haven't had a fill since Januray and I have lost what 30 -40 lbs since then - I will have to ck my ticker - but I don't need anything added - once you hit your sweet spot an only have a little bit to lose your inner fat is gone :biggrin:

Hi Everyone. I've bben away for awhile so I'm reading thrpugh a few posts here and there but there's no way I'll be able to read 2 months of missed posts so I'll only put my 2 cents in here and there. I've been struggling with the same 10 lbs over the last couple of months and I think I may have finally broken through to the "2 hundred teens". I'm not changing my weight though on my ticker until next week because I'm on the rag and I know that it can add lbs in terms of water retention.

Kiraj

You did a phenomenal job with your exercise. Those 3 oatmeal Cookies and the soda had to have been cancelled out by all that time you spent on the bike.

You know what's odd? I only have trouble with food getting stuck when I eat the 1st 2 or 3 bites of a hard Protein while I'm rushing and super hungry but I can't tolerate soda at all. Even a couple of sips of soda make me ache in a terrible way after a minute or so. What's that about?.

Ssanokfa - I have to let the soda get mostly flat - I pour it into a glass - then into another glass - back and forth until most of the foam is gone.. then little sips - I will use it to fill me up every now and then when I am hungry cuz even on the flat side it does give you that full feeling and you have to take tiny sips I do this like maybe once a month but most likely ever other month - I don't really keep track - I was never a big soda drnker to begin with

Congrats on your breakthru...