Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Tonight my husband and I walked to dinner. It was about 2 1/2 miles we ate salad and split lasagna. I took about 4 bites and then was full. We then walked home. I am trying to kick up my exercise. Tomorrow I plan on walking at least 6 miles. I am on vacation this week so want to get some good workouts in. I joined Curves this past week doing a 30 day Avon study. I am also seeing my personal trainer. I will be at goal with the rest of you sometime this year.

Riberity - Congrats on exercising more - yep when I am on vacation it's the 1st thing i do in the mornings - I love it - if i didn't have to work I would be at the gym every morning 5 or 6 days a week...

I didn't call it Saturday when I stepped on the scale (DH had to give it back per plastic surgeon orders), but I saw it again yesterday and then again this morning. 145!!!

OMG! I am not longer overweight. OMG!!! I am excited and frustrated all at the same time. I can't eat any more food!!! I have been terrible about getting my calories in. I have been under for the last 3 days, but I am just not hungry. I get stuck really easily if I eat when I am not hungry. Yes...you can still get stuck, pb and slime when you are completely unfilled...or at least I can.

I just had to share my news...I am over the top excited. I wasn't even trying to get to this weight until after surgery.

:thumbup:CONGRATULATIONS:thumbup:

:grouphug: MRS NORMAL BMI :lol:

THAT IS JUST SO FANTASTIC

YOU HAVE DONE THE WORK BE PROUD...

Hi everyone,

I know I've deserted you. I've been struggling for the last month. I maybe lost 2 pounds. I really need to get back on track and lose the last 15. I'm just dealing with a lot of emotions about all the changes in my life. Then I look at myself and see all the loose, saggy skin, and I don't think that looks any better than when it was firmly filled with fat. As for my health, I still have to take all my meds that I took before plus my sleep study indicated that I still need CPAP! Now I am afraid that the constant reflux isn't going to be a good thing in the long run, not to mention the almost constant discomfort it causes

My babies are growing up and making their own decisions--not always the best. I've spent a lot of time alone the last month remembering summers taking them all to baseball, gymnastics, judo classes, soccer practice and the beach. That's all gone now, and I don't know what to do. I'm glad we have our trip planned.

I need some "girlfriend" time. Janet, you look fabulous, and Phyl--you've changed so much since last summer! You both seem to have such good attitudes. I am looking forward to meeting you in person!

I do have a picture of my family from that I could post, but I'm afraid to mess it up. I will try posting it on the Progress Picture Brag. Thread.

Linda yep we were a little concerned about you... 2 lbs is good you have lost alot this last yr and have to expect it to slow some.

I am really happy that you are still coming to the M of A trip - Yes you need some grownup time.

I guess I am lucky to have developed my own life and not as wrapped up in my kids as alot of pple are - maybe it's cuz I was so young when I had mine - and then getting gs - I am sorta done with kids - I want time for me and what I want to do - that's what growing up is about for me.. Ya I will be there in a heart beat for the kids - but it's my time now and I totally get it that you don't always agree with their decisions - but it's their life - just like our parents didn't always agree with ours - but we still did it..

Yep you need us... We are here for you never forget that. I have a gf just like you - her whole identity is wrapped up in her kids who are 25 & 27 who still live at home. I try and tell her even mommy birds kick their babies out after awhile - that they have to learn to fly on their own eventually :redface: - I hope I am not coming off like a cold heart "B" cuz I really not.. It's just that I think there comes a time in our lives when it should be about us...

Ok back to work - will CBL :biggrin:

Hi everyone,

I know I've deserted you. I've been struggling for the last month. I maybe lost 2 pounds. I really need to get back on track and lose the last 15. I'm just dealing with a lot of emotions about all the changes in my life. Then I look at myself and see all the loose, saggy skin, and I don't think that looks any better than when it was firmly filled with fat. As for my health, I still have to take all my meds that I took before plus my sleep study indicated that I still need CPAP! Now I am afraid that the constant reflux isn't going to be a good thing in the long run, not to mention the almost constant discomfort it causes

My babies are growing up and making their own decisions--not always the best. I've spent a lot of time alone the last month remembering summers taking them all to baseball, gymnastics, judo classes, soccer practice and the beach. That's all gone now, and I don't know what to do. I'm glad we have our trip planned. I need some "girlfriend" time. Janet, you look fabulous, and Phyl--you've changed so much since last summer! You both seem to have such good attitudes. I am looking forward to meeting you in person!

I do have a picture of my family from that I could post, but I'm afraid to mess it up. I will try posting it on the Progress Picture Brag. Thread.

First of all, don't get discouraged about your weight loss! You've done so well! You're entitled to a slow month! I only lost 1/2 lb the whole month of May, but with one more week of June left I'm down 6 1/2 lb for the month so far. It's the pattern I've followed for quite a few months.

As for the "kids are growing up" emotions, I remember going through that and it wasn't pretty for me either! I started getting depressed about 2 mos before our oldest turned 18. I had their childhood photos all up and down the walls of this long hallway we had and I couldn't make it down the hall without bawling for a while there! It was several months of a lot of tears before I got a grip! I think those late teen, early 20's years are very tough to get through because they want to be independent and show that they don't need you and that's just how you end up feeling.. unwanted and not needed! But, then, suddenly you realize that you have this whole new grown up relationship with them and it's as rich as those childhood years. When our oldest son was going through that pulling away phase, I remember him constantly complaining about what I cooked! Seems I couldn't cook anything right and certainly not anything HE liked!! So, guess what??? He married his HS sweetheart very young.. they both were a few weeks away from their 19th birthdays. And he was in the Navy then, too, so they were living in Florida. And this person who didn't cook anything right started getting these frequent phone calls, "will you tell Kellie how to cook _____?" And my recipes were suddenly in great demand! Go figure!!

Bottom line.... you'll get through it, and then it will get even better, and then the grandchildren will start arriving and you can start over again. And now pardon me while I go change a diaper!! That part we can live without, right??!! :):eek: Especially 2 1/2 yr old's diaper changes!

Thanks Densie

I bet you were cussing up a storm :blink: - I got in mine this morning for about 1 1/2 but i get bored trying to sun myself and reading in the pool isn't really very easy -

You gotta wait 6 weeks til you can get back in it ?? Just think how cute youare going to look with your new girls :crying:

Ok it's 8:26 - off to the couch - see ya'll in the morning

coxoxox

Janet

Hey Janet;; She's back!!!! Linda that is YEAH~~~

I didn't call it Saturday when I stepped on the scale (DH had to give it back per plastic surgeon orders), but I saw it again yesterday and then again this morning. 145!!!

OMG! I am not longer overweight. OMG!!! I am excited and frustrated all at the same time. I can't eat any more food!!! I have been terrible about getting my calories in. I have been under for the last 3 days, but I am just not hungry. I get stuck really easily if I eat when I am not hungry. Yes...you can still get stuck, pb and slime when you are completely unfilled...or at least I can.

I just had to share my news...I am over the top excited. I wasn't even trying to get to this weight until after surgery.

Way to go, you are looling hot, hot, hot

Hi everyone,

We've missed you!

My babies are growing up and making their own decisions--not always the best. I've spent a lot of time alone the last month remembering summers taking them all to baseball, gymnastics, judo classes, soccer practice and the beach. That's all gone now, and I don't know what to do. I'm glad we have our trip planned. I need some "girlfriend" time. Janet, you look fabulous, and Phyl--you've changed so much since last summer! You both seem to have such good attitudes. I am looking forward to meeting you in person!

First of all, don't get discouraged about your weight loss! You've done so well! You're entitled to a slow month! I only lost 1/2 lb the whole month of May, but with one more week of June left I'm down 6 1/2 lb for the month so far. It's the pattern I've followed for quite a few months.

As for the "kids are growing up" emotions, I remember going through that and it wasn't pretty for me either! I started getting depressed about 2 mos before our oldest turned 18. I had their childhood photos all up and down the walls of this long hallway we had and I couldn't make it down the hall without bawling for a while there! It was several months of a lot of tears before I got a grip! I think those late teen, early 20's years are very tough to get through because they want to be independent and show that they don't need you and that's just how you end up feeling.. unwanted and not needed! But, then, suddenly you realize that you have this whole new grown up relationship with them and it's as rich as those childhood years. When our oldest son was going through that pulling away phase, I remember him constantly complaining about what I cooked! Seems I couldn't cook anything right and certainly not anything HE liked!! So, guess what??? He married his HS sweetheart very young.. they both were a few weeks away from their 19th birthdays. And he was in the Navy then, too, so they were living in Florida. And this person who didn't cook anything right started getting these frequent phone calls, "will you tell Kellie how to cook _____?" And my recipes were suddenly in great demand! Go figure!!

Bottom line.... you'll get through it, and then it will get even better, and then the grandchildren will start arriving and you can start over again. And now pardon me while I go change a diaper!! That part we can live without, right??!! :lol::eek: Especially 2 1/2 yr old's diaper changes!

I am going to sound like a broken record after Phyl's message...

I was very depressed too when my Daughter left home for Europe, and then onto University. The first 2 weeks she was gone all I did was strip wallpaper and paint...

I had the whole lower floor of our house redecorated by the time she got home from France.

Then at University, she was only 50 km away and and sometimes would come home for weekends but it was still aweful!

My only child and I had "empty nest syndrome"... like Phyl says... not pretty.

I'd ask my husband, how come you are o.k.??? Don't you miss her??? Are you heartless and cold???

Dh (being the wise one) says to me. Look what did we plan on doing for the last 18 yrs? Raising a social invalid??? We did a good job if she is independant, smart, going to school, living on her own, working putting herself thru University... what more could you want???

He was right... we don't possess our children, we are stewards of them until they take their place in the world.. its "our" gift to future generations...

Hugs Linda, I know it hurts:crying:

Empty nest - is just another rite of passage - another learning experience..

We never stop learning or growing (well in our case shrinking:lol::blink:)

My trainer is back WHOOPEE - he was gone last week and I really miss him - he putting together a progarm on motivational speaking (he would be great - he is a tough love kinda person like me) and he is going to use me or my brain in his program - well I should say I will be advising him on how fat chick's think and may even be in his program - I LOVE Idrise (that his name) I am a little scared - cuz it will be like talking to a shrink - exposuing your true self and it's ok to do it to other women - but to a man it's a little diff and I know that I will cry when we talk about emontional eating and I will be ashamed but he could help so many other women in getting their shit together. As I say ALL the time most of our battles are with head issues not physical ones..

Well, we will see where it goes - we are just throwing around ideas right now..

But it is really nice to have a man give you his point of view on how us women think that men are thinking about us..

I was telling him that some guy was smiling at me last week and I asked my partner if she knew the guy - cuz I didn't - I told Idrise I didn't know how to act - He said guys find it attractive to see a women working out.

Well, as I have said a million times before I love my trainer - but you all will excuse me for repeating myself I'm in that certain age bracket where that happens:lol:

Hi,

I'm just posting to see if my signature changed. No change in my weight in 5 months. Hoping to see results soon.

Do you need another fill??

Where is everyone this morning??

It's a beautiful, sunny day~~!! Hooray!!

In fact, if the weatherman is right,

3_2_124.gif

we should have a beautiful WEEK!!

It's about time we had some nice summer weather!

Hope you're all having a GREAT morning!

16_6_1v.gif

Hi,

I'm just posting to see if my signature changed. No change in my weight in 5 months. Hoping to see results soon.

What's up - Like Phyl says do you need a fill - what are you eating and are you exercising. What's going on with you - We are here for you - we are your support group - What can we do to help you get over this bump in the road...

Gahhh...you can take your hot weather....and mine too. It is supposed to be 95 degrees on the day that I run the half-marathon. Hopefully it won't get hot until later on in the afternoon. The race starts at 8AM and I should be done by 10:45.

My leg is sore again so I am not going to be running until the day of the race. I will walk to keep my legs moving but I am going to rest my leg otherwise. I am sooooo not happy about this.

So Janet, Do you like your trainer?

Phyl - I'll tell you where I'm not....

In my Pool, :sad_smile:

I got a refill yesterday, I don't think it's gonna be tight enough. I told her to put a smige less cause it was too tight before. She had taken out .4, she put back .3.5

I forgot to tell ya'll what sonny boy said. We went to a resturant a few days ago. Me, paw, and sonny boy. So we're eating and sonny boy says to me, "That shirt looks small." I said what, what do you mean? He said, "Your shirt looks small." He was talking about my size because I've been having the shirt and it's quite loose. Ain't dat just darling?

I heard a rumor there was a normal person frequenting our thread. *looks suspiciously at Karri* :tongue: Outrageous!!!! :tt2: :lol:

This weather is wonderful. I'm usually not a summer kind of chick, but this is the first year in a very long time that I haven't felt like a beached whale whenever I've gone out in public (or private for that matter).

My little guy went off to summer camp yesterday until Friday. It's spooky quiet here. And strangely clean. Yesterday I rearranged his room. He has his Wii in there and we needed more space to throw ourselves around when we're bowling and rocking it on Guitar Hero! :sad_smile: :laugh: I still need to devise an evil plan to get that Wii Fit that I so desperately need. :w00t:

My hair is improving. By 'improving' I mean not getting any thinner. I was beginning to get really concerned that it was falling out way too quickly. Since I've been using Nioxin and taking Biotin and Omega 3 daily it's really improved. It's not growing back quickly, but it's no longer falling out at the rate it was a few weeks ago.

No problem with Water intake in this weather. I don't even have to count how many bottles any more because I know I'm getting way more than my daily needs. I've started adding Propel powder packs to it. I just couldn't find a Crystal Lite that I liked. :sad: I buy the Lemon, berry or Kiwi/Strawberry flavors. It says to add one pack to 16.9 fl. oz. but I find that far too sweet so usually use twice as much water.

I remember Janet mentioned a few days ago that she was struggling to find clothes her size because they always seem to be out. I have that exact same problem. It doesn't matter what size I am, I have the least amount of choices available to me. When I was a 20, there were only 16, 14 or 12. When I was those sizes, there were only 20, 18, 10 or 8. Now that I'm a 10/8 those sizes are rare. :mad2: It's annoying!

Ssankofa... Welcome back. :biggrin2: I hope we can help you find the key to getting your weight going in the direction you need it to. My time spent here has been invaluable to me. I didn't realise how much I would come to rely on the support I find here. Sometimes all I do is blabber my head off just to get the frustration out. But someone is always here for me. I would not have been able to do this alone. Please let us help you in any way we can to see if we can figure out together what's going on. Talk to us. :thumbup:

Well that's it for this installment. Will check back in again soon! :tt1:

Where is everyone this morning??

It's a beautiful, sunny day~~!! Hooray!!

In fact, if the weatherman is right,

[/url]

we should have a beautiful WEEK!!

It's about time we had some nice summer weather!

Hope you're all having a GREAT morning!

Phyl Glad you are getting some good weather :w00t: It's 100 right now per my KESQ ticker on my task bar - this weekend it's suppose to be 115 :eek:

Karri

You should be find for the morning run - Just make sure you stay hydrated..

Denise - Where in the hell did you get that Idea :lol::lol::sad: was it anything in said :tt2::lol:

Gosh I really wish you were coming to the MofA trip - you would have us cracking up 24/7 - I mean pee in your pants, head & side ache kind of laughing :tt2:

Yep out of the mouths of babes - they can be so special..

I heard a rumor there was a normal person frequenting our thread. *looks suspiciously at Karri* :tongue: Outrageous!!!! :tt2: :lol:

This weather is wonderful. I'm usually not a summer kind of chick, but this is the first year in a very long time that I haven't felt like a beached whale whenever I've gone out in public (or private for that matter).

My little guy went off to summer camp yesterday until Friday. It's spooky quiet here. And strangely clean. Yesterday I rearranged his room. He has his Wii in there and we needed more space to throw ourselves around when we're bowling and rocking it on Guitar Hero! :sad_smile: :laugh: I still need to devise an evil plan to get that Wii Fit that I so desperately need. :thumbup:

My hair is improving. By 'improving' I mean not getting any thinner. I was beginning to get really concerned that it was falling out way too quickly. Since I've been using Nioxin and taking Biotin and Omega 3 daily it's really improved. It's not growing back quickly, but it's no longer falling out at the rate it was a few weeks ago.

No problem with Water intake in this weather. I don't even have to count how many bottles any more because I know I'm getting way more than my daily needs. I've started adding Propel powder packs to it. I just couldn't find a Crystal Lite that I liked. :sad: I buy the Lemon, Berry or Kiwi/Strawberry flavors. It says to add one pack to 16.9 fl. oz. but I find that far too sweet so usually use twice as much water.

I remember Janet mentioned a few days ago that she was struggling to find clothes her size because they always seem to be out. I have that exact same problem. It doesn't matter what size I am, I have the least amount of choices available to me. When I was a 20, there were only 16, 14 or 12. When I was those sizes, there were only 20, 18, 10 or 8. Now that I'm a 10/8 those sizes are rare. :mad2: It's annoying!

Well that's it for this installment. Will check back in again soon! :tt1:

Ruby

Glad the hair issue is improving - I agree with the crystal lite being too sweet - I don't put the whole package in my water - but I only use the stuff occaissional - I don't mind water.

Yep at it a Botch that no matter what size you are you can't find your size - here when we were 14's all we could find was 10's then you get to 10 all you can find are 14's ..

Well last night was no picnic

I was awakened every 2-3 hours choking... on my own Spit!!!

God it was frightening...

So I called the clinic this a.m. and drove 2 1/2 hours for a de fill

BRB

Gahhh...you can take your hot weather....and mine too.

Well, it's sunny, but not exactly HOT!

My thermometer says 79 right now,

but I took a ride around the neighborhood at noontime

& I was CHILLY! It is supposed to be 80-85 this weekend.

I forgot to tell ya'll what sonny boy said. We went to a resturant a few days ago. Me, paw, and sonny boy. So we're eating and sonny boy says to me, "That shirt looks small." I said what, what do you mean? He said, "Your shirt looks small." He was talking about my size because I've been having the shirt and it's quite loose. Ain't dat just darling?

That is so cute!

I wish I was in your pool!

Not that it's hot enough, I just love to swim.

Well last night was no picnic

I was awakened every 2-3 hours choking... on my own Spit!!!

God it was frightening...

So I called the clinic this a.m. and drove 2 1/2 hours for a de fill

BRB

So sorry!!

I've been thinking maybe I need a slight fill,

but I don't want to get too tight and have problems like that!