Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I discovered eggnog is in the stores now! How am I going to be able to avoid it for the next 2 months? :)

Don't they make a lite version???

Ladies, we are all doing wonderful. I need to get on the healthy bandwagon too, instead of thinking that it's holiday season therefore I can overindulge. In the past this is when I have failed, because there is so much food out there, and everybody keeps giving you candy, and there are potlucks and parties out of the wazoo.

Let's hang in there ladies! We can go thru this difficult season together!

I don't know, I am thinking wayyy to much about food right now. The band is keeping me from overeating at meals, but in between I'm eating a life saver or two here and there, a pretzel, a cracker. . . a (heaven forbid) slice of a brownie. THAT HAS TO STOP! Tomorrow is my weigh in day and I am scared to look.

Hi, All!

We're stopped for the night a little south of Portland OR. We're right behind a huge outlet mall so went shopping for a little while. No clothes!! Too many already in the RV. Weather was great today. No rain, no fog, sunny most of the day. Hope the weekend goes well. We're stopping to visit one of my sisters. Hopefully, she understands my dietary restrictions and I won't have to fight her off. DH will help me with that. After the weekend, we're traveling south down the OR coast towards San Francisco.

You're all doing great! Back on the wagon! I bought Tootsie Pops for Halloween and left all that were left at our daughter's! DH fixed me tuna and a couple rye crisp crackers for lunch, broiled lamb chop for dinner with broccoli and a real tiny baked potato. We'll see what the scale does. Legs are swollen. I retain Water when we're driving all day.

Watch that wine, Janet!! I had about 4 oz. this afternoon.

Don't they make a lite version???

I'm almost too scared to look. I'm worried that if I get a lite version my old brain will tell me "It's lite, that means you can have twice as much!" :)

I forgot about my love affair with eggnog until I saw it today. I got hooked on it 2 years ago. :mad: I guess the good thing is it's seasonal.

Alright, I'm going to join the mini challenge. I've only dropped a pound since we started this thing, and perhaps Aunt Flo's visit is the cause for the plateau (fingers crossed). But I'm willing to climb aboard the mini-challenge as well. ;)

First, a thank you for the thoughts and encouragement on my 2 months of not losing a pound (except for 5 during a terrible horrible week where I just didn't eat a thing, and then bounced right back when I ate again)

This morning I (thankfully) woke up to a two pound loss! Yeah!

Those of you talking about making more healthy food choices - I have to say the body bugg is helping me there. When logging food - I have been typing other foods just to be reminded how much better they would have been. Remembering that strawberries and brocoli have basically no calories - at least not compared to choices I sometimes make! This is helping me do more thinking and making a few better choices. I sure hope it helps me actually lose weight! NewCC

Hi everyone, Ms. Phyll could you put me down for 4.5 loss for the TG challenge. Thanks.

Hey CC, I'm a slow loser also. I had my surgery two weeks before you and I've lost 25 pounds. Slow is fine. It does get frustrating but at least it's coming off.

Ladies, we are all doing wonderful. I need to get on the healthy bandwagon too, instead of thinking that it's holiday season therefore I can overindulge. In the past this is when I have failed, because there is so much food out there, and everybody keeps giving you candy, and there are potlucks and parties out of the wazoo.

Let's hang in there ladies! We can go thru this difficult season together!

CeCe - If you aren't at your sweet spot - go in for another fill

and we just gotta say no to all the junk - it's not healthy.

I don't know, I am thinking wayyy to much about food right now. The band is keeping me from overeating at meals, but in between I'm eating a life saver or two here and there, a pretzel, a cracker. . . a (heaven forbid) slice of a brownie. THAT HAS TO STOP! Tomorrow is my weigh in day and I am scared to look.

Linda - I think our honeymoon period is over - now our old brains are trying to re-surface... It's ok one slice of brownie is ok - well for us food addicts it isn't. Is one drink ok for an alcohalic??? Nope - This is what we have to remember - once we start - it's a little here - Oh i have it under control - but then the next day oh this little bit won't hurt - Most of us have already started this game playing (myself inculded)

STOP STOP STOP SPOT !!!!!! We have the hardest period coming up - I have done this before during the holidays - and I have won - when you see that your fav piece of See's candy - look at it - look at the darn box and say I AM STRONGER THAN YOU.... Play good mind games like that - not the ones that tell you 1 piece is ok...

Watch that wine, Janet!! I had about 4 oz. this afternoon.

Phyl

I too retain Water when traveling and get stopped up too (tmi :))

I only drink when in social situations - but the problem with that is you have only 4 oz x 5 day a week we'll say -I drink all that in one evening at a party :) Thank God the next party is just down the street so i can stager home:D

I'm almost too scared to look. I'm worried that if I get a lite version my old brain will tell me "It's lite, that means you can have twice as much!" ;)

I forgot about my love affair with eggnog until I saw it today. I got hooked on it 2 years ago. :P I guess the good thing is it's seasonal.

Alright, I'm going to join the mini challenge. I've only dropped a pound since we started this thing, and perhaps Aunt Flo's visit is the cause for the plateau (fingers crossed). But I'm willing to climb aboard the mini-challenge as well. :D

Ruby - JUST DON'T BUY IT THEN,.... Problem solved... Don't have it can't drink it :biggrin1:

This morning I (thankfully) woke up to a two pound loss! Yeah!

CC CONGRATS on the 2lbs :clap2::clap2: - the body bugg maybe a xmas present to myself - it just seems that the $$$$ is going out faster than it's coming in - but I think it would be a great challenge tool for me.

Hi everyone, Ms. Phyll could you put me down for 4.5 loss for the TG challenge. Thanks.

Ribearty - :clap2: 4.5 LBS OMG THAT'S GREAT - what's your secert :biggrin1:

Indio, yes put me down for two pound week mini goal...Im hitting the gym tonight...This band cant do it all by itself.....

Distant - I too hit the gym last nite - it IS the secert to weight loss besides the healthy eating -

OK gang - I'm not going to keep tabs of the mini challenge - but all who want in let's report next Thursday 11/8 - your weight loss...

Maybe we should all do this from now until the end of the year - We always don't look at each others tickers - maybe this will help in having to be accountable - That does help some - remember weigh in days at WW - omg - the couple days prior you would really watch what you ate. I know this doesn't fit all of us - but some of us need the accountablity factor - so those who do - Thursdays is Weigh in Day - Those who want will post their weight loss for the week??

Let me tell you ladies - sweet spot is Sweet but Difficult too... Ok that sounds stupid but let me explain - I can eat - but my portions have REALLY been cut in half - great for the weight loss - but hard on the brain - i am only able to eat 4 oz fish 1/4 c veg - and maybe stuff in a 1/3 c of brown rice - am really full phyically from just the fish but that stupid old brain says you haven't had enought to eat.

Happy Friday - hope everyone is back on the Band Wagon - ...

I sat down last night and figured out my intake of calories (including the cookies) and it was just about 1300 calories. (cookies were more than 3 meals combined) So I got back on my exersize bike and pedaled some more. Ended up after deducting the calories used pedaling, only eating 262 calories. Afraid to get on the scale though. Doing great today though. Only had one cookie and that was because I waited too long to have lunch and being diabetic, my sugar levels bottomed out and I had the shake, bad. Still under 400 calories. Looks like another Lean Cuisine night. I did tell my husband we had to talk about the Cookies. There are a few kinds I know he likes and I don't. One good thing....he had his route changed at work and no longer delivers anywhere near a Jewish bakery. Jewish Rye bread. That is my really big downfall.

Ok, I am in for the 2 lb a week challenge, but I have will have to report in on Wednesday for this week because I will be out of town Thurs-Sat of next week. I may not make it this week because I have 1 less day, but heck, I'll give it a shot.

Starting 205.5

Frustrated - I love the eggnog too...you can still have some, just in MODERATION! I don't like it "strong" so I always use have eggnog and half milk - to be good I use skim. It satisfies the craving. I also add a little more nutmeg to it and that seems to do the trick!

Phyl - I also retain Water from sitting all day (especially flying). I got some slight compression knee-highs from Wallyworld a while back and it TOTALLY changed things for me! I wear them for flying and long drives and I don't get hot and don't get swollen!

Thanksgiving Challenge - something AMAZING happened today! I am 229! Yes, I'm in the 220s! I know it's still a lot, but I haven't been that in almost NINE years! So I started the challenge at 236 so that puts me at -7 pounds! Now, do I think I can lose the rest while on the cruise? At least the candy won't be around! Haha! Funny thing about living in bush Alaska...fruit and "healthy food" is VERY expensive here so I tend to eat much more healthier when out of town so maybe, just maybe I'll be able to do it! I'll weigh myself Tues. morning before I go to the airport and then when I come back on the 23rd...we'll just see!!

CC - GREAT job on the weightloss! I'm looking forward to onderland!

Marcy - Congrats :clap2:

Well no ones here tonight :) I was watching TV about to fall asleep so got on the computer and no ones here..

Well, went to the gym - 3 miles 50 minutes... :)

Tomorrow morning will go try for another 3 - who knows if i feel strong enought i may go for 4 - havent done that in a few weeks..

Chim - Dini - Lynette - Sunny - Jeanie - where are you guys - you use to be the ring leaders here. Now we hardly ever hear from you....

Hope all is well - will ck back later ...