Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Kathy,

Thanks for all you shared regarding your first fill. Very good information. Many of the things you wrote about were new to me. Its interesting how different each doctor, dietician, etc. can be regarding pre-oop and post-op guidelines. The "First Bite Syndrome" was interesting, and I REALLY liked that once a week TREAT suggestion!

I had to smile when you mentioned TIM HORTON'S. I'm in the Seattle area, the supposed "Coffee Capital"!! I laughingly "don't get" the Tim Horton frenzy because I'm hooked on lattes! But, I'm a native Buffalonian and every time we go back for a visit I watch my sisters and nieces make runs to Tim Horton's coming back with trays full of coffee! They're all crazy about Tim Horton's.

We're going to be in Buffalo later this month, in fact. I am very glad to be getting my fill before we go because it'll be easier for me to survive if I have some more restriction!! I love the Friday night fish fry tradition and I'm sure we'll be going with the family the first day we are there!! I'll be getting a child's portion, hopefully, and taking home leftovers! And then there's Ted's Hot Dogs!! No foot long for me this trip!! Maybe a few bites of someone else's!!

That reminds me... every Wednesday we go to "Primetimers" at our church. There are various activities going on in the morning and then "free lunch" at noon. Its always a very nice home cooked hot meal, always good, and always desert is served! I am very careful about what I eat... everyone I normally sit with knows about my surgery and they're very supportive. But this one special friend always gives me the first bite of her desert! So each week I get a nibble of cake, or maybe ice cream, etc. It is a nice treat and usually the only time I have sweets every week!

And now I better be quiet for a while!! Sorry!!

:blabla: :wacko:

Hey, Kathy! Major congrats on your fill. It sounds as if all went very well. Thanks for sharing the info you got during your visit. I get my second fill on Monday and am soooo hoping to get the restriction I need to start losing again. I'm very hopeful!

I won't start "date night" until I start losing again! I like the idea, and my motivation will be very high.

Oh, Kathy. Thanks so much for wishing me good luck with my second fill. I really am optimistic about it. As for a food journal...not so much. I'm a full-time dental hygiene student and just finding time to post with y'all is pretty iffy. I appreciate your support and that of all of the Lucky 7s! We ROCK!

Chris... 299 and under could be called "Tooterville", but I think it would make me laugh so hard, I'd pop something!!!! In Canada, we have the $1 coin that we call the "Loonie" because it has a picture of a Loone on it, and the $2 coin we call the "Twoonie" because it sounds good with Loonie!!! So we could call it "Twoonieland". :bounce:

Auntie Phyl, Ok, I'm with you. I'm Canadian and I don't get the Tim Horton's thing. The coffee isn't very good in my opinion. In fact, how about I come visit you since I'm hooked on Starbucks!!! I do like Tim Horton's food though. It's fresh, tastes good, some is healthy, and not too expensive. I don't do the donut thing... never have. I'm so glad you are getting your fill on Monday. If I had been cancelled and moved off by 4-5 weeks, I think I'd have gone nuts on them.

Got to go to bed now!!! Night all.

Oh, Kathy. Thanks so much for wishing me good luck with my second fill. I really am optimistic about it. As for a food journal...not so much. I'm a full-time dental hygiene student and just finding time to post with y'all is pretty iffy. I appreciate your support and that of all of the Lucky 7s! We ROCK!

Holly, no problem!!! I'll keep you in my thoughts. School is a long way behind me (17 years since I graduated), but I still remember the time committment!

Aunti Phyl- we are getting our fills on the same day!!!! Im so happy that they moved it up for you.

I have never heard of Tim Hortons. Im from NY (Long Island)- and we dont have that here. Now, starbucks!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!---Better yet, for mothers day, my DH gave me a Keurig coffee machine- it makes one cup at a time ----the

.... Oct 8 is like 11 1/2 weeks past that!! Give me a break!! :help:

Another bitch of mine... sorry... I am sooo angry!! I have had four appointments at that clinic... three with the doctor and one with his physicians assistant. ALL THREE appointments with the doctor were cancelled BY THEM and rescheduled!! And I had to call and call and call and BEG for my surgery date!! So my DH thinks we should fly up for Christmas and schedule an appointment for another fill. Yeah, right!! So they can call me and cancel it after we spent $$$$ to fly up here!!

Anyway, Janet, you are doing GREAT!! I'm so proud of you for all that walking you're doing! I am so hoping I can start to do some walking before too long. I am trying very hard to walk more, but my left knee hurts pretty bad. I am thinking maybe a recumbent bike would be a good way to exercise. But I am so ready to be at Sky Valley and doing my Water aerobics every day!! I can't wait!!l

Phyl - Ok here i go again showing my rebeling side - I would stage a "sit in" till you get your fill now not 10/8,,, I agre with Mango HELL NAW....

Really though = go to their office and demand an appointment now.. How many people in your area are banded - we don't have that many people that dr b would be booked up a month in advance.

Thanks for being proud of me - I am lucky not to have too many problems with my body = that's the reason i did this - i don't want my knees hips etc to wear out from all this weight

What is motivating everyone to lose weight?

And it's all thanks to all of you. :humble:

I agree with Chim this made me tear up too... Yes we all do understand each other... I love this board.

iTS HAPPENING AGAIN....RANDOM POSTING!!!!!

I was saying....the Keurig machine makes the best cup of coffee..... I have not bought coffee out since getting it..............I am hooked!!

Aunti Phyl- we are getting our fills on the same day!!!! Im so happy that they moved it up for you.

I have never heard of Tim Hortons. Im from NY (Long Island)- and we dont have that here. Now, starbucks!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!---Better yet, for mothers day, my DH gave me a Keurig coffee machine- it makes one cup at a time ----the

Mmmmmmmmmm, yeah!! Starbucks!!

Janet,

Tears did the trick!! They fit me in to their schedule for Monday!! They are only doing fills every other Monday.... TWICE a monthh!! I think I will be making my next appointment on Monday!!

iTS HAPPENING AGAIN....RANDOM POSTING!!!!!

I was saying....the Keurig machine makes the best cup of coffee..... I have not bought coffee out since getting it..............I am hooked!!

My husband got me one for my birthday about 3 years ago. We love it!!!!!:whoo:It's awesome too when we have company. No need to worry about Decaf or not. Everyone can have what they want!

BreadLady- I am so impressed that you make your own flour. Now I love to bake and I love to make breads, but I have never heard of anyone who makes their own flour. I actually have a harvest gather in the fall----I make Pots of homemade Soup and everyone who comes is asked to bring a loaf of bread to share.....It is such a nice time, most of the guest try to make homemade bread, I just love the texture to homemade bread......it must be out of this world with your own milled flour!!!!!!! I love when company comes over with the new coffee machine......there is something for everyone. Have you tried the new K-cups hot chocolate? ?? My kids love it!!

Janet,

Tears did the trick!! They fit me in to their schedule for Monday!! They are only doing fills every other Monday.... TWICE a monthh!! I think I will be making my next appointment on Monday!!

I am happy for you...:clap2::clap2::clap2:

It's funny with my fill - I ate a whole cup of Soup for lunch & dinner did fine am full - but try to eat yogurt or pudding (which are on my full liquid diet) I can't finish them - yogurt can only eat about 3 oz and pudding cup all but 2 bite - and you know how are it is for us to leave those 2 bite :D

Ok guy - I like coffe but don't know how to do all that starbucks ordering = you know what i mean cappucino w/skim milk no foam etc.

i like the mocha frappacino - but they have too many calories even the light ones. But it's some that i can leave or take - Don't Love It..

I buy hazelnut coffee & Creamer and drink 1 or 2 in the morning an thats it.. I might hit starbuck when I am in Target - but don't go out of my way. I do like their black ice tea lemonade ...

I love when company comes over with the new coffee machine......there is something for everyone. Have you tried the new K-cups hot chocolate? ?? My kids love it!!

Hot chocolate - my kids would love that:whoo:. They love their hot chocolate after playing on a cold day. I am going to have to check that out. Thanks for the info.

Kathy--You live in London Ontario? How cool is that! My son's g/f is from London--at least she grew up there and still has family there.

Thanks for sharing the nutrition tips. I don't have any nutrition counseling so I really appreciate the tips I am learning on this forum.