Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Oh my gosh I am so excited I have lost another 1lb that puts me at 15 lbs lost. Yeah!! We had our 1st annual block party last night. There were Desserts and chips and dips everywhere. I was suprised I was not the least interested in any of it. I could barely finish my hamburger patty. Afterwards we went over to my next door neighbors house to check out there new nintindo Wii and oh my was it fun. We did tennis and boxing and oh what a workout it was like going to an aerobics class. We are definetly getting one it is fun and Great exercise. The only thing is I have asthma and I will probably be needing my inhalor before because it did aggravate it a little. ha ha

PS: I accidently posted ( is that a word) this to the wrong thread so I had to copy and paste it back to this one. HE HE

TENILLE - CONGRATULATIONS :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::whoo::whoo::whoo:

food Demons- I hope mine will hide away, but I think I am going to have to be aware of their existence for the rest of my life. I have a problem with food, and I am trying to get it under control, but I know it can come back atany time if I let my guard down. Especially with sugar, I am now afraid to have any, because in the past once I had a bite it was all downhill from there, not stopping until it was all gone. Again, I hope with time and work I will be able to eat a piece of cake and be satisfied and not think about the rest of the cake for days to come. And eating until I am satisfied? What's that? I am eating until it's all gone lol...lot's of work to do there also.

Lynette- I don't have to go back to the psycho. or nutritionist, although the nut. is next door to the dr.- same office- so I always run into him and we talk in the hall.

Last night I had yet another party to go to. TONS of food and booze, we were there until the wee hours, but I did not eat anything at all. I had a healthy dinner before I left the house, and once I got there I held on to a glass of Water. I even got myself in charge of cutting the cake, which kept me busy so I did not have to stand around with Water while everybody else ate cake. So all in all it was not too bad, I guess mainly because I was full from the dinner I had at home beforehand. Luckily no parties for me tonigt lol, there is only so much temptation I can handle!

food Demons- I hope mine will hide away, but I think I am going to have to be aware of their existence for the rest of my life. I have a problem with food, and I am trying to get it under control, but I know it can come back atany time if I let my guard down. Especially with sugar, I am now afraid to have any, because in the past once I had a bite it was all downhill from there, not stopping until it was all gone. Again, I hope with time and work I will be able to eat a piece of cake and be satisfied and not think about the rest of the cake for days to come. And eating until I am satisfied? What's that? I am eating until it's all gone lol...lot's of work to do there also.

Lynette- I don't have to go back to the psycho. or nutritionist, although the nut. is next door to the dr.- same office- so I always run into him and we talk in the hall.

Last night I had yet another party to go to. TONS of food and booze, we were there until the wee hours, but I did not eat anything at all. I had a healthy dinner before I left the house, and once I got there I held on to a glass of Water. I even got myself in charge of cutting the cake, which kept me busy so I did not have to stand around with Water while everybody else ate cake. So all in all it was not too bad, I guess mainly because I was full from the dinner I had at home beforehand. Luckily no parties for me tonigt lol, there is only so much temptation I can handle!

CeCe

I really can't get over the fact that there are so many of us in the world who have the same problems - I know I have said it before and will say it again - "this sounds just like me" I guess part of this "just like me" is that we are at a place were we are honest about our food issues - it's so nice to know we aren't alone - skinny people don't understand that you just can't stop once you start..

CeCe

I really can't get over the fact that there are so many of us in the world who have the same problems - I know I have said it before and will say it again - "this sounds just like me" I guess part of this "just like me" is that we are at a place were we are honest about our food issues - it's so nice to know we aren't alone - skinny people don't understand that you just can't stop once you start..

IndioGirl,

This is all so familiar I think to all of us. I have a friend who is a size 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When times of stress hit.....She cannot eat!!!!!!!! When stress hits me I'm like "how can I not eat"....skinny people just don't understand. It sad that having an eating disorder like anorexia is so much more acceptable than obesity.

[quote name='NewCC;54379

Question: I have a fear! I don't want to need to "feel full" and I don't want to "be stuffed." Thats how I got overweight. I want that "need" to go away! I want to truly only eat enough to get by' date=' but now the band gets me to eat less BUT gives me the full feeling that actually fills an unhealthy need for me!!! A friend who had Gastric by-pass a few years ago told me that at about 9 months she felt that her "demons" (food issues) went mostly away. Do you all think this is possible??

Thanks, CC

What an interesting question! I don't know the answer, but I do know that some people who are addicted to food, tend to have addictive type personalities and will transfer their addiction to something else. A friend of mine at the gastric bypass surgery and successfully lost down to 141 pounds, but then has regained back up to 180ish. She said that in her support group, that two of them were in twelve-step programs for alchohol addiction now, and a third was addicted to pain killers following a traffic accident. She, herself, became addicted to shopping, spending money on expensive purses, lots of online purchases, etc. And she even said that as she had regained some of the weight, she found that when she looked in the mirror, she thought there I am, where as before she had felt more like she was masquerading as a thin person. She's now wrestling with her weight on weight watchers....

Hi everyone, just realized I forgot to update my ticker, thought I'd already done it. Was thrilled that I lost another 1 1/2 pounds. I'd been stuck at the same weight for awhile there.

My fill is this coming Friday. I have never swallowed anything that made me hurt or feel the panicked feeling that some have described. I also haven't had any PB's. I've felt a little tightness, but realized I had lapsed into eating too quickly. But other than that no problems. I've eaten out successfully a number of times, and the only bad thing is that I'm probably eating too many mashed or baked potatoes, because of my limited diet. But, still seems to be working well.

I should still be on mushies, but have eaten a lot of meats, etc., just making sure I chew properly. Seems to be okay. Should officially move to soft foods this week anyway. Went to Red Lobster on Friday and ate a biscuit, just one, and it was delicious!!!!! I think the best thing is that I seem to be in control. I was still hungry, but I didn't want to eat more than I should, even if it was something that I probably shouldn't even eat one of! Take care!

I didn't realize that when you update your ticker, it goes back and updates all of your earlier posts. Cool!

Brandy, yet another Red Lobster lover. There are so many of us that eat seafood, and love it. Way to go on the biscuit, only eating 1, but you don't even want to know how many calories are in it,LOL.

Good Luck on your fill on Friday. Congrats on the loss.

Cazulay, you seem to be handling the social eating quite well. I hope I can do the same when something comes up.

Indiogirl, love the new picture!!

Tenille, congrats on the loss!!

About the addictions, I hope if I have to change to another it will be sex!! It has to get better as we get smaller, right!!! Not that it's not good now, just meaning wanting it more, a better libido!!

But in all seriousness, I know people tend to do this, and I'm glad I still have a physicologist to get me through this part, because I was absolutely addicted to food.

I went to the recipe thread and have some new recipes to try. I just made one that was real easy. It's an egg wrap. I stuffed it with ground turkey, cheese, Tomato, turkey bacon, and green pepper. Topped it with Mild Taco Bell Sauce. Yummy, and so easy. Take 6 eggs and mix with 3 ozs of parmesan chese. Line a cookie tray with parchment paper. Poor 2 circles of mix on to sheet at a time, about 4 to 5 inches in diameter.

Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes. Easy and good. Great for Protein. I used egg beaters, so even better, and it made 4 wraps total.

It seems for the most part, my food demons are asleep, but I'm sure they are prepared to rise anytime I let my guard down. I've eaten out several times and feel good about my choices. I want to eat normal food, just in small quantities, that is my goal!

I've lost my sweet tooth (I will take that as long as I can!!) and I've given up bread, red meat (for the most part), haven't eaten anything fried, no potatoes as of yet and I've done ok, up to now. Who knows what next week will bring, we can only taken it one day at a time!!

Well all, I'm off on vacation....heading to Scotland to see my husband's family for 17 days....I am taking a load of food with me (as well as my magic bullet, have a converter) as well as my Protein powder, so I can stay on top of any hunger pangs I may get.

See you all when I get back and good luck to everyone in accomplishing their next set of goals.....I will miss your support, believe me!

Celeste

Brandy, yet another Red Lobster lover. There are so many of us that eat seafood, and love it. Way to go on the biscuit, only eating 1, but you don't even want to know how many calories are in it,LOL.

Lynette, Thanks! Yes, I love Red Lobster, but I'm the one who doesn't like seafood of any type, but RL has the best grilled chicken in the world. It's so juicy and perfectly seasoned. I have that everytime I go. And they have a calorie guide in the back of their dessert and drink menu on the table. It's high, but they are so good!

Indiogirl, love the new picture!!

About the addictions, I hope if I have to change to another it will be sex!! It has to get better as we get smaller, right!!! Not that it's not good now, just meaning wanting it more, a better libido!!

But in all seriousness, I know people tend to do this, and I'm glad I still have a physicologist to get me through this part, because I was absolutely addicted to food.< /p>

Thanks Lynette - I have just been crusing the board today between washing clothes so I thought i would add it - and i watched "WILD HOGS" it was so funny - I loved when they brought on Peter Fonda - I know i am dating myself - but Easy Rider was cool.. There are lot here who have their picts so i figured i would do mine - This was taken in Feb on a cruise w/my sister - my face is a tad thiner now ;)

We don't have a Red Losbster here in the Desert - Don't know why but the closes one is in San Bernardino which is about 60- 70 miles from here. I wish we did - but again i am glad they don't since i would eat too much :P

As far as the transfer additions - right now it's lapbandtalk.com. I am a shopper prior to being banded - but right now i think to myself why shop cuz in a couple of weeks everything will be too big - I been there done that with the drinking - too old for that now and i think maybe just maybe since I am older and have alot of life in my 52 yrs (you know it's not the years in your life but the life in your year) I am doing this to be healthier and live longer - this is all big talk for the moment as I haven't been at this long enough to transfer away - but thats my story and i am sticking to it...

It seems for the most part, my food demons are asleep, but I'm sure they are prepared to rise anytime I let my guard down. I've eaten out several times and feel good about my choices. I want to eat normal food, just in small quantities, that is my goal!

I've lost my sweet tooth (I will take that as long as I can!!) and I've given up bread, red meat (for the most part), haven't eaten anything fried, no potatoes as of yet and I've done ok, up to now. Who knows what next week will bring, we can only taken it one day at a time!!

Well all, I'm off on vacation....heading to Scotland to see my husband's family for 17 days....I am taking a load of food with me (as well as my magic bullet, have a converter) as well as my Protein Powder, so I can stay on top of any hunger pangs I may get.

See you all when I get back and good luck to everyone in accomplishing their next set of goals.....I will miss your support, believe me!

Celeste

Celeste - Have a great vacation - Scotland how fun...

[quote name=Lynette617;

About the addictions' date=' I hope if I have to change to another it will be sex!! It has to get better as we get smaller, right!!! Not that it's not good now, just meaning wanting it more, a better libido!!

But in all seriousness, I know people tend to do this, and I'm glad I still have a physicologist to get me through this part, because I was absolutely addicted to food.[/quote]

Lynette- I'm thinking a sex addiction would be a good one. No calories like alcohol, not like rx drug......I think I want to morph my addiction to a sex one too!!!

Is anyone else having problems w/ not drinking with their meals. This is driving me completely insane. I think it is the hardest part of this whole process. When I eat I feel like I need to drink something in between. And I am so thirsty after I eat it is hard to go an hour. Also are we supposed to be sipping our drinks still. Because when my hour is finally up I just gulp down that smooth tea...he he