Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

lornajh, welcome to the Lucky 7's. You had a rough go of it, but we're glad to see you're doing well.

Jackie, I'll be e-mailing you for the recipes very shortly. Thanks for sharing with us.

Mango, why would they code that as cosmetic? It was just a dr. appointment, right. That was stupid on their part. I wouldn't pay either. Hope I did not offend on my post earlier. I was supposed to be self pay, and I never in a million years thought they would pay it, especially when it was excluded right there in black and white under my exclusion clause. I think it should be covered for everyone. I was just so darn excited, I wasn't thinking about the other self payers on here, so I do apologize.

cazulay, that's a great NSV you've had. They'll just keep coming too!!!

Sunny, how ya doing??? I see you'e ready for a fill. I'm ready for the next one. I've got 3 more weeks, but I've really been adding the Protein in this week, added the powder into oatmeal this morning. It's seems to work well for me. I've only ate 3 times today, and it's 6:40pm.

Lynette, That's great! How exciting! I was turned down and expected to be, bu still may send the bills for the surgery center, surgeon, and anesthesiologist to them with a letter asking them to consider it for reimbursement. Don't expect it to turn out successfully, but will request a Explanation of Benefits form showing that it was declined for tax purposes.

All, That's a question....can you claim the expense of unreimbursed weight loss surgey on your 1099 if you itemize? Hopefully, it's not considered cosmetic surgery.

I'm supposed to be on mushies, but have been eating minced meats or well chewed meat, etc. at least one meal a day, or scrambled egg. Hopefully, that's still considered soft enough. Went to Chick-fil-a today before having a manicure/pedicure. Ate six nuggets, which isn't that many calories, although something you shouldn't do everyday for sure!

For the most part, I've been very good, but am eating too many potatoes I'm sure. Still between 600 and 850 calories per day though and meeting my Protein needs...

Indiogirl, congrats on restraining yourself in the social setting. How did the wine go down? I was out last weeknd, and so wanted a drink but wasn't sure how the band would react. I just sipped on my Water and went on.

Lynette

No problem - in fact my doctor says that a glass of wine is good for you.. I could of had a 2nd one - but didn't want the calories.

I Got My Band On The 24th Of July And I Am Like You I Feel Like I Can Eat Anything. I Ate A Bologne Sandwich Yesterday And Felt Guilty. I Am So Upset Because I Found Out That My Docter Does Not Do The 1st Fill For 90 Days. I Feel Like That Is Forever..
Why do we go through the pain of surgery and yet find outself doing things we shouldn't with the band? I'm no saint......I have a pickle fetish...lol and today I had 4 saltine crackers with a little tuna salad on each one....to say the least, it was like eating at a 5 star restaurant (not that I have, it just sounded delicious!! lol).....I'm only 10 days out and suppose to be on creamy liquids, yet I find that my head still wants something......I'm trying to keep in under control, but that head hunger demon rages at me sometimes!!

Tenille & Carolin - we have habits that we have to break and they aren't going to happen overnight - this band of ours didn't band our brains - just our tummies :) and we have tons of head work to do... Take one day at a time that's all we can do - our addictions and bad habits aren't going away with this band.

Felicia - Welcome back - sorry about your Dad... You are in my prayers.

Itzonlyme - Welcome & congrats

does anyone know how i get my profile pic to show up on my posts?

Tenille- you have to load it as your avitar

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY PAID!!!!!!!

THAT FREAKING FANTASTIC !!!!!!!! I am so happy for you !!!!

I don't understand insurance companies - I am suppose to be responsible for 30% - but most of the bills i have received so far are for 10% not 30% - not complaining just amazied...

Did another of my improvising today. I took refried Beans, thinned them out with stock to Soup consistancy, added 2 tbs of taco sauce, and a dollop of ff sour cream. I felt like I ate at the best mexican restaurant. Its amazing how normally I wouldnt have wasted my time on something like that, but after 3+ weeks of liquids, I thought it was a gourmet meal!!

Ok - it's offical - I am in "Bandster Hell" :embarassed:

This morning i went to the gym and walked for 1 hr (a big nsv for me) came home had 1/2 cup egg beaters with a sprinkle of cheese - ate it and was still hungry - ate the same thing last week and was FULL..

I don't go for a fill until 9/5...:)

Sounds like everyone is doing well and all are fighting the

"head hunger!!" Sure hope that goes away soon! I do well all day and then in the evenings, I feel like I have to graze!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO, I don't, but boy, do I want to!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! Welcome to our newcomers! Hello to all my banded buddies!!!

Mango, why would they code that as cosmetic? It was just a dr. appointment, right. That was stupid on their part. I wouldn't pay either. Hope I did not offend on my post earlier. I was supposed to be self pay, and I never in a million years thought they would pay it, especially when it was excluded right there in black and white under my exclusion clause. I think it should be covered for everyone. I was just so darn excited, I wasn't thinking about the other self payers on here, so I do apologize.

Lynette - I'm not offended silly. I'm happy for you. I gladly paid for this and would do it again without hesitation. It was my graduation present for getting my masters and a promotion. Although I do work in the bowels of hell.

Lynette - not feeling bad at all at your news, I think it's fantastic!!! It's worth the money, but if I could get any of my money back, that would be wonderful also, if not, I'm still going to lose the weight....you enjoy your victory over the insurance company.....lol, so many of us don't!!!

Indio, Thanks for the encouragement, sometimes I wonder why I do this to myself, but then have to remember, I'm human and as you say, they only banded my stomach, not my brain.....

Sunny, I hear ya about the rolls, looking forward to those finding somewhere else to live!!! lol

I had my first big carb meal tonight- 1/2 cup of rotini Pasta with lots of tuna, ff sour cream, and garlic salt. It was delicious but now I am feeling guilty and afraid to go up on the scale tomorrow morning. Especially because I did not exercise at all today- I was the perfect couch potato as a matter of fact. But I figured that for right now I will work out 30 min. day/5x week, but I might increase that or make it more challenging as I lose weight.

Also, I put together a menu spreadsheet, and have planned out exactly what I am going to eat all week long, otherwise I get home hungry and don't have the right ingredients and end up eating junk. This way I can grocery shop accordingly.

I know I am probably being a little neurotic, but I really want a healthier lifestyle, and I want the band to work for me.

I had my first big carb meal tonight- 1/2 cup of rotini Pasta with lots of tuna, ff sour cream, and garlic salt. It was delicious but now I am feeling guilty and afraid to go up on the scale tomorrow morning. Especially because I did not exercise at all today- I was the perfect couch potato as a matter of fact. But I figured that for right now I will work out 30 min. day/5x week, but I might increase that or make it more challenging as I lose weight.

Also, I put together a menu spreadsheet, and have planned out exactly what I am going to eat all week long, otherwise I get home hungry and don't have the right ingredients and end up eating junk. This way I can grocery shop accordingly.

I know I am probably being a little neurotic, but I really want a healthier lifestyle, and I want the band to work for me.

I don't think you're neurotic at all. It just shows how committed you are to losing weight and getting your health back. By doing what you're doing, it makes you aware of everything and that definitely increases your chances of success. Good job. Keep it up.:whoo:

Brandy, I plan on submitting my medical expenses for taxes also. I still had to pay the Dr. $5,000 and the Anestiaologist $880, so I plan to take that with my when I go to do my taxes.

Indiogirl, I may have to splurge on a fdrink next time I'm out, as long as I've kept under my claories for the day. Thank for the info.

Jackie, still have to send you an e-mail for those recipes. I'm going to do it now before I forget, again.

cazualy, you have a great plan. I wish i could do that, but sometimes I plan on having one thing, but when it's time to eat it, it doesn't sound good, so I make something else. I do plan out my beakfasts and lunches to take with me to work. At least there, even if it doesn't sound good, I still have to eat it or I'll go hungry!!

mango, I didn't think you were, but just wanted to make sure, that's all.

only4me, love the pic you got up for your avatar, forgot to mention it earlier. It is amazing how good things taste. Try your Beans with some shredded cheese next time, it may be even better!!!

dmtjet, how's your weekend been? You always stay very busy too, and congrats on not grazing at night.

Tennille, did you get your pic up yet in your avatar? I can help i you ned me too, sorry I meant to et to you yesterday, but we ended up leaving and then I didn't remember when I came back.