Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Bostonchi~ So I had my surgery 8 days ago and I am still a little swollen. They say it can actually last a couple of weeks, but it does go down significantly after about a week. You can still tell my left side is puffier then my right, but not so bad.

Kathybad~ You go girl! Awesome you are in no pain. I would take some meds before bed so you don’t wake up hurting. :cheer2:

Cazulay~ You can put on deodorant, but no lotion, creams or perfume. They told me to go all natural, but I did wear deodorant. No makeup either! That is just what I was told though. Oh my doc also said to make sure to wash the belly button good. That kinda wierded me out I hate belly buttons and glad I didn't know what they do to it before the surgery!

Brandy~ Total bummer, what a let down. I can’t wait til I get to eat mushies. I am still on thin Soups, which aren’t that bad, I just want to chew something!!!

Chim~ Yay!!! So glad you are back. Was getting worried, not having heard anything from you til tonight. So glad you are doing well! sleep good.

Good luck to all of tomorrows bandsters!!! :gluck:

trippy_text_07_26_2007_22_09_08_94706.gif

weight.png

Banded July 18, 2007

Dr. Louis Fox, Richardson, TX

6/1/07 350

6/27/07 339

7/18/07 331

7/25/07 322.8

Today was my first day on mushies and tuna never tasted so good for lunch. I also had eggs for dinner.< /p>

I had my post op follow up today and the doc said everything looked good. I forgot the date of my fill. It's a little later than we'd like but we couldn't schedule it any sooner.

Good luck to everyone being banded tomorrow. You all will be fine and wake up in bandland!

Wrangler I am so jealous!!! I want tuna. I have to wait another week til I see my doctor to get the ok. I am still just on liquids and can start on oatmeal or cream of wheat. YUCK!!!

weight.png

Banded July 18, 2007

6/1/07 350

6/27/07 339

7/18/07 331

7/25/07 322.8

CeCe, it sounds like every doc is different, but in all the surgeries I've had, they've never told me no deoderant. I went into mine with full makeup, just like any other day. of course, the mascara was a bad choice...I looked like a racoon the next morning! Only instruction I got was absolutely no jewelery. I have a piercing on the top of my ear which i've never had to remove, and they even made me get rid of it, along with all my toe rings. never felt so naked in all my life!

hope all goes well for you and everyone else scheduled for tomorrow!!!

Well I am off for the night. The DH just got back from renting a movie for us to watch.

Good luck to all of tomorrows bandsters!!!

weight.png

Banded July 18, 2007

6/1/07 350

6/27/07 339

7/18/07 331

7/25/07 322.8

I was also told no Water with meals, but I'm drinking little bits while I'm getting used to food to help it go down. My doc is more concerned with my nutrition right now (that I'm getting enough). I have started regular food early, so I'd rather drink a little than get stuck. Long term, nothing to drink 30 before and at least 30 after. I knew that would be hard for me....and it is. I tend to drink a LOT with my meals and am finding myself very thirsty while eating.

I was also told no Water with meals, but I'm drinking little bits while I'm getting used to food to help it go down. My doc is more concerned with my nutrition right now (that I'm getting enough). I have started regular food early, so I'd rather drink a little than get stuck. Long term, nothing to drink 30 before and at least 30 after. I knew that would be hard for me....and it is. I tend to drink a LOT with my meals and am finding myself very thirsty while eating.

I'm the same way with drinking a lot while eating and it was so hard today to wait 30 before and 30 after before drinking.

I never realized how much I drank w/my meals before.

I'VE READ A FEW TIMES THAT PEOPLE HAVE DRANK WITH THERE food, MY DOCTOR SAID THAT IF YOU DRINK WITH FOOD THE BAND WILL NOT WORK RIGHT. SO MY QUESTION TO YOU IS

WHAT HAS YOUR DOCTOR SAID ABOUT EATING AND DRINKING TOGETHER??

I HAVE TO WAIT HALF AN HOUR B4 I'M ALLOWED EAT AND 45 MINS AFTER B4 I CAN DRINK AGAIN

Hi Dini - My Dr. also said that I can not drink a half an hour before, during, or a half an hour after I eat. It's probably one of the hardest steps of all!

I'VE READ A FEW TIMES THAT PEOPLE HAVE DRANK WITH THERE food, MY DOCTOR SAID THAT IF YOU DRINK WITH food THE BAND WILL NOT WORK RIGHT. SO MY QUESTION TO YOU IS

WHAT HAS YOUR DOCTOR SAID ABOUT EATING AND DRINKING TOGETHER??

I HAVE TO WAIT HALF AN HOUR B4 I'M ALLOWED EAT AND 45 MINS AFTER B4 I CAN DRINK AGAIN

Dini,

My Dr said the same thing and that if you drink with your meals, it flushes the food through the band. I know of someone who does this when she wants to eat more and essentially "cheat" the band. The only thing my Dr has said I can do is take sips if I need it because of spiciness or if it's too dry.

Hope you're staying dry over there!! :eek:

~Nichole

:confused:Night all! Sunny, Missing you, Girl!!! Hope all is well!!!

Sweet Dreams, Chim and Kathy!!!! :notagree

dmtjet (Jeanie), Ms.Yackie (Jackie) & Phy - Thanks for the info on the Cpap, I have heard that you do get use to it. My major dislike is that I don't like things covering my face and since they said I sleep with my mouth open, I need the full face mask! I'm hoping one day, when I lose weight, I won't need it at all!! Head hunger, I definitely had it bad today.....I wanted something, anything......tempted by a sandwich, but settled for a dill pickle instead......just wanted something!!! lol

NewCC - hope you feel better soon!

MsPris - you have to find the road that leads you where you need to get to, if it's bypass and not band, you will do what is right for you. Please stay in touch with this site and let us know!!

Brandy - Congratulations on moving on to your final stage before solids...I'm jealous and I haven't even been banded yet.....lol

Kathy & Chim - glad to hear that all is well with you both and you came through with flying colors!!! Chim, can't wait to hear about your experience!!

Lynette - hope your computer is working better for you!! Nothing worse than feeling like you are cut off from the cyberworld....and this site!!!

Good luck to all those getting banded tomorrow!!!

It seems all are signed out for the night....nite all!!

I'm just checking in. It's been just the saddest week ever. My daughter-in-law wanted to make a scrapbook for her sister, so my house was turned into a scrapbook factory for a couple of days. It was wonderful to see so many people come over and help out with a page or two, but also so sad to look of the pictures of the little boy and his family and know how much he will be missed. The funeral was last night--so so so sad.

I did manage to lose another 4 pounds, so that's a good thing. Tomorrow I will start mushies--lookin forward to that. Did I mention how much I HATE the Protein shakes? I try to get them down, but it seems such a shame to waste calories on them! Now a slice of cheese or eggs or tuna. . .