Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

:cry

OOPS!! I guess I missed a few letters!! Sorry, Sheelagh!!

Temp is gone this morning and I'm feeling better except for the runss!! Seems to me a couple of you complained about diarrhea. Is this normal?? I'm ready to be done with it!!

Phly, liquids in, liquids out. It's normal. Glad to hear the temp is gone. My doc told me to take my temp every morning for a week and if it was up to call immediately.

Phyl, I've got 'em too; I'm thinkin it's pretty normal. Hope that clears up soon as it could be a pain at work!

Thank you all for your prayers. I just got off the phone with my son, and they're getting through this. Lots of guilt as you can imagine to add to the sadness. I think losing a child like this is as bad as it gets.

Lindaa, I believe what you've said is true. I can't even imagine what the family is going through losing a child. My heart goes out to you, and the family.

Sending hugs your way.

OMG guys! I haven't been on since Friday morning, and you killed me reading all these pages. Well I'm frustrated because I'm only down 1 pound in the past week... (Even tho it still leaves me at like a pound a day)

Wednesday starts Mushies, and I can't wait! They said I could have macaroni & Low Fat cheese, and I'm such a picky eater, that I'm sure I will live off of Mac & Cheese and Instant Potatoes for the next 2 weeks... (If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to clue me in)

~*Ash*~

Ash, just an heads up, I've been noticing a slower weight loss with all the mushy carbs I've been eating. Try to find lower carb mushies to alternate with the mac and cheese and mashed potatoes!!

I agree with Lynette!! Since I've started eating, I've noticed a huge slow down in the weight loss. In fact, I've been stuck at the same spot for a week. I would say to make sure that you are walking or working out as much as you can to avoid the slow down!

On the plus side, I just got back from going to the gym. I've just been walking around my neighborhood. But, I did 35 minutes on the elliptical trainer and feel good. I can't wait until I can do all my stretching again though. I feel like I can't right now because of the surgery and the fact that they fixed a hernia while they were in there. I know 35 min is a start and I can't wait to increase the time, but the other thing I need to remember is that I live at 6800 ft in elevation, so I could probably easily double that if I was down in elevation. :(

Sorry I haven't been on much lately, it's been a very busy week, but I've missed talking to all of you!!

~Nichole

Dmtjet~ If you are interested in muscle milk, also check out Amazon.com. I got my 5 pound container there for $42 and free shipping. I haven’t found it that cheap anywhere else.

Wrangler054~ swelling by the port is totally normal. It can actually last a couple of weeks. It is even normal to feel a bit hard around it as well. It is just the muscle, but that will go away too. Don’t worry, everything is the way it should be. My doctor gave me a list of things to be prepared for so I didn’t freak out if things happened and that was one of them. I’ve been a bit swollen at port site but it is going down

Lindaa~ I am so sorry to hear of the loss. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. :(

Hello to everyone else! So today is day 5 and I get to have some thin cream Soups and applesauce. YUM!!!! Kinda scared to try it though as I could barely even get down my Protein Drinks, but looking forward to the new tastes.

Hope everyone else is having a great day!

6/1/07 350

6/27/07 339

7/18/07 331

weight.png

Phyl, I've got 'em too; I'm thinkin it's pretty normal. Hope that clears up soon as it could be a pain at work!

Thank you all for your prayers. I just got off the phone with my son, and they're getting through this. Lots of guilt as you can imagine to add to the sadness. I think losing a child like this is as bad as it gets.

Thanks, Linda. I put a call in to the doc about the temp..just 99.2 this morning, though. The diarrhea wasn't any surprise except for the intensity and I'm not running too fast at the moment!!

So sorry for the loss of that little boy. So very sad!

forgve70x7, that's great you got in 35 minutes on the eliptical trainer. I just did 20 minutes of Turbo Jam, and I was done, for now. I'm going to do another 20 minutes later on. Firs time back and it kicked my butt. I love walking, but need the Dvd's to switch things up.

Tinkerbell, hope your Soup goes down good for you. I love cream of broccoil, and add in a little cheese, extra protein!!YUM!!

Hello Everyone,

Aunty Phyl, Just make sure you don't let yourself get dehydrated. Drink, drink, drink!

Linda - I am so sorry, I will be praying for the family.

I p...ed off at my DH right now. He went play paintball yesterday and hurt his knee. We have to go to the ortho at 3:00. So he'll be on crutches tomorrow for my surgery. I sure hope I can get out of bed by myself because he'll be no help. I feel guilty saying it, but I'm Pissed.

This is supposed to be my time. His back was already hurting, he had no business playing. I had plans for today, now he's screwed everything up.Between him and my Mom wanted something every 5 minutes recovery should be just fine. Sarcasm

O.K. I'm done B@&ing for now.

Ash, just an heads up, I've been noticing a slower weight loss with all the mushy carbs I've been eating. Try to find lower carb mushies to alternate with the mac and cheese and mashed potatoes!!
I agree with Lynette!! Since I've started eating, I've noticed a huge slow down in the weight loss. In fact, I've been stuck at the same spot for a week. I would say to make sure that you are walking or working out as much as you can to avoid the slow down!

On the plus side, I just got back from going to the gym. I've just been walking around my neighborhood. But, I did 35 minutes on the elliptical trainer and feel good. I can't wait until I can do all my stretching again though. I feel like I can't right now because of the surgery and the fact that they fixed a hernia while they were in there. I know 35 min is a start and I can't wait to increase the time, but the other thing I need to remember is that I live at 6800 ft in elevation, so I could probably easily double that if I was down in elevation. :(

Sorry I haven't been on much lately, it's been a very busy week, but I've missed talking to all of you!!

~Nichole

Can you guys give me some suggestions? Because like I said, I'm extremely picky, so Im not sure what I'm going to eat.

~*Ash*~

I'm glad you feeling better it seems like we have the same doctor I can't start my mushies until 7/31 as well. This is first day back at work not feeling so well today I had to call my doctor today in regards to constipation:mad:. Hopefully it will get better soon, they need to hurry up and call I am so miserable:think. By the way any suggestions I would really appreciate.:help:

Thanks

Sonya

I was banded on 7/16. All went well except I had some sort of allergic reaction to the pain meds and still have an itchy rash covering more than 50% of my body. I am now on a full liquid diet and can't eat mushy food until 7/31. It sounds like some doctors let you start eating earlier than mine does. Hope all are well and good luck to those that are having surgery in the near future. I'm not sorry at all. The first few days a little tough but now am feeling great.:clap2:

sunshine sonya, sorry for discomfort, have you already tried a laxative?

ashrae, cottage cheese, eggs, shaved turkey breast, avacados, vey well steamed veggies, tuna, canned chicken, cheese slices. I try to comeup with some more.