Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Patti C., I know how it is. Some days you just feel down. I have been there but this group has been amazing support and we are here for you whenever you need us. Feel free to PM if you ever need to just talk.

Last night I went to bed ready to eat my arm...but this morning I woke up and it was not so bad. 

When I read this I just started laughing. I could just see you eating your arm and thinking it wasn't too band. :biggrin1: I sure am glad I don't have a pre-op diet:biggrin1:

Thanks, all, for letting me know I brighten you day. You sure do brighten mine. I never used to be into message boards and such but y'all have definitely changed that. I tell y'all stuff I don't tell anyone else...like my weight.:biggrin1:

This is going to be the key to my success...the support from this group, encouraging and sharing with me.

Good luck to all having surgery tomorrow. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hurry back and let us know how it went:biggrin1:

Thank all. You took away the tears! I think I had that sliming thing lat night Don't know for sure, but it sure scared me. I had made what I called those runny mashed potatoes. I thought they were plently runny with lots of chicken broth. They tasted sooooo good. I took very small bites and chewed each bite so there was no even small pieces of potato. I ate really slow. It was a small new potato from the garden. I ate about half of it in about 30 minutes and then the pain started. I stopped eating immediately. I know I am not to drink for an hour so I got up from the table and started walking. It only got worse, so after 45 minutes I started sipping my Water. Still no relief. I started coughing and this awful stuff started coming up. I went back outside and started walking up and down the road in front of my house. Finally I coughed up a bunch and it was a teribly sever pain. I was sure I had broke something loose with my new banding. I headed back to the house. By the time I got home, the pain was just gone! I continued to drink last night and went to bed early. I am up already this morning and I just had to write this down for you all to hear. Just in case you have something like it to you. I was so scared, but I am OK today. It is amazing. You would not know anything happened last night.

I will tell you, I am not eating anything like a potato again any time soon. I guess it got into my new stomach and just gummed up and had to fight to go down. Thank goodness I did not throw up! I see the doctor on Friday. Boy this experience gives me lots more questions added to my list to take to my appointment.

Thanks again for you encouragement. My teary day is over and the sun will come up again today!!

Patti C

Well it is 5:55 AM and I am off to the surgery center for my banding. A bit nervous. Very thirsty. Cross your fringers everything goes ok. I'll be back on as soon as I can to post how everything went. Good luck to all other July 18th bandsters!

Patti C., Man, how scary was that????? No, hasn't happened to me and after finding out that I am probably the "loose patient that my doc referred to", I don't think I will anytime soon, but I sure will be careful after a fill! That doesn't sound too pleasant! Hope all is well!

Best wishes to all that are on deck for the 18th! Come and tell us how it all went! You will be soooo happy once you get a few days behind your back!!!! See you all soon!

Sunny, You are just the sweetest!!!! Looks like you were up way after I was in snoozeville!!!! Sorry we missed you! Catch you soon! Have a great day!

;)Well, I have a 9:30 appt. with my regular doc and a 1:15 one with band doc, so I will let you know how it goes! Also, my honey is off today, so we will see what we end up doing, so not sure how much I will be on today! I will check in when I can!!! Enjoy your day!!!!! :D

Lynette - you are great - I am glad you caught a fish. We go out and just sit there...

I am 9 days post op and started back to work. But, I am still plagued with "burps". I sure hope they go away.

Good Luck Tinkerbell - You will be so pleased when you get home. Enjoy the naps - the best part...:D

Morning all. Please notice how I didn't reply as good morning, because nothing has been good in the last 14 hours.

So here it is, the worst live and learn experience I can share with you.

We'll go back to last night when we ate at IHOP for dinner. I ordered a childs Breakfast dinner- 1 egg, 1 pancake with bluebery topping, 1 sausage, and 1 bacon strip. I ate 1/2 the egg, gave my son the sausage, ate 1/2 the bacon, and 1/2 the pancake. I figured it about 5 ozs, 6 at the most. Wait. Did I say pancake?????? Yes I did. What was I thinking, I do not know, but obviously I wasn't. Pancake is bread, and bread swells up in our little pouches. I felt full and stopped eating.

We left about 7:40 pm, and as soon as I sat down in the car I felt very full. We went to Dicks sporting goods store. I figured the walking around would help. It didn't. I almost bought a Water there, as it had been a 1/2 hour after my meal, but I waited until I got home. We got home at 9pm, and I grabbed a water. Started drinking. By 10pm, I'm still uncomfortable. I feel like something is stuck, and won't go gown, and then realize the whole bread swelling is going on. I haven't got sick but feel I could.

By 11pm, I'm ready for bed. We get in bed, and you know, the whole "it" is supposed to take place. Well, my DH is now scared and nervous, and doesn't want to hurt me, so he's chickening out. That's ok, I love his honesty and his love for me. So I tell him that's ok, we'll wait a little longer, and I told him how I was feeling with my situation. I couldn't even lay on my back without feeling ill. So I told him I was going downstairs.

Came down and got on-line and went to the post-op complications on this board. I'm panicking at this time, almost in tears, fearing I've screwed up so bad. I'm reading every post there is on food feeling stuck, or not being able to swallow.

Not too much there, but then I found something. Someone was talking about taking the papaya enzymes as they aide in digestion. A lightbulb goes in my head, I have papaya enzymes, it was on my pre op list from this site of things to buy. So, I head to the kitchen and get them, open them up and take 4, that was the dose. I go sit in the chair and wait. I feel them kinda working, and then it's done. I'm still sitting there having a hard time swallowing. So after about a 1/2 hour to 45 minutes, I take 4 more. I go back to my chair and finally fall asleep.

At 6:45 am I wake up, and the feeling is still there. I go get a bottle of water, and start to drink. It's better, but still there. Fell back asleep and got up about 9:30, and yes, it's still there. I can drink my shake, as I already have, but I'm so scared I've done some major harm.

I've decided to stay on pure liquid today, shakes and water only, and pray to God that it is gone by later tonight or tomorrow. If not I will proceed to call the Dr. and try to get in to see him.

This not to scare anyone, please don't think that's why I'm telling you all. But I am so scared still right now that I have done something bad and don't want any of you to ever, EVER have to go through this.

Still even ordering my meal, I was thinking mushys all day. In my mind I'm hearing my Dr. telling me about being able to eat Wendy's chili. So I guess I figured pancake, soft, with the blueberry sauce seeping through is was a little mushy. But for whatever reason, the whole bread swelling didn't dawn on me until after the fact.

So that's my last 14 hours in a nut shell. I'm still feeling like something just won't go down in my pouch, and nothing has come up either, but I don't know what to do . The water makes it 10 times worse as it makes it expand more, and this is what was going on last night before I had went to bed.

So please, whenever you eat bread, please remember that it swells, and you may want to put papaya enzymes on your grocery list. I think they saved me a little this morning at 12:30 am. You can get them at Walmart.< /p>

Patti C., as you can see we both had scares last night. I hope you are feeling better today after your episode. It really puts it into a new perspective, and we learn quickly to respect the band. I hope we are through with this and use it as a learning experience, for everyone.

Hello all,

sorry it was only a quick one yesterday but I just felt so poorly, I didn't think I was going to be that bad but I am feeling a lot better today just hoping I feel better by next week as I go away thursday !

The other threads have made me feel much better as they have reassured me that what i'm feeling is 'normal'.

Did anybody feel really down after theirs ? again I don't know if it's the aneasthetic or if it's the pressure of knowing i've got to be well for next week but i'm feeling really low....sorry to be a misery

Lainy