Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

:nervousOh and remember ... I need some interesting reading!!! And don't forget ... this time I will have my own port!!!!!! YIKES!!!! No laughing, absolutely no laughing!!!!!!! Next time, y'all!

Mango- Pasting the URL didnt work for me, I had to copy the actual picture of the tape and paste it in the box.

hey hey hey

where is everyone tonight?

i'm just back from work! in 1.30am the apt is in bits but i couldn't care less. let the people who made the mess clear it!! (Adam and little miss!!)

DMTJET, best of luck babes can't wait to here how you get on. i'll make sure i've a few funny stories for when you get back. oh by the way my little girls name is pronounced 'Anna Fran Ches Ka or Anna Francesca' but i spell and say it all together. Annafrancesca

Lynette lets not start talking about shoes. holy willies i love them i love Wedges and FLIP-FLOPs Havaianas Swarovski are up high on my list.

i love your son. he is the sweetest little think in the world. i just wanna hug him!!!

how is everyone?

oh today my brother saw me writing on this site. he asked me what it was i said just catching up with friend. i left it at that. then i told my mom about half an hour later and she said i know. he checked out the site and said to her. if i just eat proper, had some will power i could do it. he went on to tell my mother that the band was stupid. now this is exactly why i'm not telling anyone. people are too closed minded. also in ireland not many people have have it done less than 300 so people dont really know about it. but i think he's going to put 2 and 2 together and cop on i've had it done. as i've been quite ill and if he didn't cop on i'd think he was a bit think.

things i'm greatful for.

ANNAFRANCESCA MY DAUGHTER,

YOU GUYS COS YOUR ALL GREAT.

A CHANCE TO BE HEALTHY

Dini

I am in the states, but I agree with you. I told my husband and best friend. I just don't think people will understand. I work in a hospital, where everyone is thinking if you just eat healthy and exercise you will be fit. I have tried for years with no success. I think that this site can be a big help for all those who need an outlet and support. Princess:)

hey Princess. (i love saying that)

its awful that people are that closed minded. i just wanted to get all the Protein pill and shakes my brother take to bulk up and flush them down the toilet.i totally disagree with what he does but i say nothing i jsut support him and i'd expect him to do the same but i know he wouldn't.

now dont get me wrong there is nothing wrong with Protein Shakes but he's working out and i think he's talking it a bit far. he's got fat stripper. etc.... and there making him a horrible person.

i'd love to work in a hospital acually i'd love to work anywhere right now apart from where i work. i deal with food. oh lord

Hi, All,

It is kind of quiet here today, Dini!

DMTJET: Thanks for your comments about my family. And good luck to you!

Phyllser, your grandchildren are beautiful ... your man's not bad either, lol!!!! But seriously, the children are gorgeous!!!! I have such a soft spot for little people! They are terrific and full of excitement and innocence!happy.gif

The little guy who made the "puffy" comment is Charly, hiding behind the bench. They are a lot of fun, but tire us out quickly!

We're in the Pacific NW, so all we've heard about today.... newspaper, non-stop TV coverage, is the rollout of Boeing's new 787! We've about heard enough! My husband is a Boeing retiree (USAF, too), so we could've gone to the festivities, but didn't want to fight the crowds and traffic.

It is a beautiful sunny day here with promises of HOT weather later in the week.

I'm kind of bummed because my weight loss has stalled for a week now. The nutrition gal told me to up my calories to 1000 and eat Protein at each meal. Its harder for me to fight temptations when the parameters get broader! Why is that? Tomorrow I see the surgeon for my pre-op appointment and I'm afraid he's going to be upset with me if I haven't lost enough weight yet. I was down 22 lb, but now I've gained a few back. :cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

Dear ChickB13;

We all have some fears about what life will be like after... but my guess is that whatever you fear the most... will never turn out to be as BAD as you imagine... I've proven that to myself over and over again thru the years. ( I'm 51)

As you loose weight you will feel so much MORE energy that you will WANT to get out, move around and be among the living... you'll hve to trust me on this one.

My BF had a gastric bypas in Feb... she was considered morbidly obese and was in dire threat of having a heart attack. She was scared too about what life would be like afterwards...

Well, I am happy to tell you she is down 65+ lbs... and looking fantastic!!! She always has this 'sh!t=eating grin" on her face all the time.... I asked her " why are you smiling so much?" she said "Am I??""

she didn't even realize how much of her happiness was beaming thru... she weeeeears makeup everyday to work now, died her hair and is having a blast buying size 18-20 clothes instead of specialty stores 24-26 size... she still has about 70lbs to lose but is now SO CONFIDENT that she will get there that she dosn't care if it takes a yr to lose the other 70... she is out of daily pain in her knees and back, is using LESS asthmas medication and her B/P is now back in a normal range...

Best of luck toyou and check in here often.

Peaches9

Hi all. Its been a great day here in Oklahoma. I have had a day just for me! Went to Sam's and picked up my fav berry blend and some yogurt. I start my pre-op diet tomorrow. Does any body know if it is ok to put berrys in my protien shakes? Or how many carbs are allowed?

as for the question about clothes in an earlier post.. I want to wear a leather jacket and chaps that are made for women... straight off the rack!

as for what I'm thankful for... A loving God who helps me make it through each day. 3 healthy bueatiful kids. A husband that hugged me today and said he loves me no matter what size I am! Family and friends that are always there for me, even when they know I'm messing up.

Best wishs for all of you! Have a great week!

Renee

Hello Everyone,

Took me forever to catch up 18 paiges of reading!!

Feeling so much better todat went to Lowes with Husband and then BINGO!! did not win but we had fun. Planning to go to work tomorow hopfully all will go well there.

Chickb13 I vote for the Body fortress vanilla at Wally world!

Sunshine6855 I got on and off the scale 10 times and tried it in 3 difrent rooms before I excepted the 16 lb loss! crazy huh!

PattyC........:) You are more normal than most, Just enjoy the ride!:clap2:

Mango24 Lip balm and the clothese I wore in you will be naked except for the lipbalm!:omg:

Lynette, The burpings driving me crazy :( Its so weird.

To all the bandies this week Good luck to all it will be worth it! Take it slow and milk it for all its worth!:whoo:

Aunt Phyl

how are you. jesus its been ages since i talked to you.

listen here, dont you be worrying about your stall, it will start up again! worrying about it will only make its so much worst. i've been almost in tears cos i've only lost 4lbs but i've told my self to stop it and think positive. the wieght you've lost so far is super and your doc will say the same tomorrow.

other than that and the great weather how are you?

bobberts_mom! sounds like yours doing great. best of luck with wok tomorrow. take it easy though

Thanks again to all those who posted well wishes for us tomorrow. I hope and pray that all of our surgeries go well with no complications!!

For those of you who are traveling to get your band done this week, good luck and have a safe flight (or drive).

If I have anything to be thankful for, it's my very supportive husband. We've had a rough couple of years, but we have gotten through it and are still together. :)

Anyways, I'm going to get settled down as I have a very early morning tomorrow, so if all goes well, I'll post something tomorrow afternoon.

~Nichole :clap2::clap2::clap2:

ok i must smell really bad

today or something no-one wanna chat. i bet its cos Lynette isn't here. (i'm soooo jealous!!!)

i'm gonna head to bed it is 2.30am after all. night to you all. thinking of everyone x

chickb13,

Oh honey, I know where you are coming from. I started out at 402 in February when I had my first visit with my surgeon. Because of insurance and work schedules, I could not have my surgery until July 12th. I do have to go to work everyday because I am single and only have myself to support me, but as soon as work is over I have become a hermit myself. I hate to even go to Wal Mart to get needed things, because of the looks I feel people give me. I have a wonderful family and friend who come to me. I gave up going to shows several years ago, because the seats were so uncomfortable and I am able to travel with my Mother some, but we only go places we can mostly drive and look at or we survey the places to see if they have seating I can fit in. I am so tired of this life. This is going to help all of us. I know it is not going to be easy, but it will be the crutch to stop me when my will power fails. WE CAN DO THIS!!! And I thank God that I have found this site to have people who understand and support each other.

I have so many things to be thankful for. My faith, my family, my friends, my home, my country, and life with hope and purpose. Lets do this together.

Patti C

Aunt Phyl

how are you. jesus its been ages since i talked to you.

listen here, dont you be worrying about your stall, it will start up again! worrying about it will only make its so much worst. i've been almost in tears cos i've only lost 4lbs but i've told my self to stop it and think positive. the wieght you've lost so far is super and your doc will say the same tomorrow.

other than that and the great weather how are you?

OH, SORRY, DINI! I went away for a few minutes... doing Scrabble turns on another site! Now you gave up on us! Time difference is the pits,too! I'm on the west coast.

I know I shouldn't stress so much about the weight loss... on the scale multiple times every morning... on & off, on & off, hoping it'll read something different!! :) I'm trying really hard to eat right! And I LOVE my husband dearly and he is sooo good to me, but he puts a lot of pressure on me, too. He expects the scale to go down every day and when it doesn't then he starts lecturing me about what I ate that I shouldn't have, etc.! But, I'm doing okay and trying to stay positive.

Things I'm grateful for.... my faith in God, my wonderful family... husband, kids, grandkids (10), mom & sisters.. all supporting this effort I am making to get my weight down, and my health, which is going to be getting even better.