Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

LOL at gladster's question.

How is my closet organised? Into two very different halves! My husband's site is neat and organised. Everything is hung up on the same type of hanger, all the shirts facing the same way, long sleeves in one section, short next, then the pants. Jeans folded in a pile and on a shelf, sweaters next to them, then t-shirts. Shoes on the floor in pairs.

My half? If it's clothing, it's up. Mostly. Up is good I think. Shoes, on the floor. Somewhere. It's fun to play "where the heck is my other shoe!" :eek: There are probably a number of abandoned craft projects in there somewhere. But rather than embarrass myself with them, I you discovered you can hide them with shoes and clothing. :)

Lynette, LOL, I can see that one would puzzle you!!!! dmtjet are my husband and my initials ... He is Doug and I am Jeanie. We have used it for our e-mail for years and then when I joined this site, I never realized exactly how it would be used! Now, it kind of is just there!!!!! LOL

Oh my! Here I was thinking it was an airforce reference of some sort. D M T Jet. The empty jet. :embarassed:

:confused:Marcy girl, there is no way we would forget our Alaskan friend. I am glad to hear the 4th was great. Your plans sounded wonderful. Now you mentioned and those men and law enforcement, etc. You know, my husband has been dead a LONG time and I have never seen Alaska...:eyebrows:

Welcome to all the newbies. I cannot list them all since I didn't have a pen and paper with me. We are just growing and growing. How is everyone doing today? It is a beautiful, hot day in Georgia.

Lynette, I am Sunshine because I am just everyone's little ray of sunshine. ..actually I always called by daughter my little sunshine and when I was thinking of a screen name that is what came to mind. I wanted a happy, bright name. The rest is my BD since sunshine is such a popular name apparently. I guess I could have been a GAPeach since I am so sweet and juicy...:biggrin1:

Dini, are you sleeping??? How's are you feeling? Bummer that the car broke. Here it costs so much to get it fixed. I wish someone would steal mine sometime.

Laurend, you are doing so well. You keep it up and you will join Lynette as my idol. Can you have 2 idols?

I still haven't told my best friend I am going for surgery. I will have to. Her sister works as a nursing assistant on the floor I will be admitted onto. She will voice support but not really mean it, if you know what I mean. I have left her totally out of the loop in this process and her feelings will probably be hurt. But this was a very personal thing for me and I have only told my daughter and my cousin. Yesterday I told 2 co-workers that will be covering for me and I knew they would be very supportive. How can I tell my friend and try and mend some hurt feelings?:confused:

I don't even want to discuss closets. Mine is so full I can hardly get in it. That is one of my post-surg goals. Gradually empty out and throw away my closet...:confused:

Frustrated.... That is an unbelievable story!! These insurance company guidelines are ridiculous. After all of my pre-op testing my insurance co changed and the new one required that I go for 6 mos. of weight loss counseling with my primary care dr. But, after speaking with my Lap-Band Dr.- I couldn’t really lose anything because then I would no longer be eligible for surgery because I would be under 40 BMI..........So for 6 mos. I had to play the lose 4 lbs, gain back 4 lbs, lose 5 lbs, gain back 5 lbs.

Lynette--as far as you step daughter goes, from my experience with my daughter- take her lead as to how you should deal with this event. She might be mortified (like my daughter was) and not really want everyone knowing or making a big deal out of it. My daughter did not want me telling anyone. She just wanted to make everying normal as possible. When she comes over, feel her out and then proceed.

Any suggestions would be helpful to me as it's an extremely important time in her life!! Don't want to screw this up, you know.

Want her to know that this is a changing day in her life forever, but don't want to scare her either. So how have some of you handled the situation?

It's a little more challenging if you can't drive... Do you have any friends or family with a girl around the same age so you can all hang out together? Perhaps pamper yourselves with manicures. Go to a department store that shows you how to apply make-up suitable for her age; perhaps just a little lip gloss and a touch of mascara. Go to chick flick. An activity that the men/boys in the home won't be the least bit interested in. :confused:

If you don't have a body length pillow, I would suggest getting one. I was able to sleep pretty much through the whole night using the pillow to support my side. It worked really well. I only woke up twice - once to shift sides and once for some liquid tylenol. So far, I haven't needed my prescription narcotic yet. I hope that stays true. Day two this AM and I am feeling good. My stomach feels sore but nothing like I expected yet. I'm going to try walking outside today if I stay feeling this good.

frusterated, I'm still chuckling at that. So how many pounds do you think seperates a BMI of 36 and a BMI of 40??? Or should I ask, how many ice cream sundaes, super sized fries, etc:eek:. Sorry, I forgot some are on pre-op diets, won't do it again.

I was 210lbs when I originally applied. I had to get my weight up to 236lbs. I did it in about 6 weeks. It sounds like dream diet; being able to eat whatever you want, whenever you want. But I'm not really a junk food junkie and at times I felt like I was force-feeding myself. I ate a LOT of chocolate chip Cookies. I'd graze on them throughout the day for the sole purpose of getting fatter and that depressed me. :cry

I now weigh 238lbs. Consider that at this time last year I was at 185 and holding. But obviously not very well as it slipped over the next 6 months until my initial weigh in at the surgeon's office earlier this year at 210.

If you don't have a body length pillow, I would suggest getting one. I was able to sleep pretty much through the whole night using the pillow to support my side. It worked really well. I only woke up twice - once to shift sides and once for some liquid tylenol. So far, I haven't needed my prescription narcotic yet. I hope that stays true. Day two this AM and I am feeling good. My stomach feels sore but nothing like I expected yet. I'm going to try walking outside today if I stay feeling this good.

You know that's funny you mentioned body pillows. I was at Beds Bath and Beyond the other night and I got one of those pillows that allow you to sit up and lean back w/ the little arms on the side , ( thought it might be good for lap top time post op) and next to them was the body pillows. I thought " humm i wonder if i should get one of those"? Again at Walmart last night , I saw them , it was like they were calling to me " get me " LOL

I Guess I should go get one now .

Thanks for the tip

Mindy

Originally Posted by Lynette617 viewpost.gif

Any suggestions would be helpful to me as it's an extremely important time in her life!! Don't want to screw this up, you know.

Want her to know that this is a changing day in her life forever, but don't want to scare her either. So how have some of you handled the situation

Lynette, I went to the store and bought several different "products" and put them all in a basket with some bath salts, bubble bath, candles ect... Gave them to my daughter and let her know I was there if she had questions or just wanted to talk.

Cherryblossom, Body pillows are the best!

Have a great day everybody!

Renee

Lynette-you are just amazing me. I hope all goes as smooth with my surgery- Hopefully after 4 c-section, gallbladder removal, and hernia repair operations, I am going to just sail through this one.

My screen name is very clear-----I am doing this only for me!!!

Anna

I'll explain my screen name since most people think initially im a man LOL

colton is my youngest sons' first name and wade is one of his middle names and also my oldest son's middle name ,

Colton Joshua Wade .(Last name)

Tyler Wade ( Last name) are thier names

So i combined the 2.

Colton has 2 names because he was just going to be Colton Joshua after my husbands best friend , my best friends son died 22 days before I had my son . I INSISTED on the way to the hospital that we give him his middle name which was Wade which was also my oldest son's name , has double meaning. I just always use coltonwade on forums .

Sorry too much info probably lOL

Mindy

Guess I'll join the group. I'm on the schedule in Angeles Hospital in Tijuana for July 16th. Anyone else going there/been there? Since my insurance company denied coverage, I'm a self pay, and even adding in traveling expenses, Mexico was the only thing I could afford. I don't know how I'll get the fills done, and I pray I don't have complications becasue I have no idea how that will work either. But after being "plus sized" (remember when they called it "chubby" size?) my entire life, and loosing over 100 pounds 15 years ago and gaining it all back plus more, I am out of options. I look forward to reading your stories and following your successes as we travel this road together.

Here we go!:confused:

The one thing I am so grateful for, post-op, is that I apparently haven't had any gas pain. My back hurt a little while I was in the hospital, but I think that was from being stuck in the same position in bed for 36 or so hours.

My screen name is my first name with my middle initial attached to the end.

lindaa, welcome and congrats on getting a date. Hope you find a Dr. to fill you at home, have you tried Fill Centers, USA.

Thanks everyone for the replies to my step daughters situation.

Love the basket idea, and the chick flick. My sister has a daughter and she is about to be 14, and has started, so this could be a good weekend to 'get together with them'. Thanks so much all of you. I may be a woman, but new all this when it comes to the step daughter. Kind of gald I had a son!! But it will be fine.

Yesterday we were talking about sleeping on the couch, recliner, etc.

FYI, I'm doing this mainly because 80% of the time my DH and my 3 year old sleep in the bed also. I just didn't want to get hit or kicked by accident. That kind of accident may set me back a day ot two. I'm sure a bed is great for sleeping in, especially with the body pillows (used them when I was pegnant)

Sunshine, you are a ray of sunshine to all of us here. Smiles come my way when I see your posts. And of course you can have 2 idols, don't mind to share with Laurend at all. About the friend, her sister (the nurse) should be covered under the Dr/patient confidentuality policy.

I'd check up on it and ask. If you're not that comfortable telling the friend, then I wouldn't. And if the nurse says something, then she'd be in trouble. Don't let it bring unwanted stress on you right now. You don't need it. Or ask you Dr. if she'll be working the days you'll be there? Maybe she's off, or it can be 'arranged'.

Cherrybomb, so gald to hear from you and you're doing well. Keep up the great work.

Laurend, I didn't have bad gas pain until last night, not to scare you or anything. I've walkied myself what I thought would be enough to get eveything out, but it's still in there. Woke up with it too, but everyone's different. Yours may be all gone. I'm jealous.

Coltonwade, I like the name, but funny as it sounds, I thought it was a race car driver. Sorry, haven't got into Nascar too much although my FIL loves it. I know the big names, but thought there may be one out there who was "colton wade."

Marcy, having the guys over, and you stayed home?? I'd be headed out for a girls night or something!!