Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hello Everone,

This is my first time but I have been reading this site for a few weeks. I just found out I was approved for banding from my ins. co. I think they have approved it for 7/30/07. But I haven't heard from my MD yet.

I really feel I will be spending alot of time with you guys. So get ready.:wave:

Hello Everone,

This is my first time but I have been reading this site for a few weeks. I just found out I was approved for banding from my ins. co. I think they have approved it for 7/30/07. But I haven't heard from my MD yet.

I really feel I will be spending alot of time with you guys. So get ready.:wave:

Welcome to the group!!

Hi everyone, this is my first time on the site. i am having my band fitted in four wks, am so so excited i just cant wait for the new me to arrive. am nervous about the surgery though.

What date so it can be added to our calendar?

LyssaRene, I'm dying laughing about Boris and you choking it back up. How funny.:D

Thanks Kathybad, I'm hoping to be out Monday night, but only if I feel like a million bucks, according to my Dr. So I'll definitely be home by Tuesday evening, and I'll be posting as soon as I can.

I've had my gall bladder out 3 years ago, and my Dr. said some patients say that the gall bladder is worse then the band operation. So hopefully that will ring true for me, because my gall bladder surgery went well, and I was shopping 2 days later.:clap2:

So I just had my last good meal.:hungry: I know some are on pre op so I won't go into detail, but tomorrow I'm going to eat light. I have noticed today that my nerves are really acting up. I've had loose bowel syndrome all day.:D I hope I'm not getting a virus or something.:sick I'm pretty sure it's just my nerves. Hope it goes away tomorrow.

LyssaRene, I'm dying laughing about Boris and you choking it back up. How funny.:D

Or Boris will get angry LOL -- my off sense of humor.

Anyhow - don't be nervous, all will go well. :nervous My mom had it done about 2 months ago on Friday, she was back to work on Monday. Said it wasn't as bad as she thought it would be. If you get nervous just go over your goal list - it will refocus you!

I have had both an emergency csection and lapro tubal -- I can't imagine anything being worse than the csection so if I survived that, this is gonna be good.

I was going to wait to post this until tomorrow, but I was so excited to share it with everyone. This is for all the July Banders, so read it now, and re-read it the night before your own surgery. It's something I found while looking through other posts, so I did not write it myself. It was written by a fellow bander named Donna in December '06. I hope you all like it as much as I did.

Dini and Breadlady, sorry I didn't think about this sooner. I started thinking about it today since I'm getting so close to surgery, so forgive me for not posting it earlier. Hope you'll still enjoy it.

Twas the night before surgery, when all through the house,

My tummy was rumbling----it woke up my spouse!

My sweat pants were hung by my closet with care,

In hopes that some day size 10 I would wear.

My family was nestled all snug in their beds,

While visions of sugar free Jello danced in my head.

My spouse in his PJ’s and I in my gown,

Had just gotten all of my Metamucil down.

When all of a sudden the phone started to ring,

So I sprang from my bed to answer the thing.

My kids were at home, so who could it be?

Of course---the anesthesiologist was checking on me.

Drink plenty of liquids, get plenty of rest,

Tomorrow your surgeon would be doing his best.

He’ll make you feel better, your health will improve.

Remember to exercise! Your body should move!

The next day I rose, with my new life in mind.

Through the surgery doors--who knew what I’d find.

When what to my wondering eyes should appear,

But a surgeon in scrubs with two nurses near.

He was dressed all in blue, from his head to his toes.

His hands were all scrubbed—--a mask covered his nose.

A bundle of tools he had set out on a tray

I couldn’t stop staring—I could not look away.

His eyes--how they twinkled! His laughter how merry!

From that moment on, I was no longer wary.

He smiled as our eyes met and gave me a wink.

Oh my, that’s my surgeon, Dr. Snyder, I think.

He was fit as a fiddle, a right handsome young fellow,

So calm and collected, I said my hello.

A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,

Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread.

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work.

Finished in no time and turned with a jerk,

“There’s more work to be done” he said to his team.

They nodded politely and he started to beam.

He took off his mask, to his team gave a shout,

And away they all ran to help more people out.

But I heard him exclaim, as he ran out of sight,

At the end of this tunnel, now there is light.

I thought it was cute when I first read it about 2 months ago, and even now I still chuckle reading it. I myself have been know to write poems such as this. My hats off to the lady who wrote this.

Have a good night all. I'm heading to bed, probably my last good night sleep for a while.:notagree

Dini

The Bible says you are "as women are," so my husband will ask me, "Are you as women are?" when he thinks I'm having my period. Then I get all offended because I forget and think he means women are just generally b - - - - y.

Man, I love that the group is so big, but it takes FOREVER to read everything that I've "missed" in just a day!

Welcome to all the new folks...my sincerity is equal to the others, I just don't have the patience/time to write everyone's names and dates down...thanks Lynett, Dini, and Chimboree! You three are like our cheerleading captains!

Someone wrote recently that they never felt as big as they really are. I've had the same problem. I call it Reverse Body Dismorphic Disorder! (My own coined prase mind you). I swear I'll put something on and even look in the mirror and think I look good...or even HOT...and then see a picture of me and I feel disgusted! It wasn't until last month (May) that I was sitting on my bed, putting socks on in my underwear, when I looked into the LARGE MIRRORED DOORS of my closet (new house, haven't changed that unseamly decorating error yet) and noticed that I actually DID look 260 lbs! I was sad, angry, irritated, frustrated...and felt this way for a couple of days until I looked at my husband and said, "it's time for me to have the surgery"....he, as he should, said, "I support you in any decision you need to make to make you happy and healthy." So here I am....10 days to go! YIKES!

Fortunately, I have in-laws coming to visit so I have something to take my mind off the diet and the surgery...now I just need to ACT NICE for a few days! I'm looking forward to 4th of July in Nome, I hear it's quite the occasion ...they close down Front Street (where the Iditarod starts and ends - depending on the year) and have a "parade" and activities for the family...I just hope it's good weather, really though I don't care...I've got a good rain jacket!

Wow, that was long...I'll stop.

I'm doing well on my pre-op diet...lost 9 lbs. in 5 days, not bad...I have to admit that I'd really like some starch though! We went to the beach tonight and had a cook-out. I was able to have a hot dog, but no chips, no marshmallows...dang! I was cookin' em for the kids though and that was fun! My poor daughter was COVERED in sand!

I live in NYC and am having my lap band surgery Monday, July 2nd at Lenox Hill with Dr Shah. I am soooo happy, but very nervous at the same time. I am a 47 year old male weigh approximately 275 lbs, love to be 185-190. I am happy I found this website and was able to get some tips, will be back later on today, good luck everyone.....

I live in NYC and am having my lap band surgery Monday, July 2nd at Lenox Hill with Dr Shah. I am soooo happy, but very nervous at the same time. I am a 47 year old male weigh approximately 275 lbs, love to be 185-190. I am happy I found this website and was able to get some tips, will be back later on today, good luck everyone.....

Welcome Beefy! Yours is coming right up. Keep in touch so we know how it goes after surgery. Don't be nervous, it will all be fabulous!

Welcome BeefyIrish, you've found the best support group one can have going thru all this.:D

bfyneNtyme and I have dates tomorow as well.:whoo: So far that's 3 of entering Bandland tomorrow, WooHoo.

23 hours and counting until I have to be at the hospital.:omg: Woke up with the nerve problem again.:D Finally I took some pepto to get it under control. Didn't want to :crybut I needed something.

Have a full day ahead of me. Still some last minute shopping to get in later, and some cleaning upstairs.

I saved the bathrooms for last, YUCK.:sick

Good luck to everyone going tomorrow! Keep us posted! My date is coming ... haven't really done as well as I wanted on this pre-op diet. Hopefully, this week I can kick it in the butt! :angry

Hi, my name is Anna and I live on Long Island, NY. I am scheduled for surgery on July 30th in North Shore Syosset Hospital with Dr. Giess. I am thrilled that this is finally happening! I was glad to find this thread, It seems very active and supportive.