Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Thanks Phyl,

I talked to my PA in the beginning about the stomach flu and she said the real worry is days and days because you are too tight and not because you have stomach bug. I'm just glad I'm not tight right now because it would have made things increasingly worse.

I have many Aunts and friends who have had breast cancer. It makes my heart hurt when I think of all the lovely women who this ugly disease hits. I want to walk so that my daughter will not have to deal with the pain of her loved ones going through it. I also think if we can find a cure for breast cancer, it brings us one step closer to a cure for all kinds of cancer. The pain of losing my dad is still very tough. I believe our best bet for a cure is thorough breast cancer cure. For whatever reason, it is the one we are supporting. Not prostate, not lung....breast cancer. Whatever it takes, we should be able to find a cure.

Okay....back to watching ds play wii

Hi there ladies. Checking in. Got a stomach bug about 4pm yesterday and have been down and out since then. Still feel not so great but will live....didn't think I would before 4 today. Throwing up all night but am still able to get Water down so Im sticking to liquids as much as possible. Trying to stay hydrated. Supposed to have a fill on Monday so I don't want to ruin that. It's been since November when she took almost all of it out.

As for the 3day Car, you can find the schedule of events at Welcome to the Breast Cancer 3-Day: Schedule . The one in the twin cities works better for my schedule, but Seattle would get me out to meet Karri which I have wanted to do since she introduced me to this wonderful thread right after my surgery. There is one in Denver you know. I'm going to have to get the go ahead from my doc before I say I will do it. I'm probably going to need an MRI on my lower back to rule out any forthcoming surgery...or rule it in. After my crud last night I can hardly walk. I'm afraid it is going to blow out any time now. I don't know how long it will be after surgery until I can be back to myself. I hope not long. Or maybe training for the 3day will make it better. I don't know. When do you go to France?

Okay....too much thinking. Getting foggy again. Will check in later tonight. Love you ladies. Tell Linda hi for me. I'm so jealous.

Hugs Steph - I too have always been afraid of stomach flu with the band - knock wood - haven't had any problems - but I can't tell you the last time I had stomach flu..

Well you know that walk is in San Diego too :rolleyes:

Gosh I am going to be sad to miss that one - cuz I want to meet My Daughter too ...

In fact Karri where are you - have you lost it - are you in jail - what's up girl..

Candice - how are you today

Donna - what's your weekend plans

Car - What are you doing

Kari - hope you are having fun

Phyl - hope the wind doesn't get too bad

Well - just cking in - cbl

Hugs Steph - I too have always been afraid of stomach flu with the band - knock wood - haven't had any problems - but I can't tell you the last time I had stomach flu..

Well you know that walk is in San Diego too :rolleyes:

Gosh I am going to be sad to miss that one - cuz I want to meet My Daughter too ...

In fact Karri where are you - have you lost it - are you in jail - what's up girl..

Candice - how are you today

Donna - what's your weekend plans

Car - What are you doing

Kari - hope you are having fun

Phyl - hope the wind doesn't get too bad

Well - just cking in - cbl

Holed up inside away from the wind. Water aerobics & hot tub this morning, then we took a friend to lunch over at our cafe. Been inside ever since! Skipped choir practice... still coughing too much, and off and on headache. Wanted to go hear a jazz group tonight, but couldn't face going out in the wind even just up to the clubhouse! We'll go out tomorrow.. costco, wal-mart. Would like to go to COD if it's not too windy.

28_3_10.gif

Holed up inside away from the wind. Water aerobics & hot tub this morning, then we took a friend to lunch over at our cafe. Been inside ever since! Skipped choir practice... still coughing too much, and off and on headache. Wanted to go hear a jazz group tonight, but couldn't face going out in the wind even just up to the clubhouse! We'll go out tomorrow.. costco, wal-mart. Would like to go to COD if it's not too windy.

28_3_10.gif

It's breezy here - but not bad - my feet are cold though

I need to go and get some new visors & sun glasses from COD - Maybe I will do that (if I remember) after I take the dogs to the groomers... Note to self- COD tomorrow :0)

I am ok I think mine is allergies - the claredin really helps..

O.k. its Saturday!!! I finally got off my but and got some exercise in.

Yesterday, Bowling for Big Bros and Big Sisters, so that kids can go to camp this summer... My hubby and I raised $150 it was fun.. the whole Clinic staff participated..Then we had a Pot luck at my boss's house afterwards.

Today, I went for a power walk with DH and Doggies... oh my gosh it IS starting to warm up here... all the snow mounds are melting.. Its muddy and wet but at least its disappearing.. YEAH!!!:lol:

Going to France the last week of June and the first wk of July... really looking forward to it too. Gotta get this blubber off before then!~:laugh:

Stephanie; I hope you are taking good care of yourself, gastro-flu is yucky at the best of times... but with a band? I don't know if I could survive that. Keep up with the liquids if you can, take a Gravol Supository too that might help you keep liquids down so you don't get dehydrated.

Phyl; is your cold finally gone? I hope it didn't settle in your chest..

This has b een a bad winter for bugs, I've had 4 cold sores on my mouth this winter... I usually only get one...:thumbup:

Janet & Phyl; You guys get to see Linda this week eh? Oh that would be so good to see her.. GIve her a BIG Canadian Bear HUG from ME:thumbup:

Good morning ladies. I hope you are all having a wonderful Saturday. I'm on the uphill swing with being sick. I feel great except for my back. Can't blame that on the bug though.

Not much to report since I slept most of the last 2 days. At least when I'm sleeping I'm not thinking of food. I don't seem to have done my band any damage. I ate some Cereal for bfast this morning and it was good.

DH and I are going out for dinner tonight with the snowmobile club. I'll be having a tuna steak and salad, no potato. No cocktails because of my pain meds. It should be a good food day.

There was something else I was thinking I needed to tell you all but can't remember right now. If I think of it I'll pop back in. If my back feels up to it I might take the puppies for a walk. Maybe one at a time though so I don't get pulled quite so much.

Later taters

Steph- glad your feeling a little better. My DH was violently ill Wed. My secretary gave me a phernagen and it saved my baby's life. We wouldv'e had to go to the emergency room without it. She was bad off. I think she had food poisoning.

Steph

Glad you are feeling better - when do you go back to the doc about your back- having surger :) is this from your last snowmobile accident...

Candice

Yep will see Linda Monday.... I will give her a hug for you...

Well not much going on here yesterday I see - I cleaned my closet - bath & bed room

Took the dogs to the groom - my girl either quit or got fired and the guy who did them was terrible - angel looks like shit - bear not that bad - but angel - ended up getting the price of angels grooming refunded...

Steph

Glad you are feeling better - when do you go back to the doc about your back- having surger :) is this from your last snowmobile accident...

Candice

Yep will see Linda Monday.... I will give her a hug for you...

Well not much going on here yesterday I see - I cleaned my closet - bath & bed room

Took the dogs to the groom - my girl either quit or got fired and the guy who did them was terrible - angel looks like shit - bear not that bad - but angel - ended up getting the price of angels grooming refunded...

Good Morning!

Sorry to hear your dogs ended up with a bad "do"!! That's gotta be annoying! How long before it'll grow in so you can get them done again?

Time Warner... gotta love em! They came yesterday to replace the neighbor's cable because his TV picture was fuzzy. So we come home from shopping... we have DirecTV sattelite, so we still had TV but no phone or internet! Guy just came and replaced our cable. So now we all have cables laying on the ground... buried ones are old and dead. I was able to tap in to a neighbor's wi-fi last night, so I was still online. But no phone except for cell phone which only works if you sit absolutely still and only in the front of the RV. But I was able to talk to my sister last night, and we talked to our son.

I think I forgot to tell you guys this... remember last year when my Aunt Genny died the last day we were here.. Mar 31? Well, her husband died this past week.. Uncle Frank. Services tomorrow. Thought Mom would take it harder, but she's doing okay. He was like another brother to her. He was dx'd w/lung cancer about the same time Aunt Genny got sick. Kind of ironic.... just about a year later. He lost his fight when he lost his "Irish"... that's what he called her.

Steph... hope your back is feeling better!

Earl is off flying airplanes, so I'm going to church alone again! Not singing in the choir today because I didn't go to practice AGAIN ... feeling too miserable on Friday. So, guess I'll see if I can finish reading the paper before I leave. CBL

12_1_128.gif

Hi ladies. Home from church. I've got to do something about my children. Holy thoughts are the furthest thing from my mind while I'm in church. It's dreadfully sinful for me to even be there with them

Janet, I inherited some great stuff from my dad. He gave me his short legs, his horrible vision, his penchant for....lets call them lectures, and his weak back. After 3 years of drill team in high school doing splits and high kicks for an hour every day, 3 c-sections, and a decade and a half of obesity, my lower back has just about given out. When I went to the doc a couple of months ago I knew he was going to have bad news because he had always said my pain was caused by my obesity and if I would just lose weight, it would be better, and now he didn't have that to fall back on. So I KNEW it wasn't good. He said that by the symptoms I was describing he was sure that one of my lower discs was about to blow and if we did an MRI we would see a large bulge where it was weakened. My dad had a blown disk at about 45, my brother before he was 40. Every man in his family has had a blown disk and a few of the women. He said there wasn't really anything we could do until it ruptures. When I went to the chiro he said about the same thing, but that I may find some relief with accupuncture and so I tried that. Now I'm worried that if I start walking 10 miles a day I may do it more damage than good. I can't get in to see him until the 27th. If he says it's alright I'll start the 3day walk training, otherwise I'll see what he says. My brother says I will be so relieved when I finally have surgery. I hope he is right. So, probably more than you wanted to know, but that's the scoop.

Okay...gotta go deal with the kids. They are going to kill each other today I think. Later ladies

Steph, I hope the acupuncture helps and you can avoid surgery.

Janet, thanks for asking about my plans. I went shopping on Saturday with the family (one of my favorite pastimes) and played way too much Mob Wars.

Ladies, I need more mobsters!

Steph, I hope the acupuncture helps and you can avoid surgery.

Janet, thanks for asking about my plans. I went shopping on Saturday with the family (one of my favorite pastimes) and played way too much Mob Wars. Ladies, I need more mobsters!

My FB addiction is already way out of control, but I've tried Mob Wars and I just don't get it! I'm already doing Parking Wars, Tossing Possums, sometimes Speed Racing, and of course Pathwords and Challenge Sudoku, my WORST addictions, but I don't get Mob Wars. Put something in my inbox explaining.. maybe that will help.

36_6_12.gif 36_6_13.gif

Steph, I'm sure we all appreciate the info on your back. You surely better not do too much until after you get more from your doc... MRI soon, did you say? Your brother may be right about the surgery... not fun, but will probably feel so much better if you do it.

13_1_107.gif

Steph, so sorry about your back pain. That's got to hurt.

Phyl- Sorry about your uncle, I'm not staying here without my Irish either.

Janet- Is Angel embarrassed? Mischief gives me daggers when I give him a bad do.

I'm doing homework as usual. If anyones heard of PGX, it's this Fiber crap that's supposed to keep you full, stabalize blood sugar, and lower cholesterol. I took some yesterday, and I think it messed with my guts. My plumbing feels yucky!!

Okay...I missed something about Phyl's uncle?

Janet, I used to try to cut my shitzus' hair myself. They always looked horrid. Then when my long hair Pickles was alive we had to clip her twice a year. I couldn't find anyone to do it so I HAD to do it myself. Poor thing looked like a lion on chemo. It grows out but it takes a long time.

Denise, sorry about your guts. Are you taking it for cholesterol? It does take time to get used to new meds. I hope your body adapts in a couple of days...sooner if possible.

Where's Karri? Where's Kari? How's our Momma to be? Check in everyone!!!

Okay. Backed up. Phyl, so sorry to hear about your uncle. I had an aunt and uncle that died within hours of each other, both naturally. His name was Ed and hers was Edna. I don't remember which went first but the authorities didn't even get there for one before the other passed. It really is amazing what true love can conquer.

Hugs for you.