Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Did I NOT mention that you guys talk too much when I'm away? You could give a girl a complex! Good thing I checked in tonight or I would have been sunk tomorrow.

Phyl, enjoy your trip!!! Will be thinking about you.

Donna, I wouldn't accept anyone that I don't know mutually with someone else. I did add some Orea d-zooloo or someone from DC but others here have added her and I guessed it was okay if you guys said it was!

Tom showed up today and I was too busy to go do something about him so I just suffered through all day. That really sucked!!! And then he reared his ugly nasty nappy head tonight and I caved with Butterfinger. But only one stick...and a few pieces of licorice. But bought the small pack so I couldn't go crazy. I hate tom...he sucks!!!

Phyl, awesome loss. You are da woman!!! You should be so excited! And you are so wii faithful!

Car...you make me chuckle everytime I read your posts. I bet IRL we would be great girl friends. You had better make it to the next 7 meeting....July in Canada...or Vegas at Thanksgiving. You just kill me. No more MIA for you!!! {hugs}

Okay...I have a long day tomorrow and I'm beat. Love you ladies. Quit talking so much!!! Actually tomorrow I might be able to sneak in once or twice so it shouldn't be too bad. Love you anyways.

Steph - Orea is cool she's from the 50's thread... I'm so glad Tom is out of my life !!!! No more candy :0) hugs the food cop :o

I'm always up for travel as long as it's pretty short (< 1 week). I save my long trips for you-know-where.

I know where Candice is going. I know where Candice is going and she's not taking us! Soooo, what are you going to bring us back? Huh? Hey gang, maybe Peaches would just get toooo lonely without us and maybe we should all surprise her with a group visit on HER vacation? We could sleep on the floor. No, huh. I think I just heard a definite "no" from our northern-most member. Did you know that the lapband procedure originated in Lyon France?

This typing in the dark on this tinsey keyboard ain't my idea of bedtime fun. Guess I'll curl around my Brittany girl-dog and catch some zzzzzs. Night girls.

Luv,

Car

Car I have already popped in on Peaches vacation - when she went to Vegas - I just invited myself :tt2: I don't think she minded - but France and this Vaca w/DH - ah don't think I will invite myself to that one - :wink: I am bold but not that :smile:

WTG on the scales - keep it up!!!

Car!!! I just have a minute but I just noticed your ticker!!!! You are THERE girl! Less than a pound! We are going to do something amazing when you shout the G word!!!

Okay...off to work. Will try to check in today. Have a great Saturday!

Work on Saturday :lol: well don't work to hard...

Sorry I have been absent lately. Things finally hit a head with my student teacher and I have been in meetings all week trying to get rid of him. Thursday was his last day. He came in on Friday to pick up his stuff and turn in his key. Now it comes down to me covering an entire standard (3 -4 weeks of material) in 1 week. My kids seem on board so hopefully we can sprint this marathon to the end.

Therefore the next 2 weeks are going to be hectic. Teaching like a mad woman the next week and then assessing the following week. THank goodness we only have 3 weeks until spring break.

We are going to Vegas April 2-5 to watch the Mariner's Spring Training game at Cashman field. That is also our anniversary weekend so it will be nice.

Oh yeah...and we will NOT be moving to Vegas. The economy just scares us to bad right now...AND they lost most of my application materials AND part of my phone interview. Right now DH and I have stable and secure jobs. So we decided that the money that we would spend to move down there would be used for us to travel when the weather got bad here! My surgery will be paid off in about 9 months so that means that we would have money to spend by the time winter gets here. I am a little bummed but I did just get word from my school that I am going to get all the lower level science students next year. For most people that would make them run like the wind, but it was actually a request that I made. I love the kids that struggle and that really need a good role model. THose are the kids that I understand because that should have been me with the kind of mom that I had. It IS my brother. So you know what they say...one man's garbage is another mans treasure. That seems sad to say about kids, but there are so many teachers who really believe that they are garbage.

Well that is my news. I had best get going I have a ton of planning to do.

Steph - Orea is cool she's from the 50's thread... I'm so glad Tom is out of my life !!!! No more candy :0) hugs the food cop :o

Car I have already popped in on Peaches vacation - when she went to Vegas - I just invited myself :tt2: I don't think she minded - but France and this Vaca w/DH - ah don't think I will invite myself to that one - :wink: I am bold but not that :smile:

Work on Saturday :lol: well don't work to hard...

Too funny Car!!!

Food Friday : CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,123/111/37/54

Not too bad considering my SIL and her hubby were here overnight... I make Prime Rib, Mashed potatoes, Carrots and Squash... Yum!!! But I ate my tiny, tiny portions... my SIL says "Wow, you look great, what have you been doing?"

So I told her about my Lapband... cause my Bro-inn-law has gained 60 lbs since retiring from General Motors.... Its aweful, cause he's such a nice guy... so perhaps I've planted a seed.

I have finished my quilt for my Great Nephew who is the Hockey fan... He loves the Detroit Red Wings, so thats what I made him...

CBL

Good Morning Gang

Candice - you did really well with your calories - Love your menu - making me hungry...

Well not much to report on - went to my fav store Marshall's yesterday - there was this orange/white sundress that I tried on last week for $39 - well yesterday marked down to $15 - ya see why I love Marshalls.....

Karri

Sad to hear you aren't coming this way - I was just thinking about that yesterday while I was out and about - but totally understand - with the way things are now a day..

Yep - I'm for the under dogs too - the kid's that pple throw away or don't care about - I'm proud of you for what a great teacher you are - too bad more aren't like you..

Well off the the shower - I have a khol's gift card burning a hole in my pocket - then I think I will come home and veg in front of the t.v.

CBL

O.k. not tracking my calories today.... its a WRITE off!!!

As Scarlet O'Hara once said "after all, tomorrows another day" :wink:

Got the quilt finished I'll post a pic here and see you y'all like it.

post-220921-1381313820177_thumb.jpg

Steph - Orea is cool she's from the 50's thread... I'm so glad Tom is out of my life !!!! No more candy :0) hugs the food cop :thumbup:

Car I have already popped in on Peaches vacation - when she went to Vegas - I just invited myself :rant: I don't think she minded - but France and this Vaca w/DH - ah don't think I will invite myself to that one - :wink: I am bold but not that :frown:

Work on Saturday :smash: well don't work to hard...

LAPBAND originating in Lyon France... too funny... as I have a "FRENCH MID BAND"... that's what my surgeon uses in all his patients.

So I am taking my BAND home to visit!! :eek: It's going to be a great trip! My Hubby is retiring from the Navy and this trip is to Celebrate that occasion.

Got back from our trip a couple of hours ago. Thought my ears were going to blow up going over mountain pass Friday. Didn't feel well all weekend, but still had an enjoyable time. Our friend's 60th birthday/retirement party. Pretty good weekend foodwise. Ate practically nothing today.... too tight. Our friends invited everyone back to their house for Breakfast this morning. Scrambled eggs... okay, but turkey low fat sausage and ham... very dry. I had just one sausage, one small piece of ham that I ended up giving to Earl, and he finished my eggs, too. Didn't feel like eating all day after that. I think going over the pass again made it worse. No Snacks, no lunch, and when we got home had a few little pieces of gorgonzola cheese and a little smoked salmon. Now I feel really full again. Didn't get in all my liquids today either. Been working on a small glass of wine for two hours and it's still not half gone.

15_9_15.gif

Supposed to go out with Red Hat ladies for lunch tomorrow, but not unless I'm feeling a whole lot better... and can eat something!

Steph - Orea is cool she's from the 50's thread...

Orea is also one my July Butterflies so I can vouch for her as well. :party:

Candice - OMG what a freaking beautiful quilt - you have skills girl !!!!!

Phyl - Glad you are home safe - have Earl make you some chicken soup.... it does work - and sounds like you have restriction !!!!! Now you see what I mean by being pouch full but still hungry mentally cuz you barely ate anything..

Well, this morning scales finally (2 weeks later) said 138 !!!

It was the shopping - all that takeing off an putting on clothes :party:

Ok cbl :hurray:

Phyl - Glad you are home safe - have Earl make you some chicken soup.... it does work - and sounds like you have restriction !!!!! Now you see what I mean by being pouch full but still hungry mentally cuz you barely ate anything..

It was the shopping - all that takeing off an putting on clothes :party: Ok cbl :hurray:

Good Morning!

Yes, Candice... beautiful quilt.

Congrats on the morning weight, Janet!

Head is a little clearer this morning... taking musinex and some other multi-symptom thing and it's helped some. I want to go to lunch with the Red Hatters this morning, so took both of them!!

Probably won't be able to eat much, but trying to get acquainted with these ladies and only 6 more weeks left here.

Didn't exercise, though... so my exercise tracker still says 00 for the month!

Maybe it will move tomorrow.

It was the shopping - all that takeing off an putting on clothes :mellow:

Ok cbl :cool2:

Hey Girlfriend!

There are a box of Donuts sitting in the staff room at work. OMG, I almost took one - as yesterday was bad, bad, bad....

Donuts will get STUCK right? That's why I can't have one:thumbup:

I am glad you like my quilt... I hope DGrtNephew likes it. He's in grade 11 highschool... a big kid now, but a sweetie... I just hope he's not embarrassed his Auntie made him a quilt.

175.6 this a.m. not too shabby, if I stick to my cals today... the rest of the week will go o.k.

I have that ONE POUND per week goal that I just have to stick to.....October will be here before you know it and also I have 13 wks until FRANCE... so... I could be 161 lbs by the time I go to France... I shouldn't screw it up:rolleyes:

OMG I want one donut... no I don't....:thumbup:

Congrats on your 138 lbs.!!!!!

Edited by peaches9

3.- Chim, Congrats on baby. Loved the pictures

Thank you Kirajh! I am so excited.

Tom showed up today and I was too busy to go do something about him so I just suffered through all day. That really sucked!!! And then he reared his ugly nasty nappy head tonight and I caved with Butterfinger. But only one stick...and a few pieces of licorice. But bought the small pack so I couldn't go crazy. I hate tom...he sucks!!!

Yes, TOM does suck...but I won't be seeing one for quite a while. I really do crave a lot of chocolate during that time. Usually M&Ms or brownies. I would love some brownies right now...:thumbup:

Candice, I am soooo jealous!!!! I have been wanting to go to France for the longest! I took French all throughout high school and part of college. That is so neat. Tell your hubby congrats. And that quilt looked great. You are good. I'm learning how to knit and am working on a scarf. It's actually very relaxing.

Karri, have fun in Vegas. Never been, but will probably be heading out there some time this year. We'll see.

Aunti Phyl, I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Just get some good rest, lots of fluids, and chix noodle Soup. I know I get so annoyed and aggravated when I get sick. Mucinex is my friend.

Janet, you're doing great. The lbs are just falling off, huh? You crack me up w/all of your shopping excursions. That soooo used to be me. I had to cut myself back b/c I was getting pretty bad. But nowwwww, I will have to get new clothes b/c of the pregnancy. I've already picked out a dress from A Pea In the Pod for a summer wedding I have to attend. :mellow:

Pregnancy Update: I'm 7 weeks now. I'm doing pretty well. No morning sickness (M/S) *knock on wood*. I've just been dealing w/dizziness and swelling of the boobs and legs/feet. I have to get new bras already! And I'm already starting to show some. Pants are getting snugger-definitely don't like that feeling, but it's okay. It's just playing w/my mind a little bit. I have to keep telling myself it's just the pregnancy and not me going overboard. Other than that, all is well! Just excited about it all and waiting for the lil pumpkin to get here. :thumbup:

O.k. not tracking my calories today.... its a WRITE off!!!

As Scarlet O'Hara once said "after all, tomorrows another day" :thumbup:

Got the quilt finished I'll post a pic here and see you y'all like it.

Hey there Peach,

Feel free to leave one of those at the house. Color scheme = green, white, black, gold. Marine theme would be nice. Are you counting the days?

Where is my Steph?

I knew I smelled that roast in the east-bound winds. We just had glazed brisket with roast potatoes. Not even St. P's day yet.

Temp in the high 60's today. Yes, this is Denver in March.

Love to ya all.

Car