Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hi, gang,

Got back to the desert Friday afternoon. Brought home a bug, so kind of dragging this weekend. I was determined to go to the Date Festival yesterday despite feeling miserable. It was good to get out in the nice warm sunshine, but, same old, same old.

Not tolerating food well between the fill last Monday and this flu or whatever I brought back with me. Throat sore and feels swollen, band feels tight. Had a good time with the little ones, but daughter was coughing all week and I wiped a few runny noses. Didn't think I was going to get it, but the very last day, throat started feeling sore and I knew I wasn't going to avoid it.

On a positive note.... It was AMAZING to:

1. sit comfortably in an airplane seat without the arms squishing my butt,

2. not to have to ask for a seat belt extender,

3. be able to put down the little tray table thingy and have it sit level and not rest on my stomach!!

It was WONDERFUL!

320v.gif

Phyl, Ain't it great to be "seat-size" on an airplane and not have the person next to you staring like you're a serial killer?!

Luv,

Car

Things have been bumpy around here. I keep going through all of the stress reducing tips and techniques that my therapist gave me...but since they don't seem to work it makes me MORE stressed out. It is a vicious circle. Almost PB'd my Breakfast this morning. I managed to keep it down so that I wouldn't have to go on liquids. My snack isn't going down much better. The problem with liquids is that they are so carb heavy and I "eat' too many of them so the weight goes to a scary place. Due to my incidents with being too tight I have gained all the weight that I have lost over the weeks prior. I know that most of it is Water weight...my ring is TIGHT. So I figure it is water ...or all my fat is forming in my hands.

I am back to training for my marathon after my IT band injury. It felt good to push it at the gym last night.

Well I had best get going I need to write a rubric for a student who is going independent study because she can't handle my student teacher.

Things have been bumpy around here. I keep going through all of the stress reducing tips and techniques that my therapist gave me...but since they don't seem to work it makes me MORE stressed out. It is a vicious circle. Almost PB'd my breakfast this morning. I managed to keep it down so that I wouldn't have to go on liquids. My snack isn't going down much better. The problem with liquids is that they are so carb heavy and I "eat' too many of them so the weight goes to a scary place. Due to my incidents with being too tight I have gained all the weight that I have lost over the weeks prior. I know that most of it is Water weight...my ring is TIGHT. So I figure it is water ...or all my fat is forming in my hands.

I am back to training for my marathon after my IT band injury. It felt good to push it at the gym last night.

Well I had best get going I need to write a rubric for a student who is going independent study because she can't handle my student teacher.

Karri,

I don't remember if we've talked about those proticcino shake bottles that I have bought in the past. They are the ONLY Protein I can do liquid wise. Very thin and only 8 oz. You buy it already in the bottle and just add water, shake and drink. They are thin enough that it's like drinking water for me. They are sugar free, aspartame free. There is caffiene in them but it doesn't seem like as much as a cup of coffee. If you are a coffee drinker, I mix it up as a coffee drink by just adding coffee instead of water.

You can look at them by following this link TEMP OUT OF STOCK - EXPECTED BACK IN STOCK BY 2/27 <bR>- Proticcino BOTTLED Drink Mix <br>- Diet Health and Sports WISE <br>(Price is per bottle) <bR>

They are out of stock right now but if you want I can send you a couple to try. Low cal, no carb, 15g protien. They are my life saver. The place also is free shipping over $50 or something like that. A case lasted me 6 months. They never spoil and I can carry them everywhere.

Hope it gets better. Hope that helps. Just let me know if you want me to send a couple. They are just powder so they will cost nothing to ship.

Hugs on the stress. Wish I had any help in that department.

Good morning ladies. Just doing a drive by posting to let you all know I'm still lurking about.

I had a fill scheduled today but decided to cancel it because I've been feeling a bit tight the past couple of days. I've been hungry, but the band doesn't seem too happy with solids so I thought I'd ride it out a little longer. I NEVER WANT TO REPEAT THE TOO TIGHT FEELING EVER AGAIN! Can I get an AMEN to that? :smile:

Eh-men! to that Sista

I just wanted to share this: It still blows my mind that I can actually feel stuffed on 1/3 of the amount that used to be my normal amount. When my band is relatively open, the food can go through and hit the stomach and I get that pre-band full feeling and it amazes me.

Hi ladies. Good morning to you all!

I'm off to the west. I'll be around but not sure how much. Have a good week while I'm gone. Don't chat too much....last time I came back there were almost 10 pages to catch up on!

Hugs to you all.

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,096/132/28/72 Tuesdays food totals.

Hi ladies. Good morning to you all!

I'm off to the west. I'll be around but not sure how much. Have a good week while I'm gone. Don't chat too much....last time I came back there were almost 10 pages to catch up on!

Hugs to you all.

Have a safe trip, we'll miss you!

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,;1362964

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,0661362964Whoops, don't know what happened there.... food for today

Where the heck is everyone? Watching American Idol I guess :thumbup:

Hello Everyone, I haven't posted in awhile. I've been basically doing nothing in my time off. I didn't win the lottery, so I will have to go back to work tomorrow. Maybe if I woulda bought a ticket, I woulda had a better chance.

Hey Janet, Is there a white dot on your black pants in the photo, or is that a space between your thighs? Space between thighs, WOW, that is something I can only dream about. :tt2::thumbup:

I don't wanna go to work, YUCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!:thumbup::thumbdown:

HI ladies. Just a quick check in before bed. Made it west safe and sound. Only a couple quick stops across but did stop at Sams and looked at an eliptical. Will check out costco while in Helena and see what they have.

Okay...off to bed. Hugs to you all

HI ladies. Just a quick check in before bed. Made it west safe and sound. Only a couple quick stops across but did stop at Sams and looked at an eliptical. Will check out costco while in Helena and see what they have.

Okay...off to bed. Hugs to you all

Hugs back, Steph. Glad you traveled safely. We're going up to Three Rivers CA this weekend... friend's 60th birthday/retirement party. Driving up Friday, festivities on Saturday, drive back on Sunday.

This weeks is going pretty okay... crud is moving from my head down to my chest... starting to cough, but actually feeling better with the transition. Coughing is just annoying. Haven't missed any exercise, though it was quite tempting to skip. Looking forward to weigh in tomorrow. Hope its a good one!

12_1_3v.gif

Janet,

Have you ever tried to right click and save your post before you hit submit?

When you highlight your post to change the font, color, etc., its very easy for it to all disappear if you hit any other key while its still highlighted. As soon as you make your changes, put your cursor on a white space and un-highlight to keep it from going away.

Hope I'm not just confusing you, but I've had it all disappear and know how infuriating that is!

Good Morning Gang

I have been super busy at work - never got a chance to post yesterday or the night before - Went to the attonery on Wed - OMG never ending - so after that I went to Marshalls cuz I was depress :tt2:- I love marshalls - 1 jean skirt - 2 long dresses - belt - and workout pants - I felt better :thumbup:

Car - I use to keep track of my miles - but haven't since I quit tracking calories - (i tracked exercise to back then) but in the 1st yr 7/07 to 7/08 I went to the gym 179 day and so if you took 3 x 179 = 537 - that would be a guess cuz in the beginning I didn't do 3 miles - I was lucky to get a mile or 2 miles in..

Last night my trainer complement me on how agile i am now adays - asked if I noticed the diff - I say oh ya - that's the very best part of all this (weight loss) I am quicker on my feet - I don't have the pains in my hips that I had - I can move without being exhausted....

Denise how did Madi Gra go - any king cake or celebrating??

white dot lmao - now that you have the treadmil - you can get there too...

Karri

- fat can't get on your fingers that fast - so it's Water :tongue:-

Arent you just amazed when you type those word - I enjoyed working out...

Steph glad you made it safe have a good time enjoy your time away from home

Candice - only watch 1 hr of idol last nite then to bed - tivo it so will watch tonite - Doing good on your calories girl...

Phyl - so proud of you for keeping up the exercise even when you aren't feeling welll that in itself is a great NSV..

Well gang off to watch a little news - well really the weather to see how I need to dress for the day...

Will CBL

ps - phyl the reason I lost my post yesterday - is that I started at 7:30 - left the computer for meeting came back and finished (which was around 10ish) hit submit and I think do to it sitting to long with out activity is why - ya I noticed that high lited issue though - i have caused that to happen to...

Hi Gang,

The lapbandtalk server was weird yesterday. Not available much in the afternoon, which, as you can see, is when I have time to log on.

For those of you who are having problems changing colors and fonts after you write your message, try selecting both before you start writing and you don't have to worry about those accidental slips which kill the whole conversation.

Got on the scale yesterday after my early morning exercise and I was up 4 lbs.....sound familiar? I think I cheated before my last formal weigh-in by donating blood in the morning. Hey, what can I tell ya? I know every trick in the book. But cake and pies are now definitely off the menu, and I am measuring the amount of Slow Churned Ice Cream before I add it to my dinner Protein Shake.

We were supposed to train dogs this Saturday (good for 5000 steps), but our big boy Bobby aggravated the paw he injured last week by hunting too long. He hadn't been out in the field for several weeks and my husband just got too enthusiastic running down errant pheasants. The Bobs just doesn't know how to lie down and woof "enough". Our hunting tests start up again in April and we would like to get both pups finished as "Junior Hunters" ASAP. To me, dog training is a much more fun way to exercise than walking on my treadmill (although I still do that with my girl-pup Ruth Anne Magilicutty).

Better emulate work.

Hugs to all,

Car

LBT is impossible to get on these days.

Anyway, I have a completely random, unrelated posting:

OMG! I just got a request from a stranger asking me to friend him on Facebook and join his mob on Mob Wars. I'm actually tempted to accept because I'm clearly out of my mind and way too addicted to Mob Wars. Do you think it's wrong of me for even considering accepting the friend request? :)