Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When to weigh in?

I don't know if it's silly to ask but when does everyone prefer to weight themselves? I feel like in the am your light so I don't want to cheat myself but maybe I'll be bloated by the end of the night. Suggestions?

What the right weight?

There is not right or wrong here. I will say that weighing yourself too much will make you crazy. I don't weigh myself until I go to the doctor's. However if you need more than that no more than once a week. Anytime you choose but try to keep to that schedule and weigh yourself the same time on the same scale each week.

I weigh myself in the morning while I'm getting ready to go, in my undies.

Not sure why mornings except that it's quick & convenient as part of my morning routine.

My suggestion is- it doesn't matter what time you weigh yourself or what you wear doing it.

The most important thing is:

do it at the same time of day, every time you weigh yourself. Bloated or light- it'll be consistent

If you want, wear regular clothes without shoes or nothing at all

whatever you decide, wear similar clothes (not all bulked up) each time you weigh

For reg. street clothes, you can average about 2 lbs off the scale-number for the clothes-weight

If you don't weigh at same time of day, you can get a lot of frustrating variations showing up on the scale, which hinders motivation.

I'm two weeks out and I just got my own scale I'll either weight myself once a week or every other maybe even only once a month.

I just want to get a schedule set ya know?

I weigh daily. Just because I started an app on my phone to track. It doesn't bother me to see a stall or gain though. I don't really rely on the numbers so much as the way I feel and the way my clothes fit. What ever or whenever u do weight don't be a prisoner to ur numbers :)

I had a post that was somewhat similar to this the other day. Like @@BLERDgirl , I try to only weigh myself at the doctor's office. I figured that is where I had my "official" weigh in and that is the scale that I use. I try to pop in once every 3 weeks or so to weigh in. This past week I actually weighed in 3 times within 24 hours on 3 different scales and the weight difference between 2 scales was 9 lbs. This is why I only use one scale.< /p>

I weigh my self every morning as part of my routine. I do this because I track it on my fitness pal as part of my daily routine as well and would not remember if it was weekly. Also, I don't get hung up if I don't lose anything, it just helps me know that I need to pay attention. I have set NON scale goals so I really don't care what the scale says. Although I do get excited to see myself losing, it makes this all worth while.

I suffer from Psoriatic Arthritis and have not been able to ride a real bike since I had back surgery in 2001. My number 1 goal is to get back on a bike this spring and ride it around my neighborhood. As long as my weight gets in line and I keep up strength training, I will make that first goal.

I get up, go pee, and then weigh naked before my shower. Every morning. If you are rational, you will realize that not every day will be a loss and some days may show a gain. The body is an intricate machine. Weight changes due to many factors including hormones, hydration, and pooping. I officially record my weight on Mondays. That's a hard day to record because I can get a little loose with my eating over the weekend. But, I've stuck with it. It all depends on how you can deal with the ups and downs. If it's difficult, then don't do every day. Do once a week, or once a month.

I weigh daily first thing in the morning. I track it, then move on. I don't get on the scale again, because it most certainly will be different. I watch and track trends. Now that I'm in maintenance, I still have the same routine, but I watch the monthly average. The daily incremental weights tell me if I'm track or not. A slight gain will remind me to course-correct, and adjust my diet accordingly.

In the mornings, post bathroom. Ideally post poop, but that doesn't always happen. Ha!

It is depend upon your figure requirement. What type of figure you want? But if you want to lose weight then one thing remember every time don't use medicine and dieting because it can be dangerous. Use most of natural products fruits & mineral products and based on exercise also.

I weigh myself every morning,but record once a week.

I have always weighed myself first thing in the morning after I use the bathroom and usually naked. I also try to make doctors appointments in the morning and usually wear the same type of clothing so it's consistent. Lol

I also weigh in the morning every day. Keeps me accountable and I make better food choices.