Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't Wait to Get the Band Out

Spent another night with no sleep ... broccoli from dinner got stuck and just aggravated the band. Had pain and acid reflux all night. The band is still tight this morning, barely able to get coffee down. I haven't had any Fluid in my band since June and this keeps happening. I can't wait until they remove it on the 25th!

I know what your going through, I felt the same way with the band. It's so nice to have that foreign object out of my body. I am 12 days post feeling happy about my decision to get the sleeve! Good Luck!

it's interesting in that my surgeon for my upcoming sleeve, has told me he stopped doing lap bands about 8 months ago because they just don't work effectively and too many have to be removed. I wonder how many more surgeons are facing this realization and how much longer they will be used.

It appears to be a process they are moving away from. My surgeon said they don't recommend the band and they have all but stopped doing them. He didn't actually tell me I couldn't have it but he recommended sleeve or bypass. I did sleeve but I don't think anyone in the goup of 15 people that went to tge nutrition meeting with me did the band.

I get my band out on the 26th. I can't wait! I don't have a date yet for the sleeve. Good luck to you on the 25th.

I can't wait to have my band removed on the 24th!!!! I have had troubles earring n drinking all day. I could only get coffee down today

sorry you are going through this. I am getting my band out and my sleeve in on Dec 9. I have not slipped but i have a hiatal hernia which they will repair during surgery. I was also getting acid reflux and could never find the all desirable but ever elusive sweet spot.

@@Alfie, I have a question, so how long did you had the band? I'm also interested in having my band remove but I'm afraid to be denied but it is not agreeing with me :(

thanks so much

@ "Sylar". I had my band surgery in January of 2008. In my experience the approval was quick and the insurance approved my surgery in about 2 weeks. It doesn't hurt to try. All the best.

I cant agree with you more. I had the band in 2008 and after little success and getting the band completely emptied twice to "start over" due to complications ,I finally had it emptied for good in 2013 and on Dec 15th 2014 Im having a revision and having the darn thing taken out and replaced with the sleeve.

I cant agree with you more. I had the band in 2008 and after little success and getting the band completely emptied twice to "start over" due to complications ,I finally had it emptied for good in 2013 and on Dec 15th 2014 Im having a revision and having the darn thing taken out and replaced with the sleeve.

I also had the band in 2008 - going through the process for revision surgery now - hopefully will be approved in January

I spoke to the nurse that sees me she said is too early to think about a revision:( I'll keep waiting, I'm eating a lot less but I'm still not losing weight

I also had the band in 2008 - going through the process for revision surgery now - hopefully will be approved in January

Good luck! I really hope the process goes well for you. It has been the best decision I ever made. Im 2 weeks post op from my revision. Had several issues during surgery because of scar tissue buildup around my port which ended up leading to a post-op infection but now that is healing and life is getting back to normal!

Good luck! I really hope the process goes well for you. It has been the best decision I ever made. Im 2 weeks post op from my revision. Had several issues during surgery because of scar tissue buildup around my port which ended up leading to a post-op infection but now that is healing and life is getting back to normal!

That's what I'm worried about. How much time did you take off from work. My Dr. said to plan on 2 weeks so I have plenty of vacation time saved - my 90 days is complete!! Just waiting now for them to submit to the insurance - after the new year.

That's what I'm worried about. How much time did you take off from work. My Dr. said to plan on 2 weeks so I have plenty of vacation time saved - my 90 days is complete!! Just waiting now for them to submit to the insurance - after the new year.

I took 2 weeks off and it was actually on the day that I was planning to go back to work that my incision opened. But for me at least if it wasn't for that set back 2 weeks off was a perfect amount of time.