Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Normal or not? 6 weeks post op

Had a 3 week and 6 week stall, finally broke at the start of 7th week. I'm losing avg of 4 lbs a week, ill take it.

This thread gives me hope I'm also 6 weeks post op and for the past 2 weeks had been up and down at 210...209..208....I need to leave the scale alone....

I was thinking about going back to the liquid diet for a week just to jump start my weight loss again....I'm only getting about may be 500 calories in per day and cannot for the life of me get in 64oz of Water a day, I'm lucky to get in

24oz...and let's not get started on my Protein

I have been slacking ill admit....so I just need to get back on track! Good luck to all!

This thread gives me hope I'm also 6 weeks post op and for the past 2 weeks had been up and down at 210...209..208....I need to leave the scale alone....

I was thinking about going back to the liquid diet for a week just to jump start my weight loss again....I'm only getting about may be 500 calories in per day and cannot for the life of me get in 64oz of Water a day, I'm lucky to get in

I have been slacking ill admit....so I just need to get back on track! Good luck to all!

I plan my Water. Wake up drink 4 ounces. I usually do a Protein shake in the morning because I'm going to the gym and I can't work out on food. So I have a shake pre & post workout. After lunch I get in maybe another 3-4 ounces of water. Same with Snacks. The biggest help for me is I try to finish dinner by 7pm. I then spend the rest of the evening sipping my water. I avg about 48 ounces a day which is the minimum my doctor wants me to drink. I'd love to hit 64 but I don't know if that will ever happen.

Hi Melissa, Sounds like you've gone a bit off the reservation. If you're not already, I'd suggest jump-starting your day with a Protein shake. Then just eat protein plus a few veggies all day long. And you MUST get your fluids in! Here's how I do it... Hope it helps!

I bought two 24-ounce Tervis Tumblers (and handles) at Bed, Bath & Beyond; one for work and one for home. At least 30 minutes after Breakfast (and after coffee) I fill one up with sugar-free, Decaf Crystal Light (or generic) iced tea and sip it all morning, finishing up at least 30 minutes before lunch. At least 30 minutes after lunch, I fill another and sip it all afternoon. (Sometimes I work in a snack, sometimes I don't.) Then, at least 30 minutes after dinner I fill my last one at home and sip it all evening. That's 72+ ounces of Fluid every day! If I have to go somewhere, I bring my tumbler in the car with me. And if I'm hungry and it's not mealtime or snacktime, I drink even more. If I'm going to a casual party where there won't be anything "appropriate" for me to drink, I bring along more tea in a cooler. A bit obsessive? Perhaps, but it works!

Try to drink TWO bottles! That will help the weight come off AND help you feel satisfied. Good luck!

I had the same problem and was told I was eating too few calories. I increased my calories to around a thousand and that worked for me. I've lost forty pounds since surgery in July and a total of seventy since last March.

I had my VSG on October 10 and I'm down, as of this morning, 39 pounds. I'm extremely pleased. In calculating it out, 6 weeks is 42 days. That's almost a pound a day! Look at the big picture! Just imagine 6 months from now!

So fab. I used Protein drinks( anything low carb,calorie and protein over 15 grams),Also yogurt,cottage cheese and hard boiled eggs are good. fruit is also good. ,nuts, and sugar free pudding too.

I am a little over 5 weeks PO and I am only down a total of 32 pounds. I struggle getting my calories in, and still don't get enough Water. I am just gonna keep trying my best. I too follow all the rules. Cut all the bad carbs, starches, and sugars. Just hang in there. It will come off.