Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vegas recipe/ Need help with posting photos!

karen

Hi everyone....

I enjoyed myself at the Vegas get together more than I thought I would. Each of the bandsters that were there bring special thoughts to my mind. What a wonderful group of special people who are compassionate, funny, and most of all kindred souls in this journey of becoming healthier!!

Well Lisa delegated me to make the cheese dip and I had a few ask me for the recipe...so I thought I would just post it on the board here and let you get it here. Now I have to warn everyone this is sooooo not healthy!...but hey!!!

I also was asked to post before and after photos which I am going to do also! I am not at goal yet.. My surgery goal is a mere 10 lbs away.... but now that I am getting close, I realize I want more than 10 lbs to be gone. So I am changing my goal to "need another 20lbs off" and then I will see how content I am with that weight.... we shall see! I need to instructions on how to post my pictures... I can attach them as files..but does anyone want to really download picture of me? Okay Lisa might.. <grin> but that would be it! <griN>

So recipe first. I guess we could call this Karen's cheese dip since I literally have never made a cheese dip in my life and just decided I would make up something and pray to the food Gods that it would be tasty! <grin> that's the truth!

1 - 2lb box of Velveeta cheese

1 - 8 oz container of sour cream

1- 7oz can of Jalepenos - sliced

1 - 7oz can of "Embasa" (brand name) Salsa Mexicana (bought at Albertsons. It's not like a salsa you would eat plain with chips...

I melted the cheese in the crock pot, added the sour cream and salsa..mixed well...then I put in all of the Jalepenos but I didn't add the juice...then I added the Jalepeno juice to taste. It was not near as spicey as I like, but I was conservative on the "Jali juice" I added -- so whadda ya think? Definitely not healthy huh?! <grin>

So if someone can tell me how to get my pictures posted..that will be next!

Hugs to all of you!

Hey Karen

Thanks for posting your recipe. That dip was so yummy! My family will love it. It goes down way to easy for us bandsters but hey it is good to make for a special occassion which is just what last weekend was. I enjoyed talking with you..you are such a sweet person. Looking forward to seeing your pictures...

This picture is of me and my "Ex" mother in law.... yep EX..and had been an "ex" for over 3 years!.... in Hawaii. When I saw this picture of me, I knew that I HAD to do something.. I was so distraught when I saw this picture. I had no idea how I really looked....

post-203734-13813131444569_thumb.jpg

My after taken a few weeks ago with my "baby boy" who is now 13 and 5'5" .... size 11 shoe... for reference, he weights about 150 lbs

post-203734-13813131445253_thumb.jpg

I am putting in this face shot so you can see how dramatically my face changed with the weight loss..comparing the befores and afters. People who have known me for years do not recognize me...crazy!!!!

post-203734-13813131445704_thumb.jpg

Those are really great photos, Karen! You're right. It looks like 2 totally different people. You really are a pretty lady and I feel blessed to have met you. Congratulations to you for reclaiming your life!

Wow, Karen, so that's what -90 lbs. looks like? That is wonderful! I know you are really enjoying life w/ your handsome son and that beautiful granddaughter (who shares that great smile w/ you)! I think you look "at goal" right now! Fantastic!:cool:

You look so good, Karen! And you're a grandma!?! Your skin looks so good, I wouldn't have believed it. Your son will be way bigger than you in no time.

Thanks for posting these great pictures.

Karen,

Your an inspiration to everyone. You have done a fantasitic job. And we all know its not easy.

Your grandaughter is absolutely adorable. Looks like her grandma. But isn't she a but young to be shaving her head LOL she looks like my two boys. lol

Keep up the good work

Greg

Guest JBeans

wow great you look so healty. I lost jsut about the same I look so different too. I love my lap band I have a new look on life.

It really is not until you see the pictures that you really realize the change in our bodies. Great job Karen! Your granddaughter is beautiful and what a cutie your son is. It was so great talking to you and getting to know you. You are an inspirational person with a great heart.

Thanks for the recipe.

Wow Karen,

That is amazing! I love your pics! It was so nice to have met you in Vegas and I'm glad to see you posting here. You have done great and have inspired me immensely. Best wishes to you and your family, Teresa

P.S. Between us though I still think you were more attractive heavy in Hawaii then the Ex-mother in law...