Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone,

My surgery (gastric sleeve) is scheduled in a little over two weeks and on Monday I have to start my 2 week high Protein diet, mostly liquid. I have been looking all over the internet for reccomendations on which on the best tasting ones and have been getting mixed reviews. I know that my tastes will change post surgery so I really just need some to get me through the two weeks. Any and all assistance would be most appreciated so I can pick it up this weekend.

Thank you so much.

I bought whey Protein isolate (flavor less) in bulk. It is my favorite because you can add it to anything. I got samples of the flavored ones. They still taste weird to me. The Premier Protein tastes like chocolate milk though - not bad.

I found GENEPRO to be very good. You can add it to hot or cold drinks,sprinkle it on your food/ I use to love it in a cup tea 30 grams in one serving. Premier choc once a day 30 grams gave me 60 grams of Protein by lunch

I used to love the premier chocolate now it's so bad but I'm still trying to drink them since I have 24 of them left. The vanilla is the one and only shake I can drink.

I have the Unjury chocolate canister and chicken Soup and samples if someone out there wants to try. US only I can UPS to them for cost of postage.

@@living55 premier Protein ready-made shakes are my hands down favorite. I Used them for my two week pre-op and I am now post op as of Monday and I still love them! Especially vanilla and chocolate!

Where do you usuallly purchase these? I know I should have probably googles it first. :)

My Doctor had recommended I purchase my Protein shakes at GNC because they will take back the powder ones if I do not like the taste even if they are opened. I see here most of the recommended ones are ready made. I was advised also powder because I was told is was least expensive. I will go with the major consensus though since many of you have been through it and know. I so appreciate all of your assistance. Thank you so much.

I used to love the premier chocolate now it's so bad but I'm still trying to drink them since I have 24 of them left. The vanilla is the one and only shake I can drink.

I have the Unjury chocolate canister and chicken Soup and samples if someone out there wants to try. US only I can UPS to them for cost of postage.

#9grammy do you still have the chocolate and chicken soup? I am just starting my 2 week liquid diet and would love to try something new. I am in California, if you still have them please let me know :)

My nut recommended Unjury whey Protein. It's hospital grade and formulated for bariatric pts. I also use their Multi Vitamins.

You can check it out at Unjury.com. The taste of the chicken Soup, choc, vanilla flavored powder are good. They have lots of products to choose from. It made me feel easier knowing that many many hospitals use Unjury.

I like Isopure vanilla but what I have been really liking is Target's Market Pantry vanilla, too!

I got a ton of samples from Nashua Nutrition. They'll package up samples of just about anything they carry for under $2 each. So far my favorites have been Syntha 6 (except Cookies and cream) and Matrix (but only mint cookie) :). Premier is also good - it tastes like Yoo-Hoo to me. Kind of like the box, but in that nostalgic "I drank this when I was a kid" way.