Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone get/getting sleeved that is over 400#

Wow Jeanniebeannie I am so excited for you. Please update as soon as u can and let us know how surgery goes. Mine will be the day after yours I am feeling so ready... except for packing lol

Ohhh Jeanniebeannie did you get to weigh in and did you lose weight during your preop diet? I remember you saying you were not going to weigh until you seen your pcp.

I am also in the over 400 club. After going through a 12-month qualifying program with my insurance company, I am very close to having a surgery date. I am hoping to set the date to sometime just before Christmas. Maybe the 18th or 19th of Dec. Have been told that once you set a date it is usually about 3 weeks until surgery so I am crossing my fingers I get the time period I want. However there may be a setback. My surgeon seems to think I need another set of tests to qualify with my insurance, but my insurance says that's not the case. They are communicating with each other today and hopefully I will hear back in the next couple of hours. I am really nervous that this is going to set me back several weeks. But hopefully not.

On Monday, September 29th, 2014 I weighed in during a clinic visit at my highest weight ever: 491.

About a week after that date, even though I had yet to actively change anything (no exercise or consciously dieting) I had already lost 7 pounds. I started exercising almost daily on Tuesday Oct 7th 2014. 5-7 days per week I am at the gym or doing something active. Mostly doing Water aerobics but also doing some walking and strength training. I also started tracking my food and exercise on the Weight Watchers app. I have cut out most processed carbs, white potatoes and rice, and have been focusing on high Protein with lots of fruit and vegetables. I also discovered Quest bars. (They should be called Miracle bars!) Since that initial weigh-in, it's been 49 days and I have lost 48.6 pounds. Almost 1 pound per day. I am beyond thrilled to say that I am currently weighing in at 442.4. I'm less than a pound away from my 10% total weight loss goal. And less than 2 pounds away from a total of 50 pounds lost.

One thing that has helped me is that I joined DietBet. It's a site where you can bet a certain amount of money to join a weight loss game. The first game I joined was a 15 dollar bet. So the money goes into a pool (the site keeps 25% of the profits) and everyone who loses 4% of their total body weight in 4 weeks time splits the winnings. I ended up winning 45 dollars. So I made a 30 dollar profit on my 15 dollar bet. I actually joined the site to help out a friend who was in need of motivation. I thought I would encourage her to join with me and we could help motivate each other. She dropped out after the first week, but I kept going. I am now enrolled in 3 dietbets that all end next week just before Thanksgiving. (You can be enrolled in up to 3 four-week games at a time, and 3 6-month games at a time.) I honestly thought the camaraderie would be the biggest motivating factor. But actually? The idea of losing my bet money is even more motivating! I am just as surprised as anyone!

If I get the surgery date I want, that is one month from today. If I continue losing at this rate I could potentially lose another 30 pounds before surgery, which will put me at around 413. I will be thrilled if that happens! But I am honestly just happy to have lost what I have so far and to be gaining the strength that I have from every day in the pool. They say that the stronger you are before surgery, the easier it is to recover. I am really hoping that's true!

I can't wait to get my surgery date!

@@heynowkc thank you so much for replying to this post. Your story was a pleasure to read. Nov 5th I started the 2 week liqiud preop diet. I weighed 460 when I started the liquid diet and have lost 30 pounds as of yesterday. Today I am on my way to the bay area (about 4 hours from my home) for my surgery tomorrow. I am so excited to continue on this journey to the losers bench.

@@JennsinCA Hey Jen, I am just under 400 now and have some of the same worries as you. I wonder if my size makes it more risky etc etc. We all know what our mind can do to us. I keep telling myself that I am not by any chance the largest person this surgeon has seen, nor are you. I am sure we are both going to do fine.

Good Luck tomorrow, Can't wait to hear how easy it was and how good you are doing!!!

@@heynowkc thank you so much for replying to this post. Your story was a pleasure to read. Nov 5th I started the 2 week liqiud preop diet. I weighed 460 when I started the liquid diet and have lost 30 pounds as of yesterday. Today I am on my way to the bay area (about 4 hours from my home) for my surgery tomorrow. I am so excited to continue on this journey to the losers bench.

Wow you lost that much on the pre-op diet so quickly? That is amazing! A positive portend of things to come for you! Good luck tomorrow! So exciting.

I think it depends more on your overall health than your weight. I have health issues, but they aren't co-morbidities related to my weight. My BP was normal, no vein blockage or circulation issues, no cardiac issues or hernias. I was already exercising regularly.

I went in at 412lbs and from what I've read on these forums, I had an easier time than some who were half my weight. My doctor took every precaution to make sure my surgery was as safe and successful as it could be. So far it's been easy for me.

Waiting to go into surgery. I started the 2 week preop diet at 460 pounds and today at the hospital I weighed in at 426.5 yay. What a great start to this amazing new me

@@JennsinCA Thats 33.5 lbs in Two Weeks you are a Rock Star!!! You are going to do great today and moving forward. Can't wait to hear how it all went.

Waiting to go into surgery. I started the 2 week preop diet at 460 pounds and today at the hospital I weighed in at 426.5 yay. What a great start to this amazing new me

I'm out of surgery!!! Everything went great. I have some gas pains but other than that I feel fine. I have already been walking the halls :)

Congrats! You must be so excited to have the waiting over. Good luck to you.

Yes I am but my gas pain is like in my chest alnost between my boobs it really hurts but i just keep walking

Sounds like you're doing everything right! I am sure the pain will subside in no time.

Congrats!!! How much weight do you think you have lost since surgery? B)

I'm out of surgery!!! Everything went great. I have some gas pains but other than that I feel fine. I have already been walking the halls :)